Newbie

Old January 31st 04, 03:31 PM
Armin Meier

Default Newbie

Hi there

I am quite new to snowbaording.
Does anybody have any hints on the positioning of the bindings?

How to find out the right distance between the bindings?
How to find the right angle of the binding...

Can anybody help me??

thx
armin

http://MindShirts.de - wer nicht vorbeikuckt, ist selbst schuld.

Newsantworten und Mails bitte an "Newsnet @ arminmeier.de".

Old January 31st 04, 10:48 PM
Paul

Hi Armin,

There is a lot of information here already about the question you're
asking. I don't in any way mean to cut your thread short by telling
you to help yourself, just sharing one of the few things I can share
about this topic the others being Dress Appropriately and Mind Your
Thumbs).

One of the big values of doing a search is that you can see the
question you're asking asked in a number of different contexts. Seeing
the different contexts in which people talk about your question is
very, very helpful. You'll find new ideas and new things to search
for. Searching is a virtuous circle! I'm considering things that
wouldn't have occurred to me for years, and while they don't really
apply to me now, I have a different idea of where effort and practice
leads; and I have an appreciation of how the techniques I'm using
today, out of necessity, will in a few years be vices that will hold
me back.

If you access the group through Google Groups or some other search
engine, searching is quite easy.

Here's one link that I bookmarked after searching about binding
positioning.

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~daan/snow/stance.html

Best wishes,

Paul

Old February 2nd 04, 01:01 PM
Edmunde Lee

I am quite new to snowbaording.
Does anybody have any hints on the positioning of the bindings?

How to find out the right distance between the bindings?
How to find the right angle of the binding...

Hints for the positioning of your bindings? It will no doubt change
as your skill level increases, or for what style of riding..

To start with.. I'd recommend finding a somewhat natural stance. If
you've ever done any martial arts, it may come quite natural. a
"Horse stance" is a good start.. feet apart, slightly wider than your
shoulders, knees slightly bent.

This may be over simplifying, but observing your feet positioning when
sliding cross a smooth floor may give you a good starting point.
You're probably already aware if your goofy or regular.. but the
sliding across a floor isn't a bad test for that as well.

I'd say it would be easier, and safer, for you to set your original
binding positons based on what feels more natural to you, as opposed
to "getting used to" a less natural stance.
Old February 2nd 04, 04:31 PM
Switters

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:31:54 GMT, "Armin Meier"
allegedly wrote:

How to find out the right distance between the bindings?

Generally it's the same distance as your knee is from your foot, but it
should be comfortable. You want it wide enough to provide stability but
not so wide that it makes life difficult. Try the "rule" above, or
consult the table in the FAQ 1.06.01 for a general guideline.

How to find the right angle of the binding...

First thing to sort is your stance...
See FAQ 1.06 - What is the right stance (regular or goofy) for me?

Then look at your angles...
See FAQ 1.06.01 - What is the right stance (width and angles) for me?

There's no single rule, and you probably will change. I don't know what
I started on, but soon settled on 27/9, then went to 24/9 for ages
before going to 24/-6 last year.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/

newbie! NikkiG Snowboarding 2 January 21st 04 10:35 PM
Newbie Christian Snowboarding 3 December 25th 03 03:46 PM
Newbie Question Will Snowboarding 3 December 11th 03 10:58 PM
Help for a newbie fanatic Savage Snowboarding 6 November 14th 03 01:59 PM