Expanding the Horizon

Old January 17th 11, 07:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Expanding the Horizon

WRT golfing.

They say that 70% of your shots are made from 100 yards in. I hit a
lot with wedges. My 9 iron is about a 125 club, add about 12/15 yards
per club. Driving the ball off of the tee is fun. But I like the
approach and putting too.

I've been golfing a couple of hundred days per year lately. And I
don't find myself worrying about dodging balls are any of that. Sand
can be a little bit of a pain sometimes, but you get the hang of it.
The thing about golf is that just about the time you shoot a few good
scores, aka getting the hang of it, you have a game worse than your
very first day. Then the more you try to fix it, the worse it gets.
Talk about fun....!

I got a set of irons on craigslist for $100. A higher end set from
about 2003. Being right handed you can pick up a totally useable,
halfway decent set with woods and wedges for that.
Old January 17th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Jan 17, 12:45*pm, pigo wrote:
[...]

I used to work at a TPC course in NJ. The money I would see people
drop on latest technology doo-hicky Driver or wedge was insane. But
they weren't all prissy. We had a really wealthy lawyer as a member
who would dutifully book the first tee time every week day morning
rain or shine, or sub-freezing temps...and play the 9 of her choice.
We (the grounds crew) would all work her.
Old January 17th 11, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Amazing how this pathetic, laughable coward hid out and didn't post
when I was in Utah.....but is a virtual chatterbox now that he knows I
am home.
Talk about a terrified, effeminate man.
One thing for su I certainly would have expanded his horizons if he
had showed up in Sun Valley, or in Deer Valley, or at The Canyons, or
a short walk from his house at the Patagonia Outlet......

Old January 17th 11, 08:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 1:09*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Jan 17, 12:45*pm, pigo wrote:

[...]

YOU certainly are prissy. Got any comment on your good friend
pussying out when I was in Utah?
How prissy of both of you.

*We had a really wealthy lawyer as a member
who would dutifully book the first tee time every week day morning
rain or shine, or sub-freezing temps...and play the 9 of her choice.
We (the grounds crew) would all work her.-

One thing for su she was more of a man than you will ever be.
Old January 17th 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 17, 2:09*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:

I used to work at a TPC course in NJ. *The money I would see people
drop on latest technology doo-hicky Driver or wedge was insane. *But
they weren't all prissy. *We had a really wealthy lawyer as a member
who would dutifully book the first tee time every week day morning
rain or shine, or sub-freezing temps...and play the 9 of her choice.
We (the grounds crew) would all work her.

Sure! You can play it that way. I always had new skis, but because I
usually broke them in a season and the reps wanted to new stuff out on
the hill ripping it so that people would buy them for next year so
they could rip it up too! But if I didn't ski them so much or so
roughly, that wouldn't have been necessary. The skis I was skiing,
wood core racing skis, would have lasted the average rec. skier many
years in most cases. For golf equipment it's even more applicable.

What does play into it is the frustration level and going from "I'm
getting better" to "I totally suck" for no apparent reason. Equipment
feels like a cure all and reasonable explaination.
Old January 17th 11, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 1:24*pm, pigo wrote:
On Jan 17, 2:09*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:

I used to work at a TPC course in NJ. *The money I would see people
drop on latest technology doo-hicky Driver or wedge was insane. *But
they weren't all prissy. *We had a really wealthy lawyer as a member
who would dutifully book the first tee time every week day morning
rain or shine, or sub-freezing temps...and play the 9 of her choice.
We (the grounds crew) would all work her.

Sure! You can play it that way. I always had new skis, but because I
usually broke them in a season and the reps wanted to new stuff out on
the hill ripping it so that people would buy them for next year so
they could rip it up too!

Guess you didn't have any skis last week, eh,
pppppppuuuuuuuussssssyyyyyyy?
You could have met me in the parking lot, though.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

But if I didn't ski them so much or so
roughly, that wouldn't have been necessary. The skis I was skiing,
wood core racing skis, would have lasted the average rec. skier many
years in most cases. For golf equipment it's even more applicable.

Too bad you couldn't get a set of man balls from the rep, too, Mr.
Effeminate.

What does play into it is the frustration level and going from "I'm
getting better" to "I totally suck" for no apparent reason. Equipment
feels like a cure all and reasonable explaination.

You totally suck for many apparent reasons. No equipment will cure
you.

Old January 18th 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 01/17/2011 01:09 PM, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Jan 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:
[...]

My friend loves people like that. They sell last year's technology at
$5/club! Way easier to find decent clubs than decent skis :-(

But
they weren't all prissy. We had a really wealthy lawyer as a member
who would dutifully book the first tee time every week day morning
rain or shine, or sub-freezing temps...and play the 9 of her choice.
We (the grounds crew) would all work her.

That sounds an awful lot like gang rape. Are you SURE that's what you
meant?

--
Cheers, Bev

Old January 18th 11, 07:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 12:45 pm, *wrote:
[...]

How hilarious. Bev ****ley makes another rape joke. She's REALLY
hilarious when she jokes about raping children.
Old January 18th 11, 09:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 17, 12:45 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Cheers, Bev- Hide quoted text -

You say that like it's a bad thing?
Old January 19th 11, 04:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 12:45 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Another rape joke from Brain Fried Bob Thompson, who also thinks
making sick jokes about molesting children is hilarious fun. How vile
can you get?
Yeah, we know. A lot more vile.