roller skiis

Old October 20th 11, 11:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default roller skiis

Hello there

Are the roller skis still available and if so what kind of shape are
they in, wheels bearing etc.
We are rebuilding our ski program here and looking for anything that
may help

Thanks
Jeff
Old October 20th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Any number of ski shops and other sites can be of help. For example:
- rollerskishop.com (word on their skates is good)
- finnsisu.com (Marwe, which are very good)
- gearwest.com
- jenex.com
and lots of others

If you're looking for used, find some swaps, watch the classifieds at
skinnyski.com and perhaps other club sites (NENSA). Perhaps someone
else will have contacts for group deals. Also contact some of the
other clubs to see what they've done.

Gene

Old October 24th 11, 03:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

wrote:
Hello there

Are the roller skis still available and if so what kind of shape are
they in, wheels bearing etc.
We are rebuilding our ski program here and looking for anything that
may help

Thanks
Jeff

"start" rollerskis (yellow frame/wheels) are generally more affordable
than other brands, and are very robust. The Russian national team uses
them for training and racing. I remember buying them in Europe for ~
$120.00.
Old October 26th 11, 01:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Oct 20, 7:48*am, wrote:
Hello there

Are the roller skis still available and if so what kind of shape are
they in, wheels bearing etc.
We are rebuilding our ski program here and looking for anything that
may help

Thanks
Jeff

Check out my skis at www.NiflheimNordic.com
I have both skate and classic skis based on the same design, that are
really geared toward ski programs. Low cost, speed reducers on all of
them, and able to take abuse.
Skate skis are $145, classic are $199.

Ed Despard
Old October 26th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 06:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

On Oct 20, 7:48*am, wrote:
Hello there

Are the roller skis still available and if so what kind of shape are
they in, wheels bearing etc.
We are rebuilding our ski program here and looking for anything that
may help

Thanks
Jeff

Check out my skis at
www.NiflheimNordic.com
I have both skate and classic skis based on the same design, that are
really geared toward ski programs. Low cost, speed reducers on all of
them, and able to take abuse.
Skate skis are $145, classic are $199.

Had forgotten about you among the choices. Too bad there aren't many
longer classical skis for those of us tall with with more length below
the waist (vs. a common Northern European build that's the opposite. I
use Marwe combis with the extensions, which makes them ~825mm, but a
speed reducer would do a lot to widen my terrain and technique
range beyond double poling.

Gene
Old October 26th 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I've considered doing a 650mm skate ski, and a 750mm classic ski, both
of which would be 50mm longer than my current models.
The problem is that with the skate, I've only really found about 10
instances where it would make a difference, not enough to make it
worth stocking another design. With the classic, I start to worry
about shaft strength and fatigue, especially as it would be heavier
people wanting the longer skis.

For those of you in NY who would like to see/try the skis, I will be
at the HFL ski swap, and would love to talk more about them.

Ed