Roller Ski's For Bigger People

Old July 25th 03, 02:34 PM
David Uzzell

Default Roller Ski's For Bigger People

It may have been asked for but as I have just found this news group!

I was wonder what people would recommend as RollerSki's for the larger
of us?

Thanks
David Uzzell

Old July 25th 03, 09:38 PM
Lars

many rollerskis with special flexible cores are for "up to 80kg".
But some straight basic aluminum classic or skate are very good anyway.
I have SWENOR Tristar classic. very good.

Old July 26th 03, 01:54 PM
Philip Nelson

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:34:24 +0000, David Uzzell wrote:

It may have been asked for but as I have just found this news group!

I was wonder what people would recommend as RollerSki's for the larger
of us?

How big? I have used Pro-skis and v2 900 series skis over the last ten
years and haven't weighed less than 225 for the last 25 years.

I'm kind of curious about the high end too. Since roller skiing is a
great low impact sport, assuming you don't fall anyway, many overweight
people, or large people like football players, could benefit from it. Not
sure the equipment can hold up though.
Old July 27th 03, 01:35 AM
Gary Jacobson

I weigh about 205 lbs and use Jenex stuff and never broke shafts.
They can make skis with heavy duty shafts I've been told.
Also used many other roller skis in the past, and most recently Marwe 610's.
No problem with those either.
I went through a lot of roller skis in the '80's though.

GJ

news

Old July 28th 03, 12:57 AM
Serge

I was told that convex (bent up) rollerski is made for bigger
(more than 190lb) people. It gives more kick.

I donot know what it means, but here is the website with rollerskis
that are sraight, convex and concave.

http://www.rolskitotaal.nl/Pagina%27...Onderdelen.htm