XC skiing in Hokkaido Japan?

Old November 7th 15, 05:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default XC skiing in Hokkaido Japan?

I'm looking for somewhere in Japan - ideally in Hokkaido - where I can do some hut-to-hut cross-country skiing with my sons (ages 10 and 7).

Does anyone know if this is possible? (I'm told that the huts in Daisetsuzan might be appropriate.) If so, I'd be grateful for any information.

Thanks,

Colin

On Friday, November 19, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, wrote:
Hello!

We're living in Hokkaido Japan in the small town of Oshamanbe on the
coast between Hokadate and Sapporo. Can anyone recommend any groomed
areas for classic or skating or both around here? I have asked around
here but no one seems to know much about it....

We are not to far away from Niseko Ski Resort but I haven't seen any
advertisements that even mentions XC trails. Has anyone XC skied in
Chitose or Sapporo? How was it?

Any advice or experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Douglas and Lisamarie Hanson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.