No More Nordic Norm 75mm?

Old February 5th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Pavel314[_2_]

Default No More Nordic Norm 75mm?

I wanted to get a pair of Nordic Norm 75mm boots for an old pair of
waxless skis that have been idle for many years. The old boots fell
apart after many years of use. I use waxables for long XC trips but
the waxless would be handy for just skiing around the farm after one
of our infrequent snowfalls.

It took several calls but I finally found a store that sold nordic ski
equipment here in Baltimore. The fellow told me that they don't make
Nordic Norm 75mm boots anymore. Is that true?

pli
Old February 6th 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

On Feb 5, 8:50*am, Pavel314 wrote:
I wanted to get a pair of Nordic Norm 75mm boots for an old pair of
waxless skis that have been idle for many years. The old boots fell
apart after many years of use. I use waxables for long XC trips but
the waxless would be handy for just skiing around the farm after one
of our infrequent snowfalls.

It took several calls but I finally found a store that sold nordic ski
equipment here in Baltimore. The fellow told me that they don't make
Nordic Norm 75mm boots anymore. Is that true?

pli

I don't think this is true at all. I read somewhere that 75 is still
the most commonly used/sold binding. Off top of my head it seems that
Whitewoods has a 75 boot. ? --JP
Old February 7th 10, 05:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_2_]

Pavel314 wrote:
I wanted to get a pair of Nordic Norm 75mm boots for an old pair of
waxless skis that have been idle for many years. The old boots fell
apart after many years of use. I use waxables for long XC trips but
the waxless would be handy for just skiing around the farm after one
of our infrequent snowfalls.

It took several calls but I finally found a store that sold nordic ski
equipment here in Baltimore. The fellow told me that they don't make
Nordic Norm 75mm boots anymore. Is that true?

pli

The Whitewoods model is:
Whitewoods 301 Backcountry Touring Ski Boots

Sierra Trading Post used to carry a whole range of sizes, but now they
just have one size left.

http://gearx.com/whitewoods-301-75mm...eed=GoogleBase

seems to have more.

Akers has Alpina boots
http://www.akers-ski.com/Merchant2/m...o de=75mmboot

Old February 7th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Leland Yee[_2_]

On Feb 5, 8:50*am, Pavel314 wrote:
I wanted to get a pair of Nordic Norm 75mm boots for an old pair of
waxless skis that have been idle for many years. The old boots fell
apart after many years of use. I use waxables for long XC trips but
the waxless would be handy for just skiing around the farm after one
of our infrequent snowfalls.

It took several calls but I finally found a store that sold nordic ski
equipment here in Baltimore. The fellow told me that they don't make
Nordic Norm 75mm boots anymore. Is that true?

pli

Aker Ski still carries 75mm boots and bindings. www.akers-ski.com
Leland
Old June 28th 18, 01:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 2:11:24 AM UTC+5, Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:50Â*am, Pavel314 wrote:
I wanted to get a pair of Nordic Norm 75mm boots for an old pair of
waxless skis that have been idle for many years. The old boots fell
apart after many years of use. I use waxables for long XC trips but
the waxless would be handy for just skiing around the farm after one
of our infrequent snowfalls.

It took several calls but I finally found a store that sold nordic ski
equipment here in Baltimore. The fellow told me that they don't make
Nordic Norm 75mm boots anymore. Is that true?

pli

I don't think this is true at all. I read somewhere that 75 is still
the most commonly used/sold binding. Off top of my head it seems that
Whitewoods has a 75 boot. ? --JP

please contact me

Replacement boots for 3-pin (75mm) bindings [email protected] Nordic Skiing 0 December 17th 07 03:14 AM
Repairing nordic norm boots - The holes is getting bigger and bigger Telemark dude Backcountry Skiing 1 March 16th 05 02:55 PM
Is Trapper Norm still around up at Stokely? [email protected] Nordic Skiing 1 January 31st 05 08:37 PM
Nordic Hank Garretson Nordic Skiing 0 February 20th 04 09:31 PM
nordic-ski Mitch Collinsworth Nordic Skiing 3 September 30th 03 08:14 PM