best ski resort?

Old September 27th 12, 02:53 PM
danial65 danial65 is offline
Junior Member

Default best ski resort?

Hi all,
I'm new in this forum and I want to know about the best ski resort in Europe. I have a plan to go there with my family and friend. I search many sites but this forum have some great knowledge. Thank in advance for any suggestion.
Danial
Old September 28th 12, 07:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki[_3_]

On 27/09/2012 16:53, danial65 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm new in this forum and I want to know about the best ski resort in
Europe. I have a plan to go there with my family and friend. I search
many sites but this forum have some great knowledge. Thank in advance
for any suggestion.
Danial

It depends what your needs are. Are you, your family and friend(s)
beginners, intermediate, expert, off-piste powder hounds ? When can you
go ? Do you speak any foreign languages ? Are non-ski activities important.

Personally my favourite resort is Le Praz which is part of the huge 3
Valleys area in France, but there are all sorts of personal reasons for
that and I know some people hate that sort of over-groomed resort with
lots of piste motorways and lots of French people.

Tell us what you are looking for and you'll get lots of advice...

Old September 28th 12, 10:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike Clark[_2_]

In message
BrritSki wrote:

On 27/09/2012 16:53, danial65 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm new in this forum and I want to know about the best ski resort in
Europe. I have a plan to go there with my family and friend. I search
many sites but this forum have some great knowledge. Thank in advance
for any suggestion.
Danial

It depends what your needs are. Are you, your family and friend(s)
beginners, intermediate, expert, off-piste powder hounds ? When can
you go ? Do you speak any foreign languages ? Are non-ski activities
important.

I'd agree with all of the above questions and also add to the list a
question as to when you are planning to go? Although you can't predict
the snowfall absolutely, the best part of the ski-seasons are not
identical in length for all ski resorts, depending upon things such as
altitude, slope aspects and geographical location.

Mike
--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,
Old September 28th 12, 10:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
David B

"BrritSki" wrote in message
[...]

If you're not keen on your family then definitely La Grave. ;o)

But on a more serious note and with no other information, BrritSki's
suggestion is a good one, or try La Tania next door. They are both little
villages within a massive ski area. You also have Meribel next door if you
fancy a bit of night life. You could do a good couple of weeks without
doing the same runs all the time.
If you're all off piste fans then it might be worth looking at Chamonix or
you could try Slovakia if you don't mind it cold.

Old October 2nd 12, 03:57 PM
danial65 danial65 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
"BrritSki" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks you all of you guys. I also thinking about La Grave.
Old October 3rd 12, 09:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki[_3_]

On 02/10/2012 17:57, danial65 wrote:

Thanks you all of you guys. I also thinking about La Grave.

I hope you are all good skiers then and are happy to pay for a guide...

Old October 3rd 12, 11:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 15:57:18 +0000, danial65
wrote:

Tell us what you are looking for and you'll get lots of advice...

Thanks you all of you guys. I also thinking about La Grave.

Now if you try answering the above question you might get some advice
that's actually useful...

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old October 3rd 12, 01:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

wrote:

Tell us what you are looking for and you'll get lots of advice...

Thanks you all of you guys. I also thinking about La Grave.

Now if you try answering the above question you might get some advice
that's actually useful...

Quite.

--
Colin Irvine
http://www.colinandpat.co.uk
Old March 12th 13, 04:43 PM
J.James J.James is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA

Europe is not a little thing,it is a continent and there are more than 100 places in Europe for skiing and there are a number of ski accommodations there. You should have mentioned about the exact place where you want to move. Any how these are the places(ski accommodations) there :

LA GRAVE, FRANCE
KITZBÜHEL, AUSTRIA
MÜRREN SWITZERLAND(simply the best)
ALAGNA, ITALY