Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

Old January 16th 04, 08:22 AM
BrritSki

Default Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

Jason Watkins wrote:

Please don't generalize about "Americans". We're individuals over here
just like everyone else, no alien hive mind controlling us all. We
don't all agree. Some of the sentiments behind the generalizations are
definately common, but don't make the leap of assuming that's how we
all like it here.

Aw come on, any country that could elect the current Gov. of California
must lack a sense of Arnie

Old January 16th 04, 10:35 AM
David Brown :o\)

"MoonMan" wrote in message
just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not funny and it didn't
seem very hostile to me, she was taking the micky out of herself as
well as the pupils.

The whole thing is taking this **** out of the perception of the cool
snowboarding fraternity and, her being one of, gets the blunt of it herself.
It wouldn't have worked without putting down the fat kids and rich parents.
Nowhere in the article did it make the students or parents look stupid, only
herself.
I thought it was well written and quite amusing and should be taken in the
light hearted manner is was meant.

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old January 16th 04, 11:10 AM
David Brown :o\)

"John Sindell" wrote in message
Why am I even bothering, you women are all the same...

LOL )
--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old January 16th 04, 03:38 PM
Si

"Bob Lee" wrote in message
pigo wrote:

People here (US) are so politically correct it makes me sick. They're

for
free speech as long as it agrees with them. They're against pollution

unless
it's from a baby. They want to conserve recources as long as it's not a
recource they need or want.

You think those are indications of "politically correct"? I don't think
it means what you think it means.

Total bull****.

Somewhere in your post, for sure.

By the way, I'm being politically incorrect in my post, can you tell in
what way?

Bob

Was it when you laughed at his spac chariot ( wheelchair ) ?

Si

Old January 16th 04, 04:11 PM
Vern93

In article ,
"WeatherCam" wrote:

Of course, sincere apologies by bracketing Canadians in the North American
generalisation - you do have very fine comedians, and the superb Montreal
commedy festival -

Isn't Norm Macdonald Canadian? He is one of the funniest guys on the
planet! But then again "Buddy Wassisname and the Other Fellers" always
makes me laugh too.

Dave
Old January 16th 04, 04:59 PM
mark

"Mary Malmros" wrote

snip
It is, in part, a management and marketing issue. Parents need to
have their expectations set appropriately when bringing kids to ski
school, and that's not the job of the instructor. Nor is it the
instructor's job to tell parents when their kid is really not ready
for ski school -- not without some backing from management. If
management and marketing are not doing their job properly, an
instructor's life is going to be nonstop hell, because parents will
expect things that you simply can't deliver. And even when things
are managed well, you will have some spectacularly bad days at
work.

snip
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield,
Other days you're the bug.

I wholeheartedly agree that management (and the marketing people) need to
set expectations when they market ski and/or snowoard lessons. Too many ski
school supervisors seem to do what's expedient for them, telling the parent
what they want to hear, promising the moon, and leaving the instructor to
deal with badly matched classes, kids who don't want to ski, or kids who are
just not ready for the ski/snowboard school experience.
--
mark

Old January 16th 04, 05:58 PM
The Real Bev

BrritSki wrote:

Jason Watkins wrote:

Please don't generalize about "Americans". We're individuals over here
just like everyone else, no alien hive mind controlling us all. We
don't all agree. Some of the sentiments behind the generalizations are
definately common, but don't make the leap of assuming that's how we
all like it here.

Aw come on, any country that could elect the current Gov. of California
must lack a sense of Arnie

Here in The Colonies we would use a "groan" instead of a smiley.
Besides, Ahnold roolZ.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 16th 04, 06:18 PM
Jason Watkins

Aw come on, any country that could elect the current Gov. of California
must lack a sense of Arnie

That's california, I had no vote in that election. Besides... they're
all going to have to learn to swim soon enough :P.
Old January 16th 04, 06:49 PM
BrritSki

The Real Bev wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

Jason Watkins wrote:

Please don't generalize about "Americans". We're individuals over here
just like everyone else, no alien hive mind controlling us all. We
don't all agree. Some of the sentiments behind the generalizations are
definately common, but don't make the leap of assuming that's how we
all like it here.

Aw come on, any country that could elect the current Gov. of California
must lack a sense of Arnie

Here in The Colonies we would use a "groan" instead of a smiley.
Besides, Ahnold roolZ.

Is it true that the big sign up in the hills has been changed to
"HOLLVOOD" ?

Snowboard Forums ? Rob Snowboarding 2 December 31st 03 03:58 PM
broken snowboard sporty.zimowe Snowboarding 2 December 3rd 03 04:43 PM
Snowboard Manufacturers and Retail Outlets BarB Snowboarding 2 November 25th 03 02:07 AM
FS: Oxbow snowboard Jacket brand new Craig Corbett Snowboarding 1 October 6th 03 04:08 PM
Is this snowboard too long for me? Gary H Snowboarding 5 September 25th 03 02:44 PM