accomadation in ischgl

Old August 9th 03, 04:13 PM
steve

Default accomadation in ischgl

I am planning a holiday to Ischgl and would like any info on accommadation
I am planning to drive and so am intrested in private, b&b or hotels.
We will be a party of 4.
I look forward to your help.
Old August 12th 03, 12:16 PM
Iain Miller

"steve" wrote in message
om...
I am planning a holiday to Ischgl and would like any info on accommadation
I am planning to drive and so am intrested in private, b&b or hotels.
We will be a party of 4.
I look forward to your help.

We stayed in Mathon (twice!) last year which is about 3 or 4 miles up the
valley from Ischgl itself - pretty basic but comfortable & more than
adequate. There is a Skibus that you can catch to get to & from or
alternatively there are big carparks opposite the main lift station & you
can just drive down - takes about 5 minutes max. Excellent resort from a
Skiing point of view I thought. Depending on when you are going you might
investigate flying to Zurich, hiring a car & driving across (about 3 hours).
The second time we did it via Munich which was maybe a 4 hour drive. I
didn't think there was much in it price wise if you are only going for a
week by the time you take into account the full cost of driving - depends on
whether the car is yours or a company car. If you are going for 2 weeks then
its probably cheaper to drive.

A couple of pointers - Take cash to pay for your lift passes, they don't
take plastic & they'll charge you for using traveller's cheques (in fact T
cheques are next to useless in Austria). If you need to hire any gear then
go & see Gundo at the Sport Salner - top bloke - just up the hill to the
left from the main square.

Try www.tiscover.com/ischgl - very slow website but you should find plenty
of stuff in there.

hope that helps