Snowboarding gloves

Old July 16th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Chris[_2_]

Default Snowboarding gloves

On Jul 11, 4:25 am, Spark wrote:
Chris;
I've owned the Level Biomex Gloves (they come in 3 or 4 different
styles) for 3 years now and can't recommend them highly enough.
Extremely comfortable and THEY WORK! The Burtons don't even come close
from a design standpoint. Level's Biomex design is truely unique and
effective. Unlike wearing wrist guards, you don't even know the
protection is there until you fall. As for protection from cold. I
have never had a problem with my hands getting cold. They have a
GoreTex shell with a fleece glove. I snowboard mainly in Mammoth
Mountain in Central California. Temps range from 10 - 50 Farenheit, so
I haven't had them in sub zero conditions, but I believe they would
hold up well. Think of it this way, it isn't going to matter how good
your gloves are if your wrist is broken or injured. These gloves are
by far the best protection against the number one injury in
snowboarding.
Just My Humble Opinion,
Mark

Yes I've been really wanting to get Level gloves, particularly the
half-pipe ones with the protection. Unfortunately it is virtually
impossible to get them in Australia (I would gladly pay premium for
postage). The gloves appear to do everything I want them to do and
I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Anyway, I've actually settled and bought Burton AK Guide gloves, I
hope they'll be ok.
Old August 25th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Spark

Yes I've been really wanting to get Level gloves, particularly the
half-pipe ones with the protection. Unfortunately it is virtually
impossible to get them in Australia (I would gladly pay premium for
postage). The gloves appear to do everything I want them to do and
I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Anyway, I've actually settled and bought Burton AK Guide gloves, I
hope they'll be ok.- Hide quoted text -

I'm convinced that the ONLY way to get on the hill is with wrist
protection. I've got a good friend who works at Mammoth Mountain
Hospital and tells me that they see 10 - 20 broken wrists on a given
Saturday or Sunday. Wrist injuries are the number 1 injury in the
sport but only 10% of snowboarders wear them. Beginners of course are
particularly susceptible and IMO shouldn't be allowed on the mountain
without wrist guards and a helmet. That said, even the most
experienced of us can take a fall especially when we are trying
something new.
As for what type of wrist protection you should wear. It's a choice
between the glove over a standard wrist guard like the one Dakine
makes (http://www.evogear.com/armor/dakine-wrist-guards.aspx) .Or a
glove that has a wrist guard built in. I've tried half a dozen
different makes of gloves with built in wrist guards and they vary
from incredibly bad (just a straight piece of plastic) to outstanding
(see my previous post about Level Biomex). I understand from further
research, there is another brand called Flexmeter which I haven't
tried, that has a very high approval http://www.snowboardsecrets.com/flexmeter.htm
.. The standard wrist guards work great except there is a chance for an
ugly break right where the wrist guard ends on the forearm (see the
picture on http://www.ski-injury.com/prevention/wrist_guards ). There
is some great info on wrist injuries and their prevention on
http://www.ski-injury.com/prevention/wrist_guards and
http://www.ski-injury.com/specific-injuries/wrist .
One more comment. I know a lot of people are hesitant to buy gloves
online. That is completely understandable. I will say that I've bought
4 pair of Level Biomex gloves online (me and my kids plus a spare
pair) and their sizing system works perfectly. All you do is measure
the circumfrence of your palm (in inches, sorry the rest of the world,
we are still backasswards) and use that measurement ie. 8.5 inches =
size 8.5 to order the gloves. Here's a link http://www.snowshack.com/brand/level#readmore
.. I just checked snowshack's site and they do ship international.
Mark

Old September 11th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

On Aug 25, 11:12 am, Spark wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure about which type to get, I am a new boarder myself... I
did just find a hella cool website that sells sample gear so it's dirt
cheap. Like I said, I'm still pretty new into this whole snowboarding
thing so it's rad for me cause i can get sick gear for cheaper... it's
a pretty good way to test out different brands to see what works best
for you without breaking the bank. www.theridgeoutlet.com. Hope that
helps!

gloves Paul Kelly European Ski Resorts 1 February 6th 08 01:26 PM
Roller Ski Pole Grip with Toko Gloves (unpadded suede) versus Padded Bike Gloves [email protected] Nordic Skiing 8 May 1st 07 02:03 PM
FA: Columbia men's ski pants, Nike ACG gloves, Kombi Weatherguard gloves [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 23rd 05 05:34 AM
Leki gloves Joe Hunt European Ski Resorts 1 January 9th 05 09:12 PM
Level Gloves pyrman Snowboarding 0 August 9th 03 03:24 PM