wrist protection advice

Old December 27th 05, 05:01 AM

Need someone to be down the hill first, setup, then I can go.
What's so hard about figuring out the move? It's like I described, a
slidy 360 smack dab in the middle of a carving arc, usually done at the
bottom of the arc just before heading back up the hill.
Try it, it's surprisingly easy and you won't get hurt if you don't
hit anything.

Old December 29th 05, 05:31 AM

Sorry about that....
I missed on the 360 on post 17, but did allude to it on 19.
Still outta whack, I haven't gone up yet with all this rain in the
Sierras and not a whole lotta snow.
Facing my first year since '93 without shop emp passes or season
tickets, I'm freakin!

Old January 1st 06, 12:53 AM

NoGomers are still being sold by AuClair Sports (bought the technology
from the inventors) here's a link:

http://www.reliableracing.com/detail...&category=3000

It's cheaper now as well!
--Arvin

Dan C. wrote:
Hello,
I need suggestions about which brand of wrist protection to purchase. I
have reviewed all of the old postings (from about four years ago) on
this newsgroup, but things have changed since then. The once-popular
No-Gomer wrist guards no longer seem to be available anywhere, and I
was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about the best brands
available today.

I have seen the Dakine wrist guards on sale, but from what I have read,
it is not a good idea to get short and stiff wrist guards like those
used by skateboarders, and the Dakine ones seem to be too short and
stiff.

Other brands available today include R.E.D., Seirus, and Biomex. Has
anyone ever tried these brands?

The website http://www.ski-injury.com/wrist.htm gives an analysis of
snowboarding wrist injuries, and recommends the Flexmeter wrist guards
(http://www.skimeter.com/ang/flex/eng_flexmeter.php). Has anyone ever
tried or heard about these wrist guards?

I have been researching this for about four weeks to no avail, so
anyone's insight is more than welcome.

Thanks,
Dan C.

Old January 14th 06, 08:01 AM

I never wore wrist guards when I was learning, and instead trained
myself to fall on fists or to just pull my arms into my body and absorb
the impact with greater surface area. However, I recently had an
accident where I basically did a cartwheel and ended up rolling my left
wrist and hurting my right one. I seriously though I fractured my left
wrist at the time though. Went out the next day to buy wrist guards.
Got some from Pro-Tect which I found at my local boardshop. Safer
Sorry.

Good advice on the Internet :) Lisa Horton Alpine Skiing 74 May 29th 04 10:41 PM
equipment advice Daviescs Backcountry Skiing 1 February 1st 04 07:19 PM
Couple of questions (pants, gloves, wrist injury, half pipe). MP Snowboarding 7 January 25th 04 09:17 AM
Wrist protection Bo Lind Snowboarding 8 January 1st 04 10:42 PM
Burton Gloves with wrist protection Savage Snowboarding 4 December 21st 03 10:40 PM