Mammoth report

Old January 14th 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Mammoth report

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 03:58:20 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

If I remember correctly, Jeff Bridges is reasonably well known.

As The Dude.

No. He was Obidious Stain.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old January 14th 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 1/13/11 9:48 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

I have a large monterey pine dying in front of the house, one of three
that weren't all that impressive when we moved here 17 years ago. I'm
going to give it a chance to recover in the winter rains, but if it is
still mostly brown this summer, I'm converting it to firewood.

I'm sure there is some local ordinance or permit I will be ignoring in
the process.

Permits are easy enough for dead/dying trees - they're a hazard. If you
go permit less at least take a picture to show the tree was dying and
give yourself an arguing point in case they threaten you with fines,
which occasionally happens.

Old January 14th 11, 03:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 14, 8:46*am, lal_truckee wrote:

Permits are easy enough for dead/dying trees - they're a hazard. If you
go permit less at least take a picture to show the tree was dying and
give yourself an arguing point in case they threaten you with fines,
which occasionally happens.

It *IS* California after all. You never know what they are going to
come up with.

I acutally like cutting firewood. I could buy it. It's alot easier and
less expensive than the gas+time+chainsaw, but it's nice to get out in
the woods and spend the day filling a truck too. Then I just split a
couple of days at a time as I need it working off of stuff that a
couple of years old.

Old January 14th 11, 04:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 14, 7:46*am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/13/11 9:48 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

I have a large monterey pine dying in front of the house, one of three
that weren't all that impressive when we moved here 17 years ago. *I'm
going to give it a chance to recover in the winter rains, but if it is
still mostly brown this summer, I'm converting it to firewood.

I'm sure there is some local ordinance or permit I will be ignoring in
the process.

Permits are easy enough for dead/dying trees - they're a hazard. If you
go permit less at least take a picture to show the tree was dying and
give yourself an arguing point in case they threaten you with fines,
which occasionally happens.

I cut down 6 poplars almost as tall as this pine (although poplars are
skinny) when we moved in here because the poplar roots were coming up
all over the lawn. I took them all down with a handaxe and a bow saw
in one weekend, and dropped them down between the redwood gazebo and a
wooden fence without damaging either. After I dug out the root balls
we planted fruit trees in some of the holes.

This pine will come down completely in my driveway if I do it right.
My only concern is that I might crack one of the concrete slabs, and
the one closest to the tree is already cracked.

The scene of the crime:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...01206&t=h&z=20

This is a fairly recent picture, based on the details visible, but the
trees all look healthy.
Old January 14th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 1/14/11 8:47 AM, pigo wrote:
On Jan 14, 8:46 am, wrote:

Permits are easy enough for dead/dying trees - they're a hazard. If you
go permit less at least take a picture to show the tree was dying and
give yourself an arguing point in case they threaten you with fines,
which occasionally happens.

It *IS* California after all. You never know what they are going to
come up with.

I think it's mostly an urban thing - they're trying to tree up the cities.
They also distinguesh between weed trees and redwoods/oaks etc.

I acutally like cutting firewood.

I used to use an axe - primeval cutting a medium large tree down with an
axe - I use the saw now; not nearly as much fun, but certainly easier.
Old January 14th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 14, 9:41*am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/14/11 8:47 AM, pigo wrote:

On Jan 14, 8:46 am, *wrote:

Permits are easy enough for dead/dying trees - they're a hazard. If you
go permit less at least take a picture to show the tree was dying and
give yourself an arguing point in case they threaten you with fines,
which occasionally happens.

It *IS* California after all. You never know what they are going to
come up with.

I think it's mostly an urban thing - they're trying to tree up the cities..
They also distinguesh between weed trees and redwoods/oaks etc.

I acutally like cutting firewood.

I used to use an axe - primeval cutting a medium large tree down with an
axe - I use the saw now; not nearly as much fun, but certainly easier.

I figure it will take 2 hours with an axe or about 10-15 minutes with
a chain saw. And I have three, a gas, an electric, and one still in
the box.
Old January 14th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jan 14, 8:47*am, pigo wrote:
On Jan 14, 8:46*am, lal_truckee wrote:

Permits are easy enough for dead/dying trees - they're a hazard. If you
go permit less at least take a picture to show the tree was dying and
give yourself an arguing point in case they threaten you with fines,
which occasionally happens.

It *IS* California after all. You never know what they are going to
come up with.

Yeah, like EMERGENCY TREE CUTTING TRIPS, right?

I acutally like cutting firewood. I could buy it. It's alot easier and
less expensive than the gas+time+chainsaw, but it's nice to get out in
the woods and spend the day filling a truck too. Then I just split a
couple of days at a time as I need it working off of stuff that a
couple of years old.

Is that what you were doing when I was in Utah,
pppppppppuuuuuuussssssssyyyyy?
Had lunch in Sugarhouse yesterday. Did you crap your pants?
Old January 14th 11, 10:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
Richard Henry wrote:

If I remember correctly, Jeff Bridges is reasonably well known.

As The Dude.

And Big Z (who was an awful lot like the dude)
Old January 17th 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 10, 4:29*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
Drove up yesterday. *Stopped for luch at the Ranch House in Olancha -
still good food like you would get if you dropped in on relatives.

Are you back yet?

It's interesting how few ski reports there are here considering the
weather. It's normal for us Utah folks to have snow, but there is an
abundance of it this year it seems. All there is on the news is how
much snow there is everywhere. I heard every state but Florida has
snow on the ground.

No need for me to post ski reports, hehe, I posted plenty in the past
anyway. Everyone already knows that the skiing here is great. It's
warming up this storm though. A little thick. Good thing I got it in
while it was cold. Off to PHX this week. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
70's (F)!
Old January 17th 11, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 17, 7:46*am, pigo wrote:
On Jan 10, 4:29*pm, Richard Henry wrote:

Drove up yesterday. *Stopped for luch at the Ranch House in Olancha -
still good food like you would get if you dropped in on relatives.

Are you back yet?

Yes, I am. You can come out of hiding. Take your diapers off.

It's interesting how few ski reports there are here considering the
weather.

It's interesting that I posted several reports on the conditions in
Idaho and Park City, and you ignored them all as you hid out on an
EMERGENCY GOLF TRIP!!!!!

It's normal for us Utah folks to have snow, but there is an
abundance of it this year it seems. All there is on the news is how
much snow there is everywhere. I heard every state but Florida has
snow on the ground.

Is it normal for all Utah folks to be dickless cowards, laughable
stalkers, and pathetic, disgusting liars? You sure are.

No need for me to post ski reports, hehe,

No need for me to remind everyone that you just humiliated yourself,
hehe, but I will do so anyway.

I posted plenty in the past
anyway. Everyone already knows that the skiing here is great.

It sure was. Especially at DV and The Canyons the days that you
didn't have the balls to show up, pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyyy.

It's
warming up this storm though. A little thick. Good thing I got it in
while it was cold. Off to PHX this week. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
70's (F)!

So where were you hiding when I was in town, having given you two
weeks notice of the time and place? Enquiring minds want to know.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aspen v Mammoth slanton Alpine Skiing 6 January 17th 06 05:13 PM
mammoth hob Snowboarding 3 February 15th 05 09:19 PM
Mammoth Scaramanga Snowboarding 2 November 11th 04 09:24 PM
Mammoth mountain.... The Aikidoka Snowboarding 0 April 1st 04 09:30 PM
Mammoth report Seth Masia Alpine Skiing 0 November 11th 03 12:09 AM