A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Granby Ranch, Colorado?

Old December 30th 16, 01:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Granby Ranch, Colorado?

Report on the news about a woman falling to her death from a chair lift at Granby Ranch, an area I had never heard of before. Anyone know anything about the incident or the resort?
Ads
Old December 30th 16, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 6:27:48 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Report on the news about a woman falling to her death from a chair lift at Granby Ranch, an area I had never heard of before. Anyone know anything about the incident or the resort?

I just read that they fell off. 20'. Sounds bizarre to me. Must have landed on her head or some other kind of freak deal. Oh well. Sucks to be them.
Old December 30th 16, 04:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ted Waldron[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 5:27:48 PM UTC-8, wrote:

It looks like the lift is from the base, and on green slopes. It looks more like a freak accident than a serious concern. It is not like the 1995 Whistler Quicksilver accident, which was a serious mechanical failure..
Old December 31st 16, 09:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 11:04:09 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Granby Ranch is a real estate hill. Had a free ticket and checked it out
several years ago, too damn flat and boring even for me. A waste of nice
detachables.

Squat, I guess by all that, you mean that:

1) Your credit score was too low for you to get the usual "buy our condo" invitation from Granby Ranch.
2) You were unable to hustle a free lift ticket from Granby Ranch, because of (see #1) your unfortunate internet history.
3) The sales team at Granby Ranch, that so-called real estate hill, did not want a sociopath like you ruining sales by bad-mouthing at their customers on the lifts.

Does any of that sound like it might be the truth?

We all recall the story about you, the 10-year-old, and the safety bar.

We all recall your 15+ -year history of polluting this little corner of the internet with your incessant spew.

We all recall how you were temporarily banned from posting to RSA in 1999 -- a low-water mark in the history of the internet.

And day by day, you continue to commit numerous criminal offenses here when you defame users of RSA.

Does any of THAT sound like it might be the truth?

STFU before you self-incriminate.