Nordix Aero 125 SR

Old March 13th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr

Default Nordix Aero 125 SR

Got a birthday coming up and am thinking real strong about asking for
Nordix Aero 1225 SR roller skis for use on rail trails, and maybe some
packed earth hiking trails. Any comments or experiences appreciated.

Picture can be found at:
http://www.akers-ski.com/Merchant2/m...Code=rollerski

Thanks,
GR
Old March 13th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

"gr" schreef in bericht
Got a birthday coming up and am thinking real strong about asking for
Nordix Aero 1225 SR roller skis for use on rail trails, and maybe some
packed earth hiking trails. Any comments or experiences appreciated.

Picture can be found at:

http://www.akers-ski.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=ASI&Pr
oduct_Code=808125&Category_Code=rollerski

I have the Aero 150 SC's and personnaly don't consider them much in the way
of being off-roadable. People do report them to be useful on packed dirt
roads, but I can't imagine that to be fun. Too small and too few wheels,
connected too rigidly to the frame. Tires are really stiff/incompliant, will
barely move under full thumb pressure, even when off their rims. And that's
150mm tires. I have these mostly to get through imperfect pavement, which it
will hardly fine.
I'm sure that below mine, a report will follow how great these are off-road,
my opinion has differed from others' before.

I'd be very interested to know how people like the double rear wheel (side
by side) over a single one for pure rolling performance. I've got a design
going for a more-offroad rollerski around 4*~150mm wheels, and would like to
keep the rear short to enable comfortable climbing.

In Europe, there the Skike.at getting good reviews as a counterpart for the
Nordix.

Old March 13th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

What's the quality of the rail trails? Don't count on these for packed
dirt. The 150s need hard, even dirt, no rocks or pebbles, and even
that's iffy if you find it, so the 125s would likely be in trouble.
That's a heavy rollerski for striding. I didn't like the flex pad on an
earlier version of the NordiXC because my rhythm and its tended not to
be in sync and there was sometimes a double wheel bounce on the forward
stride. The skates worked better (150s), tho were heavy like other
Aeros. Deinitely worth demo'ing first.

rm

Old March 14th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Gary Jacobson

"gr" wrote in message
Got a birthday coming up and am thinking real strong about asking for
Nordix Aero 1225 SR roller skis for use on rail trails, and maybe some
packed earth hiking trails. Any comments or experiences appreciated.

Picture can be found at:
http://www.akers-ski.com/Merchant2/m...Code=rollerski

Thanks,
GR

Forget the 125 for off road. I can use the 150 on semi packed rail bed. Also
the Classic version with one 150 wheel in front and two 125 wheels in the
back work well. But I rarely roller ski off road so apparently I prefer to
train on a smoother surface.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old March 14th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I bought the 125's because a mile of smooth, packed dirt road is part
of my favorite natural loop. But I popped about 8 tires in short
order. Now this was early on in the model's life. I got some free
replacement wheels because the first were known trouble. Most of those
have now popped as well. I haven't popped any lately but I haven't
touched that dirt section either! I think the 125's are notoriously
weight and pressure sensitive. I weigh 175#---right at the limit. And
I think you're supposed to verify 90# with every use.

I do still find them to be GREAT for chipseal, also common around
here.

I don't know if just the new wheels plus careful pressure maintanence
would do the trick and let me get back on the dirt or not. I recall
the official position is that 125's are NOT for dirt or skiers over
180# (and keep pressures exact at max 85-90).

I've heard the 150's are far more tolerant of dirt and pressures and
have long-lasting tires.

--JP

Old March 14th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

Also, 150mm wheels are dirt cheap to be replaced, if you look around. 6x
1-1/4" is what the tire size is called. I wish there would be wider and more
suptle tires to fit the same rims...

Although V2 uses a wider 150mm hub, with some spacers the ~34mm standard
wheels should fit as well.
I paid ?14.50 for a complete hub+tube+tire set, full slick, at the Micro
scooter parts place online. ?10 got me 143mm PU wheels which look really
fast, and might take some bad pavement as well.

schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old March 15th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr

gr wrote:
Got a birthday coming up and am thinking real strong about asking for
Nordix Aero 1225 SR roller skis for use on rail trails, and maybe some
packed earth hiking trails. Any comments or experiences appreciated.

Picture can be found at:
http://www.akers-ski.com/Merchant2/m...Code=rollerski

Thanks,
GR

Yes, I am looking at the classic version with the 150mm front and two
125mm in the rear. The best trail is well maintained flat, stone dust
rail trail, the worst would be hiking trails which vary. I notice that
the Skike site has a video that shows them looking like they work well
on grass, dirt etc.
Akers has a rental available for the Nordix, so I may try that method.
A question for those who have tried the Nordix Classic: On rough road
or off road, are these faster and easier than walking?
gr
Old March 15th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Gary Jacobson

Contact me off newsgroup if you are interested in a pair of used "off road"
classic skis.
Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY
"gr" wrote in message
Got a birthday coming up and am thinking real strong about asking for
Nordix Aero 1225 SR roller skis for use on rail trails, and maybe some
packed earth hiking trails. Any comments or experiences appreciated.

Picture can be found at:
http://www.akers-ski.com/Merchant2/m...Code=rollerski

Thanks,
GR

NordiX at the olympics? Chris Cole Nordic Skiing 7 February 27th 06 01:04 PM
Nordix Aero roller skis mrw Nordic Skiing 1 March 15th 05 01:29 AM
NORDIX - extreme XC ski race in Austira revyakin Nordic Skiing 14 April 11th 04 10:37 PM
New V2 Aero Tires Jon Nordic Skiing 0 December 19th 03 02:00 PM
FS: V2 Aero 125s Marsh Jones Nordic Skiing 0 December 8th 03 12:43 AM