Burton fish review

Old December 26th 04, 09:45 PM

Default Burton fish review

just got one, very pleased:
http://interestingtimes.net/chamonix...opic.php?p=164

Old December 27th 04, 04:27 AM
Jason Medeiros

wrote in message
oups.com...
just got one, very pleased:
http://interestingtimes.net/chamonix...opic.php?p=164

nice. thanks for the review.
i took the option northshore 59/burton missions 05 out for a spin the other
day. had mostly groomers then i hiked for a bit of consolidated wind blown
pow.

the northshore is extremely quick edge to edge and also really carves out a
huge turn. on the groomers, i was laying out big carves and i felt like i
was riding a much bigger board, as the edge went in and held its own for as
long as i wanted - probably due to the pintail action. the sidecut didn't
seem to want to pull me out of the turn, which i see as a good thing. the
board is very fast and felt stable at speed, though i wasn't riding in crud
conditions.

it looks like we're getting ready for another snow and i'll hopefully get to
try the northshore in the pow this week. i'm pretty excited about this
board, as i've been riding various bigger boards (164+) for several years
and if this one floats in the deep, i might be able to effectively downsize
and still enjoy myself.

more later.

--

jmed

Old January 3rd 05, 03:59 AM

Boyd Morrison wrote:
Jason Ross wrote:

In article , Boyd Morrison
wrote:

So Burton say Ride a fish that is shorter than your freeride

board

Do you agree ? would you go the same size or bigger for extra

float?
is it simply not needed?

For right now, there's no choice to be made. You can only get a

Fish
in a 156. It definitely floats better than your average 156. My
normal freeride board size is 162. I think there are going to be

more
sizes in the Fish next year, but I'd still be looking for the 156
personally.

Jason

I'de probably go bigger just because I think I would get better

stability
at speed
I took a small board out a week or so ago , when I got up to the

40mph
mark it was twitching about abit too much for me.

Old January 6th 05, 11:37 AM
Champ

On 26 Dec 2004 13:45:32 -0800, wrote:

just got one, very pleased:
http://interestingtimes.net/chamonix...opic.php?p=164

I've been riding one for 3 years. Just had best part of 100 inches of
fresh snow at Kirkwood and it rocked :-)
--
Champ
Old January 7th 05, 10:23 AM
Champ

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:44:08 GMT, "ttalb"
wrote:

"Champ" wrote in message
.. .
On 26 Dec 2004 13:45:32 -0800, wrote:

just got one, very pleased:
http://interestingtimes.net/chamonix...opic.php?p=164

I've been riding one for 3 years. Just had best part of 100 inches of
fresh snow at Kirkwood and it rocked :-)

Was out in Utah last week (Park City Mountain and Solitude) with lots of
fresh powder. Great board. Floats really well. Easy to turn on soft snow,
harder on hardpack/ice. With binding holes offset to the back, didn't ever
nose dive. Great in the trees as well.

Yeah - really enjoy mine in the trees - the short length makes it very
manageable. I must say tho that I really enjoy it on hardpack - it
holds an edge beautifully on well groomed snow.

--
Champ