I've Skied This

Old October 12th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Kurt Knisely

Default I've Skied This

(Jeff Davis) wrote in
:

Starting zones with a 55 degree inclination are much less likely to
hold a load for a latent release. But it does happen. There are no
absolutes. Only good judgement. Good judgement comes from direct
observation of the 2007-08 snowpack as it falls and settles.

Yep, I'm not sure I'm ready for 55 degrees. I've probably only skied in
the mid 40s for any distance (Wolverene Circus--and those are short lines).

I got hammered for stating that same thing about the snowpack. You gotta
watch the snow through the season and/or dig a bunch of pits to see what's
up. I always dig at least one full depth pit when I travel somewhere else
to ski and then usually smaller ones as the days progress. Since I don't
live up there, I'd need a guide/local to show me around. That terrain is
nothing to **** with.

-K
Old October 13th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Doofus Fighter

On Oct 10, 4:29 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbvb07B9uFI

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Dewd, Hate to tell you this but you could have skied Everest, K2,
North Face of the Eiger, The Empire State Building, and you would
still be nothing but a name-dropping, uneducated, lazy, freeloading,
middle-aged asshole. Doesn't change a ****ing thing.

Old October 13th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 07:11:06 -0700, Doofus Fighter
wrote this crap:

On Oct 10, 4:29 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbvb07B9uFI

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Dewd, Hate to tell you this but you could have skied Everest, K2,
North Face of the Eiger, The Empire State Building, and you would
still be nothing but a name-dropping, uneducated, lazy, freeloading,
middle-aged asshole. Doesn't change a ****ing thing.

He's uneducated? That's news to me.

I guess he wouldn't be impressed with my degree from MIT.

Go Buckeyes!

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old October 13th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Suzieflame

wrote this crap:

On Oct 10, 4:29 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbvb07B9uFI

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Dewd, Hate to tell you this but you could have skied Everest, K2,
North Face of the Eiger, The Empire State Building, and you would
still be nothing but a name-dropping, uneducated, lazy, freeloading,
middle-aged asshole. Doesn't change a ****ing thing.

He's uneducated? That's news to me.

I guess he wouldn't be impressed with my degree from MIT.

Go Buckeyes!

MIT is for those who couldn't get into a decent university.

Suzie
--
Suzieflame
Old October 13th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:43:53 +0200, Suzieflame
wrote this crap:

I guess he wouldn't be impressed with my degree from MIT.

Go Buckeyes!

MIT is for those who couldn't get into a decent university.

That wasn't my first degree.

Old October 13th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:

Can't see any of that from the trail maps, eh? What's with this trail map
anyway? Why is there a line around Cody peak? Is it controlled/patrolled,
or does that line mean "hike to OB terrain"? You have to boot it or skin
from bottom of Cody bowl to get back in-bounds (other than skiing down Rock
Springs Bowl)?

The line is for marketing. They charge beau coup bucks for back country
guides. From the summit of peak 10,450, (the top of the tram), it's a short
boot pack up the ridge. Save your skins for later. It's wild snow. No
avalanche control. The ski patrol is closer than Teton County Search and
Rescue, so they'll head out when lives are threatened. Rock Springs is a
fun ski. It's easy to follow tracks traversing toward the South Hoback at
the bottom.

Is there another map/pic with more of the ski lines drawn in? I'll check
the JH Avie page.

Focus Productions has a double sided ariel photograph. Out south on one side
and the Dark Side on the other. Great view of Granite Canyon lines on the
Dark Side, albeit, fairly useless for route finding. Check with Wade McCoy
on that.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old October 13th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Suzieflame

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:27:14 -0400, Harry
blathered:

wrote this crap:

I guess he wouldn't be impressed with my degree from MIT.

MIT is for those who couldn't get into a decent university.

That wasn't my first degree.

That makes your choice, at a later stage of life, even less excusable.

Suzie
--
Suzieflame
Old October 13th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 00:03:28 +0200, Suzieflame
wrote this crap:

MIT is for those who couldn't get into a decent university.

That wasn't my first degree.

That makes your choice, at a later stage of life, even less excusable.

What? Excusable for what?

Old October 14th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Doofus Fighter

On Oct 13, 10:43 am, Harry wrote:

I guess he wouldn't be impressed with my degree from MIT.

He can't even spell MIT.

Old October 14th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_7_]

Harry Weiner wrote:

Go Buckeyes!

Is that a type of Salmon? Where are they going?

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Anyone skied indoors? [email protected] Alpine Skiing 15 November 8th 06 05:19 PM
The Man Who Skied Down Everest Mike Y Alpine Skiing 1 September 6th 06 10:15 AM
Anyone skied in Dubai? [email protected] European Ski Resorts 1 August 22nd 06 10:02 AM
Where I skied scottabe Alpine Skiing 2 January 5th 04 03:09 PM
Have you ever skied in England ? Enotrio Pallanzo European Ski Resorts 23 September 25th 03 06:35 AM