Should i go back for lessons

Old November 13th 03, 10:08 AM
Graham

Default Should i go back for lessons

I havent been snowboarding since feb when i spent 2weeks in slovinga,
before that i spent 2 weeks in andorra. I was one of those lucky ppl
who had a mis spent youth skating and so i took me a day and a half in
andoarra to learn to link turn (lucky me but you would belive the
amount of pain i was in... never say die !) ..

anyways there is a new indoor snowdome near to me so i figured i
should go before i go to tignes next year thing is they have this
minimum standard thingy for riding the slope and as i havent been on
the snow since feb i know it might take me a good hour or so before i
am back to how i usually ride.

As such i was wondering if it would be better to got a book a lesson
and see what the instructor thought ...

any ideas.
Old November 13th 03, 08:07 PM
Tim Sampson

Graham wrote:
I havent been snowboarding since feb when i spent 2weeks in slovinga,
before that i spent 2 weeks in andorra. I was one of those lucky ppl
who had a mis spent youth skating and so i took me a day and a half in
andoarra to learn to link turn (lucky me but you would belive the
amount of pain i was in... never say die !) ..

anyways there is a new indoor snowdome near to me so i figured i
should go before i go to tignes next year thing is they have this
minimum standard thingy for riding the slope and as i havent been on
the snow since feb i know it might take me a good hour or so before i
am back to how i usually ride.

As such i was wondering if it would be better to got a book a lesson
and see what the instructor thought ...

any ideas.

Hi Graham

I posted a response to this, but it only seems to appear on my PC... weird!

I was worried about the same thing but I went to Xscape and fell a couple of
times on my first run but after that I was off. I was actually doing better
on the fake real snow than I did on the icy stuff in Norway.

Judging by the woman learning to sky on the main slope, they weren't that
strict about the rules anyway.

What is this new slope you are talking about?

Cheers
Tim

Old November 14th 03, 12:52 PM
Graham

Well just got back from Xscape in Castleford went to the fresh trax
session .... and.. well got up the lift fine strapped in .... and it
was like i hadnt been away .. had a great session even improved by
butters only feel once because i was going to fast to 180 ...

trouble is now i just want ot go back to xscape ... why does work have
to get in the way LOL

Thanks
Graham
Old November 14th 03, 07:09 PM
Tim Sampson

Graham wrote:
Well just got back from Xscape in Castleford went to the fresh trax
session .... and.. well got up the lift fine strapped in .... and it
was like i hadnt been away .. had a great session even improved by
butters only feel once because i was going to fast to 180 ...

Improved by butters?

trouble is now i just want ot go back to xscape ... why does work have
to get in the way LOL

I soon got board of going down the little slope at MK and started hankering
after the jumps and rails. I don't feel ready for those yet though. Roll on
Christmas where I will be doing a whole day on the slopes for £15 rather
than 1 hour.

Cheers
Tim