Nanowax vs Homenkol speedFinish

Old December 28th 10, 10:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

Default Nanowax vs Homenkol speedFinish

Hi,

looks like Nanowax (formerly Cerax) products have been now completely
integrated into Homenkol range of products under the name of
"speedfinish". The Nanowax brand has been dropped.
In fact it seems that Nanogate acquired the majority into Holmenkol.
http://www.nanostart.de/index.php/en...ding-holmenkol

In the meantime prices have doubled and usage tips have
disappeared....

Anyone has information about the latest improvement in the products ?
(apart obvious profitability improvements..;-)
Old December 31st 10, 01:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jay W

In fact it seems that Nanogate acquired the majority into Holmenkol.http://www.nanostart.de/index.php/en...9-nanogate-acq...

In the meantime prices have doubled and usage tips have
disappeared....

Anyone has information about the latest improvement in the products ?
(apart obvious profitability improvements..;-)

I tested Cerax pretty extensively. Strange stuff, sometimes very fast,
most times about equal with wax, sometimes very slow. It was hard to
predict. About the only thing I can comment on is my Cerax
interactions. The few emails that I exchanged with Germany were
informed, but I got the feeling the chemists developed something that
they didn't completely understand. So they were quite interested in
what I found in my testing. Now, 12 or 14 years later, I just
purchased a set of Homenkol Matrix waxes to test.

Jay
Old January 1st 11, 02:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

Hi Jay,
I was hoping that you would still be around.
Would be nice to have your comments.
Also, If you still have connection with some chemists there, would be
nice to have their tips.

I found polymer "waxing" a good companion to "Kuzmin" base prepping.

Happy new year to all.

Laurent
Old January 22nd 11, 02:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jay W

On Jan 1, 9:31*am, lolix wrote:
Hi Jay,
I was hoping that you would still be around.
Would be nice to have your comments.
Also, If you still have connection with some chemists there, would be
nice to have their tips.

I found polymer "waxing" a good companion to "Kuzmin" base prepping.

Happy new year to all.

Laurent

Laurent,

There are times that I think a bare ski can be faster. Cerax may habe
been exploring some of that option indirectly. It's hard to think
about bare skis when you've been worshipping at the alter of wax dogma
for years (kind of like that sentence). I should pull out the old
Cerax and see if it still has solvent left in the bottles. (Probably
not.)

Anyway, the Cerax chemists were cleaver, I think German chemists have
a good reputation for being, well, really smart and perfectists about
details. I picked up the Holmenkol line of waxes for a number of
reasons, but this connection had a small part. BNS is testing the
waxes (they test well) and I expect the quality of the materials and
manufacturing to be excellent. So, no facts. (Hah.)

On the other hand, I think the Kuzmin was "out to lunch" with some of
his ideas. I think he wanted to be an iconoclast, or find something to
prove everyone wrong. Every scientist has some of that.

Jay

Old January 22nd 11, 08:28 AM
pokeroddsc pokeroddsc is offline
Banned

Location: Albania

Hi guys,

Does anyone know a good poker calculator program for the use in texas holdem poker ?

Gracias
Old January 22nd 11, 08:29 AM
pokeroddsc pokeroddsc is offline
Banned

Location: Albania

Hi friends,

Does anyone know a good poker calculator program for the use in online poker ?

Thanks
Old January 24th 11, 01:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jay W

--
pokeroddsc

If you're using old cards and in a smoke filled (dirty) area, I'd go
with the Swix BW or Holmenkol black calculators wtih a pure flouro
cover.

Jay