Real skiing talk

Old January 17th 11, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Real skiing talk

On Jan 17, 10:33*am, Dave Stallard wrote:
On Jan 17, 1:10*pm, down_hill wrote:

Too many people can not post on it and the last message was dec 16th.
This seems to be working but it seems to be near the cycle time of the
ski video loon.

You can get it to via groups.google.com. * *A web browser interface,
but not bad at all - I'm using it to make this post. *And it's free of
course.

And then you get to hang out with a cowardly stalking pathological
liar like Dave Stallard. Fun, fun.
Old January 17th 11, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 10:51*am, down_hill wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:
On Jan 17, 1:10 pm, *wrote:

Too many people can not post on it and the last message was dec 16th.
This seems to be working but it seems to be near the cycle time of the
ski video loon.

You can get it to via groups.google.com. * *A web browser interface,
but not bad at all - I'm using it to make this post. *And it's free of
course.

Dave

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty * for some people *to post and
the last message was a month ago?

You fail to address the reality that no decent person is allowed to
post there, that vile defamations are permitted but the truth is
censored, that the group was founded on lies, that criminals and
freaks are the moderators, and that the group is a humiliating and
embarassing failure for all involved.
How about all you assholes leave rsa to decent people? Sounds fair to
me.
Old January 17th 11, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 11:11*am, Dave Stallard wrote:
On Jan 17, 1:51*pm, down_hill wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty * for some people *to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Well, I think I've addressed the first problem, namely that it's
difficult to post. * All you need is a Gmail/Google ID, and away you
go. * Is there anything I'm missing?

The second problem would be addressed by more people posting, of
course.

Which they will never do once they figure out what an asshole you
are. Just like rsa.
Old January 17th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
down_hill wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:
On Jan 17, 1:10 pm, wrote:

Too many people can not post on it and the last message was dec 16th.
This seems to be working but it seems to be near the cycle time of the
ski video loon.

You can get it to via groups.google.com. A web browser interface,
but not bad at all - I'm using it to make this post. And it's free of
course.

Dave

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Which free server do you use?

Dave
Old January 17th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
On Jan 17, 1:51 pm, down_hill wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Well, I think I've addressed the first problem, namely that it's
difficult to post. All you need is a Gmail/Google ID, and away you
go. Is there anything I'm missing?

============

Just the fact that most people who have used an actual newsgroup reader will
find the google interface extremely annoying and want to use something real.
Gmail accounts also result in the above sillyness, where your post does not
get indented and marked the way it should when I reply to it.
Like Pigo said, use the killfile and it cleans up quite nicely. Can you
killfile using google? That deficiency in itself would drive me nuts, never
mind the fact, like most web browser interfaces, it doesn't display the
message hierarchy in a logical way.

it doesn't display the message hierarchy in a legible fashion, The second

Old January 17th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 2:06*pm, "NormG" wrote:
"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

On Jan 17, 1:51 pm, down_hill wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Well, I think I've addressed the first problem, namely that it's
difficult to post. * All you need is a Gmail/Google ID, and away you
go. * Is there anything I'm missing?

============

Just the fact that most people who have used an actual newsgroup reader will
find the google interface extremely annoying and want to use something real.
Gmail accounts also result in the above sillyness, where your post does not
get indented and marked the way it should when I reply to it.

Works just fine for me, ppppuuuusssssyyyyyy.

Like Pigo said, use the killfile and it cleans up quite nicely.

Holy ****, you quote Bob Thompson. The most disgusting freak in a
newsgroup filled with disgusting freaks, and a coward who just
humiliated all of you by hiding out when challenged last week.
Do you have no pride? No shame? Why do I ask? You're posting to
rsa.

Can you
killfile using google? That deficiency in itself would drive me nuts, never
mind the fact, like most web browser interfaces, it doesn't display the
message hierarchy in a logical way.

You just quoted Brain Fried Bob on killfiles. Obviously, logic is
beyond you.

it doesn't display the message hierarchy in a legible fashion, The second
problem would be addressed by more people posting, of
course.

Why would they? You're not allowed to post to rsa.terrorist unless
you are a pathological liar and amoral douchebag.
Ooooops, forgot. They let you post there.
Old January 17th 11, 10:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

NormG wrote:
Just the fact that most people who have used an actual newsgroup
reader will find the google interface extremely annoying and want to
use something real. Gmail accounts also result in the above
sillyness, where your post does not get indented and marked the way
it should when I reply to it.

Does my gmail account do that? Or, do you mean google groups posts?

Old January 17th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:34:59 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

For those lurkers who wonder where non-trash-talking skiing talk can
be found, go to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Tried to post several times, it doesn't work
Old January 17th 11, 11:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
For those lurkers who wonder where non-trash-talking skiing talk can
be found, go to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Tried to post several times, it doesn't work

Is it possible that the moderators of rsa.pppppuuuuussssssyyyyyy
finally discovered taste, class, morals, and ethics, and refused to
allow someone who calls himself Dick Gozinya to post there?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
Old January 18th 11, 04:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Dave Cartman wrote:

I use a free newsgroup server and do not have to deal with google

but you fail to address the difficulty for some people to post and
the last message was a month ago?

Which free server do you use?

Dave

nntp.aioe.org

A real skiing question hr(bob) [email protected] Alpine Skiing 25 August 17th 10 07:16 AM
obski: real skiing taichiskiing Alpine Skiing 192 January 20th 09 03:38 AM
Talk like a Pirat Armin Alpine Skiing 2 September 19th 08 10:51 PM
FS: Real Bicycle Seats for Real People! [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 22nd 06 05:25 AM
The Europeans have no REAL mountains for skiing !!!!! Bruno Beam European Ski Resorts 18 December 29th 04 10:39 AM