Family lift pass in Alpe D'huez

Old February 4th 04, 07:01 PM
Séan

Default Family lift pass in Alpe D'huez

Hi all
Can any of you guys fathom the family discount available on lift passes in
Alpe d'Huez

This is a copy of the reply I got (in French) from them
Any french translators out there

"Bonjour
Je ne sais si vous avez eu une réponse, car nous sommes plusieurs à recevoir
ces mails
Tarif famille si 4 pers -50 % sur un forfait soit 3 X 50% =267 euros
Tarif groupe -10 % si 20 pers plus intéressant au global
Un seul paiement et commande à l'avance
Attention on ne pas pas cumuler les 2 réductions et si vous êtes 19 ça ne
marche plus.
Amitiés et bonnes vacances
CM"

I can see the offer a 50% discount but I cannot work out how they apply
it...

Anybody know how its applied or have been to Alpe d'Huez so can feedback
their experience

TIA

Old February 4th 04, 07:21 PM
Greg Hilton

goto www.altavista.com and click translate, not actually sure if it helps!

"Hello I do not know if you had an answer, because we are several to
receive these malls Tarif family if 4 sea-green -50 % on a fixed price are
3 X 50% = 267 Tarif euros groups -10 % if 20 sea-green more interesting
with total the Only one payment and order in advance Attention one not not
to cumulate the 2 reductions and if you are 19 that does not walk more.
Friendships and good holidays CM "

Old February 4th 04, 07:48 PM
Séan

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
goto www.altavista.com and click translate, not actually sure if it helps!

"Hello I do not know if you had an answer, because we are several to
receive these malls Tarif family if 4 sea-green -50 % on a fixed price are
3 X 50% = 267 Tarif euros groups -10 % if 20 sea-green more interesting
with total the Only one payment and order in advance Attention one not not
to cumulate the 2 reductions and if you are 19 that does not walk more.
Friendships and good holidays CM "

Thanks.. I tried http://ets.freetranslation.com/
and just like the altavista translation, the grammar is a bit skewiff...

I think it needs a human translation to make sense of it....
damo

Old February 4th 04, 09:06 PM
PG

"Séan" DamoRemoveMyPanats@toEmailMe wrote in message
| Hi all
| Can any of you guys fathom the family discount available on lift
passes in
| Alpe d'Huez
|
| This is a copy of the reply I got (in French) from them
| Any french translators out there
|
| "Bonjour
| Je ne sais si vous avez eu une réponse, car nous sommes plusieurs à
recevoir
| ces mails
| Tarif famille si 4 pers -50 % sur un forfait soit 3 X 50% =267 euros

The family 50% discount (minimum of 4 people) applies for the 4th, 5th,
6th etc person, ie 3 full rate plus 50% for the remainder?

| Tarif groupe -10 % si 20 pers plus intéressant au global
| Un seul paiement et commande à l'avance
| Attention on ne pas pas cumuler les 2 réductions et si vous êtes 19 ça
ne
| marche plus.

10% global discount for groups minimum 20 people?

| Amitiés et bonnes vacances
| CM"
|
| I can see the offer a 50% discount but I cannot work out how they
apply
| it...
|
| Anybody know how its applied or have been to Alpe d'Huez so can
feedback
| their experience

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

Old February 4th 04, 09:07 PM
John Red-Horse

In article ,
[...]

I'm not a French translator, but I'll take a crack at answering your
question:

The family discount applies to all members after one pays full fare. Their
example states that for a family of four, one pays full fare and the other
three are computed at 50% off.

They also seem to outline a group deal for groups of size greater than or
equal to 20 (10% off for each). Finally, they state that one cannot add
the discounts, and that they are strict about the minimum group size.

cheers,
john
Old February 4th 04, 09:49 PM
Roger deLux

[...]

OK - let me have a go too. I thought I understood French and Maths
reasonably well until I read your message. Now, I'm not sure about either!

In fact, I've had a look at the Alpe d'Huez website and extracted the
following explanation of the family tariff:

"Famille : 50 % de réduction pour les séjours sur le 4e forfait, 5`...
Conditions d'obtention : Acheter au moins 4 forfaits ski alpin séjour VISALP
d'une même durée (5 jours mini.), hors gratuité (- 5 ans, + 70 ans), être
membre d'une même famille : parents + enfants de - 20 ans. Présentation de
pièces justificatives Ilivret de famille, carte de Sécurité Sociale ou carte
de réduction SNCF). La réduction de 50 % s'applique sur le tarif le plus
élevé. "

This says that there is a 50% discount on the 4th and subsequent passes.
The conditions are that you must buy 4 passes of the same duration (minimum
of 5 days) and excluding free passes issued to under 5s and over 70s. You
must all be members of the same family and must provide identification to
prove it. The pieces of identification mentioned are all French and so you
will not have them. I assume they will accept passports but it's not
specific. Finally, the 50% reduction applies to the highest priced passes.

Now, I think I'm accurate on all that and I can even interpret most of that
into the response you received. But I cannot understand where the figure of
267 euros comes from.

Have a look at http://www.alpedhuez.com/index_fr.htm. Click on Ski and then
"Forfaits de ski". It's all in French (the English links seem not to exist)
but the prices are fairly clear.

Good luck. Oh,and by the way, I'm assuming it's only the family pass you're
interested in. The group pass (for 20+ people) is separate and must be
ordered in advance.

Roger

Old February 4th 04, 09:59 PM
AndyP

[...]

Your discount for a family of four is 267 euros. Assuming you enquired
about a ski pass for 6 days this is made up by three lots (the additional
members of the family) of a 50% discount on the normal adult rate of 178.5
euros (3 x 89.25) = 267(.75) euros. So the actual total cost would be 447
euros (4*178.5 - 267).

Seems you need to book and pay in advance.

Can also check this out at http://www.alpedhuez.com/index.htm (but the
english section doesn't appear to be full working. Follow Ski/Forfaits de
ski and scroll down a bit - gives a table of all the prices and reductions.

Cheers.

Old February 4th 04, 10:10 PM
PG

"John Red-Horse" wrote in message
| In article ,
| DamoRemoveMyPanats@toEmailMe wrote:
| Hi all
| Can any of you guys fathom the family discount available on lift
passes in
| Alpe d'Huez
|
| This is a copy of the reply I got (in French) from them
| Any french translators out there
|
| "Bonjour
| Je ne sais si vous avez eu une réponse, car nous sommes plusieurs à
recevoir
| ces mails
| Tarif famille si 4 pers -50 % sur un forfait soit 3 X 50% =267 euros
| Tarif groupe -10 % si 20 pers plus intéressant au global
| Un seul paiement et commande à l'avance
| Attention on ne pas pas cumuler les 2 réductions et si vous êtes 19
ça ne
| marche plus.
| Amitiés et bonnes vacances
| CM"
|
| I can see the offer a 50% discount but I cannot work out how they
apply
| it...
|
| I'm not a French translator, but I'll take a crack at answering your
| question:
|
| The family discount applies to all members after one pays full fare.
Their
| example states that for a family of four, one pays full fare and the
other
| three are computed at 50% off.

The original is misleading hence your reply, but the discount doesn't
apply to the first 3. Perhaps in this case it's a group of 6, in which
case nos. 4, 5 & 6 would be half-price....

Pete

Old February 4th 04, 10:19 PM
PG

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
| goto www.altavista.com and click translate, not actually sure if it
helps!

| "Hello I do not know if you had an answer, because we are several to
| receive these malls Tarif family if 4 sea-green -50 % on a fixed price
are
| 3 X 50% = 267 Tarif euros groups -10 % if 20 sea-green more
interesting
| with total the Only one payment and order in advance Attention one not
not
| to cumulate the 2 reductions and if you are 19 that does not walk
more.
| Friendships and good holidays CM "

Good to see we translators have still got jobs for a while....
Friendships,
Pete
:°)
www.skiclublesarcs.com