Heavenly in December?

Old June 14th 05, 01:42 AM
AH

I went this year from the 8th to the 10th of December and there was heaps of
snow on the ground, however it was quite warm for the days I was there..

I think with the lake tahoe resorts it will either be very good or very
bad.. they seem to get huge dumps all at the one time or one after the
other.. that was the case this year and it was very good, however I was told
it could easily go the other way

"Chuck" wrote in message
news:1118759304.8f4baf2f45c26d194aa9de8610f80e16@b ubbanews...
Hi All. Been away for a while but I'm still alive and kickin.

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"

Old June 14th 05, 04:29 PM
Walt

Chuck wrote:
Hi All. Been away for a while but I'm still alive and kickin.

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

How much is # 50 in dollars?

-Walt
Old June 14th 05, 05:04 PM
Chester Bullock

Walt wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Hi All. Been away for a while but I'm still alive and kickin.

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

How much is # 50 in dollars?

$90USD
----------------------
Chester

Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.
Old June 14th 05, 05:47 PM
Chuck

Chester Bullock wrote:
Walt wrote:

Chuck wrote:

Hi All. Been away for a while but I'm still alive and kickin.

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

How much is # 50 in dollars?

$90USD
----------------------
Chester

Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.

Great. Now I know the conversion rate, but what about coverage and
crowds in the 2nd week of December?

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"
Old June 14th 05, 06:53 PM
bdubya

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:47:50 -0400, Chuck
wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:
Walt wrote:

Chuck wrote:

Hi All. Been away for a while but I'm still alive and kickin.

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

How much is # 50 in dollars?

$90USD
----------------------
Chester

Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.

Great. Now I know the conversion rate, but what about coverage and
crowds in the 2nd week of December?

It really depends; December of what year?

b"mister helpful"w
Old June 14th 05, 07:12 PM
lal_truckee

Chuck wrote:
Hi All. Been away for a while but I'm still alive and kickin.

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

Come on guys - give the guy a break.

1) Heavenley area is South Shore - the neighborhood is crowded with
gambling and tourist more than the rest of Tahoe.
2) Heavenly ski hill is likely not crowded until after xmus (# 52 - see;
even I figured it out.)
3) Skiing is usually good to excellent about # 52, although there are
occasional drought years. You can't count on off-piste, tho - takes more
snow than the pistes, plus there's lots of snow-making on some pistes.
4) Heavenley is not known for off-piste so that may not be a problem.
5) Heavenley is basically an intermediate-advanced area with some steep,
not a true test of Tahoe fortitude. But from Heavenly you would have
45min access to Kirkwood.
6) It's a beautiful area even if you sit on your butt during your week.
7) It'd have to be real cheap - roll your own trips is always cheaper
than timeshare IMO - I've never figured out the appeal but my brother
thinks timeshare is great - owns several. But every time we've traveled
on his timeshares it's cost us more than staying in inexpensive lodging
and skiing on our own. YMMV.
8) Have fun, whatever...
Old June 14th 05, 08:01 PM
VtSkier

Chuck wrote:
Hi All. Been away for a while but I'm still alive and kickin.

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

Went there in early December '04. Two days after a rain.
Conditions were superb to this easterner, but we
couldn't ski the trees because on the groomed wasn't
breakable crust.

VtSkier
Old June 14th 05, 08:39 PM
Walt

VtSkier wrote:

... we
couldn't ski the trees because on the groomed wasn't
breakable crust.

Huh?

Did you get that snow condition report from a certain Tahoe-based
freelance ski instructor?

-Walt
Old June 14th 05, 08:59 PM
TexasSkiNut

Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
... we
couldn't ski the trees because on the groomed wasn't
breakable crust.

Huh?

Did you get that snow condition report from a certain Tahoe-based
freelance ski instructor?

"Slush Powder" was much easier to figure out than that sentence.