Interesting Ski backpack

Old October 30th 03, 07:52 PM

Default Interesting Ski backpack

Old October 30th 03, 11:10 PM
Ed Huesers

lac.stanford.edu
wrote:
_ While poking around at the Hagan web site I found this
http://www.backtools.de
A very cool idea, I wonder how well it works in practice
and how heavy it is.

I don't think I'd want to be bent over like that when trying to save
a buds life. Personally, I'd go with a metal blade also.

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Old October 30th 03, 11:25 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:10:43 -0800, Ed Huesers
wrote:

bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Oct.30.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:
_ While poking around at the Hagan web site I found this
http://www.backtools.de
A very cool idea, I wonder how well it works in practice
and how heavy it is.

I don't think I'd want to be bent over like that when trying to save
a buds life. Personally, I'd go with a metal blade also.

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

It's cute, but I agree with Ed.

I would rather have a real shovel, preferably with a metal blade and
longer handle.

Avvy debris is not soft and fluffy.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old October 31st 03, 12:19 AM

Old October 31st 03, 02:43 AM
Gary S.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:19:55 +0000 (UTC),
bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Oct.30.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:

_ All true, I suspect the shovel is a kind of afterthought
and it does feature a "mobile phone pocket" and will fit
"any laptop". However, since we carry shovels anyway
and skis sometimes, it would be nice to use that nice
stiff shovel to better carry the skis. Even the best
ski carry systems on day trip sized packs suck. You
need a frame to fix the skis away from the body to
do it right.

_ Booker C. Bense

The cell phone and laptop capabilities sound like something that would
be used 99% of the time for urban living by someone who wants to look
extreme and outdoorsy.

Part of the Spring skiing thing at Tucks on Mt. Washington in NH, is
seeing the amazing variety of ways that people have devised to carry
their skis and other gear up from Pinkham.

Some of them work very well, some cause painful laughing.

My winter daypack has a simple frame, and I need to be able to attach
(at various times) fat skis, skinny skis, poles, snowshoes, ice ax,
crampons, pad, and tripod.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Norway birkie backpack question sknyski Nordic Skiing 11 March 1st 04 11:18 PM
backpack advice? peter Alpine Skiing 8 January 30th 04 05:11 PM
Anyone read new SkiTax? Marty Hall say anything interesting? Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 7 January 13th 04 02:44 AM
backpack for snowboard and laptop Ron Eisenberger Snowboarding 2 December 7th 03 10:32 AM
backpack for snowboard and laptop Ron Eisenberger Snowboarding 1 November 30th 03 12:13 PM