Morzine....

Old October 13th 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

Default Morzine....

Any recommendations for the (greater) ski area?

Old October 13th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Le Dieu

" cupra" wrote in message
Any recommendations for the (greater) ski area?

Really liked Morzine, couldn't believe the extent of the skiing available.
Avoriaz often has the best snow of the area and I seem to remember a snow
park there. The best skiing we had was in the area between Morzine and Les
Gets which has enough to keep you occupied for several days.

A. Dieu.

Old October 13th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Any recommendations for the (greater) ski area?

Really liked Morzine, couldn't believe the extent of the skiing
available. Avoriaz often has the best snow of the area and I seem to
remember a snow park there. The best skiing we had was in the area
between Morzine and Les Gets which has enough to keep you occupied
for several days.

What's the nightlife like? Ta

Old October 14th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Le Dieu

" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Any recommendations for the (greater) ski area?

Really liked Morzine, couldn't believe the extent of the skiing
available. Avoriaz often has the best snow of the area and I seem to
remember a snow park there. The best skiing we had was in the area
between Morzine and Les Gets which has enough to keep you occupied
for several days.

What's the nightlife like? Ta

Very good in central Morzine. Can't remember any names though. It's not too
big an area, two main drags iirc.

A. Dieu.

Old October 19th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Wilson

You can't go wrong by having a couple of apres ski drinks at the Bhudda
Bar - Great decor and relaxed atmosphere. For a night out there's the Coyote
bar, Dixie, Crepuscle and a great Irish bar who's name I forget.

There are also more, little-known, bars down some of the side streets that
are a bit more french and worth having a potter about for.

I love Morzine, it's a great resort with plenty of skiing and a less snooty
atmosphere than some resorts. The one slight downside is that there seem to
be a few more "Ra-Ra Gap-Yah" kids there as the years go on. You know the
types; rugger tops with the collars turned up, Sloany girls. Just sit back
and chuckle is the best bet!

Skiing-wise, Morzine is quite low and can occasionally suffer in early/late
season but then Avoriaz is easy to get to and (with the benefit of another
800m altitude) is pretty snow-sure. I went there just before xmas last year
and Morzine/Les Gets was meadow but I still got to ski the fastest I've ever
skied up at Avoriaz. Probably going back there late feb - early march.

Honestly, go and you'll have a great time!

Cheers,

Ian.

Old October 20th 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Excess

What's the nightlife like? Ta

If you do decide to go to Morzine, The restaurant to try is La
Chamade. I have friends who come all the way from Sixt-fer-a-Cheval
(1/2 hour away) to go there. Pork is the speciality but the veal is
excellent too I am told.
Morzine is with Megeve probably one of the best ski resort of the
Haute-Savoie for restaurants so plenty of choice.

http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/morzine.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk

Old October 20th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

Excess wrote:
What's the nightlife like? Ta

If you do decide to go to Morzine, The restaurant to try is La
Chamade. I have friends who come all the way from Sixt-fer-a-Cheval
(1/2 hour away) to go there. Pork is the speciality but the veal is
excellent too I am told.
Morzine is with Megeve probably one of the best ski resort of the
Haute-Savoie for restaurants so plenty of choice.

Thanks - will look out for it!

Old October 25th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mister Niceguy

"Ian Wilson" wrote in
news
[...]

It hasn't changed since I was there 20 years ago by the sounds of it.

And when I was there snow was hard to come by. Nothing at Morzine and
packed ice at the top of the cable car (bit like Scotland ha ha). As
usual with these sorts of holidays a few inches of snow fell the last
night :-(