Scheffau

Old October 28th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mister Niceguy

Default Scheffau

I notice that Scheffau packages are being offered at large discounts. Any
particular reason? I see it's low. Bad snow record perhaps?
Old November 4th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith

Scheffau is in the heart of Ski Welt. Although the best and longest ski runs
are typically the valley runs, most intermediate skiers spend all their time
in the snow bowls. Scheffau has the best quality and most reliable snow in
Ski Welt. Don't be put off by its altitude. Like all the Tyrol, it gets
bigger queues at weekends due to the proximity of major cntres of
population: Munich is about 1 hour drive away, and at weekends the there is
a major exodus!

Good resort for a holiday. Big connected ski region.

regards, Paul

9...

Old November 6th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mister Niceguy

"PSmith" wrote in
:

Scheffau is in the heart of Ski Welt. Although the best and longest
ski runs are typically the valley runs, most intermediate skiers spend
all their time in the snow bowls. Scheffau has the best quality and
most reliable snow in Ski Welt. Don't be put off by its altitude. Like
all the Tyrol, it gets bigger queues at weekends due to the proximity
of major cntres of population: Munich is about 1 hour drive away, and
at weekends the there is a major exodus!

Good resort for a holiday. Big connected ski region.

regards, Paul

"Mister Niceguy" wrote in message
9...
I notice that Scheffau packages are being offered at large discounts.
Any
particular reason? I see it's low. Bad snow record perhaps?

Thanks Paul. I see a few of the SkiWelt resorts are going for low prices
just now on the www.crystalski.co.uk as is Alpbach and Mayrhofen.
Old November 8th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PSmith[_2_]

[...]

Söll is a popular resort in Ski Welt. There is a free ski bus to take you to
the very nearby lift - rather than walking over the nursery slopes! Scheffau
is in the middle of Ski Welt - closer to the better quality snow. However,
skiing over to Scheffau from Söll is easy. Ellmau has more unreliable snow.
Hopfgarten is all south facing so looses snow very quickly.

Actually I had a week in Söll last season (with crystal). I stayed in the
Bergland - really handy for the lifts, excellent food, short walk into the
centre at night.

regards
Paul

Old November 9th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 21:31:18 -0000, "PSmith"
paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

"Mister Niceguy" wrote in message
19...
"PSmith" wrote in
:

[...]

One thing to bear in mind ts the location of the accomodation in the
resort. The village proper is about half a mile from the lifts but
there are a couple of (good) hotels at the base station.
It's a good ski area and the run down to Scheffau is nice.
Enjoy.
Old November 10th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mister Niceguy

wrote in
news
On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 21:31:18 -0000, "PSmith"
paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

"Mister Niceguy" wrote in message
. 119...
"PSmith" wrote in

[...]