Help keep this group rubbish free

Old November 9th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

Default Help keep this group rubbish free

I think we are pretty lucky as a group as we don't tend to get too
much unwanted rubbish. Would encourage everyone to report any spam
posted here - quite simple if you have not done this before and it
only takes 2 secs. Open the msg in question click on more options and
then on report.

Cheer-up it's Friday and snowing out there!

Old November 9th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alan Clifford

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, French_Skier wrote:

F I think we are pretty lucky as a group as we don't tend to get too
F much unwanted rubbish. Would encourage everyone to report any spam
F posted here - quite simple if you have not done this before and it
F only takes 2 secs. Open the msg in question click on more options and
F then on report.

Report to whom? This is an unmoderated, usenet newsgroup.

--
Alan

( If replying by mail, please note that all "sardines" are canned.
However, unless this a very old message, a "tuna" will swim right
through. )

Old November 10th 07, 09:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Not everyone uses google groups I'm afraid

Old November 10th 07, 10:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

On Nov 10, 10:23 am, wrote:
Not everyone uses google groups I'm afraid

Good point that I had missed! Those using google groups can do so.
Will certainly do myself.

Old November 10th 07, 10:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_2_]

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 02:23:08 -0800, squeezed out
the following:

Not everyone uses google groups I'm afraid

Not everyone can remember what was in the post to which you are
replying - better to leave a little in as I have done.

--
Colin Irvine
Old November 10th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alan Clifford

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, French_Skier wrote:

F On Nov 10, 10:23 am, wrote:
F Not everyone uses google groups I'm afraid
F Good point that I had missed! Those using google groups can do so.
F Will certainly do myself.

As your posts are off-topic for this newsgroup, one assumes that you have
already reported yourself.

Old November 12th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:29:06 -0800, French_Skier
wrote:

On Nov 10, 10:23 am, wrote:
Not everyone uses google groups I'm afraid

Good point that I had missed! Those using google groups can do so.
Will certainly do myself.

I really don't see how google can pretend to manage abuse of open
usenet. I've just had a look at their 'abuse' screen, and it contains
the following options:

- This post is spam.
- This post contains adult content.
- This post contains unauthorized copyrighted content.
- This post contains false or defamatory content.
- This post contains illegal content.
- Other.

My response to this is:
- I can't see that they can really do anything about spam.
- I don't see *why* they should be allowed to care about adult
content.
- Do they have a team of lawyers checking copyright?
- Do they have a team of libel lawyers on standby?
- Which country's laws are they going to use as a test of legality.

It all seems like ******** to me.

--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk
Old November 12th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Charles Sweeney

French_Skier wrote

On Nov 10, 10:23 am, wrote:
Not everyone uses google groups I'm afraid

Good point that I had missed! Those using google groups can do so.
Will certainly do myself.

Save your time.

--
Charles Sweeney