A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Nordic Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rollerski up Whiteface mtn NY - where to stay?

Old April 23rd 15, 12:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Rollerski up Whiteface mtn NY - where to stay?

Hi,
I'm thinking about trying to do my own "race to the castle" some time in the summer when I go upstate. Because the road opens to car traffic at 9am, I'd have to show up pretty early to have a shot at making it to the top before then. With just one car and family not too enthused about getting up around 6am to drop me off, ideally we'd stay at a place from where I could roller ski all the way to the parkway. The family would then pick me up at wherever I end up on the mountain. Google shows only a couple of motels in Wilmington, quite a ways from the entrance to the parkway, which in and of itself may not be a problem so long as the pavement is decent. I have the Aeros, but in my experience they are not made for really rough surfaces. So, can anyone recommend a place to stay close to the mountain?
Thanks!
Ads