Travel Zurich airport to Davos by rail?

Old October 17th 04, 10:03 AM
Paul Healy

Default Travel Zurich airport to Davos by rail?

Hello

I'm going to Davos from Zurich airport on 16/01/2005 and returning on
23/01/2005.
Is the Swiss transfer ticket the correct ticket to buy to cover both
journeys?
Do I have to change trains? How long does it take?
Any information would be most appreciated

Paul

Old October 17th 04, 10:09 AM
Simon Brown

Hi,

I think the transfer ticket is best but you don't say how many are in your
group - or are you alone?

http://www.rail.ch/index_e.htm - the train timetable changes sometime in
December and it should be even quicker.

What time does the plane land / leave? Which airline?
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old October 17th 04, 10:27 AM
Paul Healy

Hi Simon, yes just one person travelling alone. Airline is Swiss Air arrive
at Zurich 16:35 and depart 15:35.
Just got a e-mail back from Swiss rail saying timetables change 12/12/2004
and that tickets can only be booked 2 months in advance. Prices:
CHF 118.00 / Swiss Transfer Ticket 2nd class*
CHF 182.00 / Swiss Transfer Ticket 1st class*
CHF 101.00 / Zürich Airport - Davos Platz

Old October 17th 04, 10:31 AM
Simon Brown

Hi,

Good stuff! You'll change at Zürich main station (Zürich HB) and take the
train to Chur but (from memory) will change to the Davos train at Landquart
(15 mins before arriving in Chur). Going back's the reverse procedure oddly
enough.

Maybe - just maybe - the new timetable will have more direct trains from
Chur to the airport via Zürich but I haven't looked. Connections are
guaranteed.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch