ski content

Old January 5th 11, 01:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default ski content

After over a year of no skiing. I spent last night running gates on a
small hill just north of the city. It was great to get on ski again.
Even better is it is only an hour away. My knees feel tweaked but over
all the body feels pretty good.

The best part was I got to train with my intern he races for his college
team and we talked race cars up on the lift and had a good time doing
the drills.

Train again tomorrow, might hit ski machine to see how the knees feel.
Then I head to Greek Peak for training on saturday and a race on sunday
then we are staying on monday and will spend the day skiing with my son,
he will do two days of lessons.

My intern might join me as he goes to school near there. I know I have a
good intern because other people in the race world want him to work with
them. How this becomes apparent is during exchange of holiday greeting I
get how is your intern doing? They do not first ask about my son they
ask about my intern.
He went go karting with a long time pro racer and every time he see the
guys name in a article or old race standings he points out he got to
race against him. Of course my intern does not know but the old racer
wants him to run his karts for him this year. The program the guy does
is you prep the karts and get to use the second one he covers all the
expenses. Before my intern met the old racer he told me that one of his
heroes was Mark Donahue, as he was an engineer and driver. So I took out
a Mark Donahue book "unfair advantage" and pointed out the name of the
old driver he was going to met.