Real skiing talk

Old January 18th 11, 05:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

Default Real skiing talk

"Bob F" wrote in message
NormG wrote:
Just the fact that most people who have used an actual newsgroup
reader will find the google interface extremely annoying and want to
use something real. Gmail accounts also result in the above
sillyness, where your post does not get indented and marked the way
it should when I reply to it.

Does my gmail account do that? Or, do you mean google groups posts?

No. But you are not using gmail to post you are using:

So it works properly.

But it appears above that when yo reply to Dave your reader formats it
properly. Damn I wish I knew what causes that. It only seems to happen when
i reply to a google poster. I've noticed a couple of other people here have
the same issue. Anybody know how to fix?

Old January 18th 11, 07:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
down_hill wrote:

Dave Cartman wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Which free server do you use?

Dave

nntp.aioe.org

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old January 18th 11, 02:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

NormG wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
NormG wrote:
Just the fact that most people who have used an actual newsgroup
reader will find the google interface extremely annoying and want to
use something real. Gmail accounts also result in the above
sillyness, where your post does not get indented and marked the way
it should when I reply to it.

Does my gmail account do that? Or, do you mean google groups posts?

No. But you are not using gmail to post you are using:

So it works properly.

But it appears above that when yo reply to Dave your reader formats it
properly. Damn I wish I knew what causes that. It only seems to
happen when i reply to a google poster. I've noticed a couple of
other people here have the same issue. Anybody know how to fix?

I installed OE-Quotefix to improve the quoteing. It's not perfect, but it does
help a lot.

Old January 18th 11, 03:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:36:46 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote this crap:

NormG wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
NormG wrote:
Just the fact that most people who have used an actual newsgroup
reader will find the google interface extremely annoying and want to
use something real. Gmail accounts also result in the above
sillyness, where your post does not get indented and marked the way
it should when I reply to it.

Does my gmail account do that? Or, do you mean google groups posts?

No. But you are not using gmail to post you are using:

So it works properly.

But it appears above that when yo reply to Dave your reader formats it
properly. Damn I wish I knew what causes that. It only seems to
happen when i reply to a google poster. I've noticed a couple of
other people here have the same issue. Anybody know how to fix?

I installed OE-Quotefix to improve the quoteing. It's not perfect, but it does
help a lot.

I don't use OE so I don't have those problems. I use Agent, it's far
superior.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old January 18th 11, 04:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

Bob F wrote:
NormG wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
NormG wrote:
Just the fact that most people who have used an actual newsgroup
reader will find the google interface extremely annoying and want
to use something real. Gmail accounts also result in the above
sillyness, where your post does not get indented and marked the way
it should when I reply to it.

Does my gmail account do that? Or, do you mean google groups posts?

No. But you are not using gmail to post you are using:

So it works properly.

But it appears above that when yo reply to Dave your reader formats
it properly. Damn I wish I knew what causes that. It only seems to
happen when i reply to a google poster. I've noticed a couple of
other people here have the same issue. Anybody know how to fix?

I installed OE-Quotefix to improve the quoteing. It's not perfect,
but it does help a lot.

Seems to work. Have to start OE from a differrent place but I can work with
that. Now when I try to reply to a google post i see it unquoted for half a
second, bit of a flicker, then its set like any other.
Thanks.

Old January 18th 11, 05:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 01/18/2011 12:31 AM, Dave Cartman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Dave Cartman wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

I just tried posting. It worked. Everybody try a mess of test posts
and report back... Do it NOW!

Which free server do you use?

Dave

nntp.aioe.org

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Also eternal-september.org. Free, lots of groups, good retention, no
binaries. You need a REAL mail/newsreader like Thunderbird, Outlook,
Agent (is that still around?) etc., NOT a web-based 'reader' like google
groups. Indeed, many people automatically delete messages from people
who post at the googlegroups website (NOT people who use gmail
adderesses, that's completely different).

I know YOU know that, Cartman, it's for the benefit of others.

--
Cheers, Bev

Old January 19th 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
David Stallard

On 1/18/11 12:34 AM, down_hill wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Which free server do you use?

Dave

nntp.aioe.org

I'm posting from there now. Downloaded Thunderbird and installed it on
my Mac; it ran like a champ. First thing I've liked on this ****ing
Fag'n'tosh.

Dave
Old January 19th 11, 02:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Dave Cartman wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Which free server do you use?

Dave

nntp.aioe.org

I'm posting from there now. Downloaded Thunderbird and installed it on
my Mac; it ran like a champ. First thing I've liked on this ****ing
Fag'n'tosh.

Dave

I think I have used them 4 or 5 years with seamonkey as combined client
email news and browser.
Old January 19th 11, 03:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

* *wrote:

Dave Cartman wrote:

[...]

It's still not working for me through Google Groups.
Old January 19th 11, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

* *wrote:

Dave Cartman wrote:

[...]

It's still not working for me through Google Groups.- Hide quoted text -

I sent a couple through GG yesterday.

A real skiing question hr(bob) [email protected] Alpine Skiing 25 August 17th 10 07:16 AM
obski: real skiing taichiskiing Alpine Skiing 192 January 20th 09 03:38 AM
Talk like a Pirat Armin Alpine Skiing 2 September 19th 08 10:51 PM
FS: Real Bicycle Seats for Real People! [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 22nd 06 05:25 AM
The Europeans have no REAL mountains for skiing !!!!! Bruno Beam European Ski Resorts 18 December 29th 04 10:39 AM