Kind of lame ski season!

Old March 23rd 12, 01:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_2_]

Default Kind of lame ski season!

Good thing I went to New Hampshire for a week and spent a lot of time at
Great Glen and Bear Notch! (Bretton Woods was kind of beat though!)
Old March 23rd 12, 03:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

On Mar 22, 9:10*pm, gr wrote:
Good thing I went to New Hampshire for a week and spent a lot of time at
Great Glen and Bear Notch! (Bretton Woods was kind of beat though!)

what they still have solid H2O?
Old March 23rd 12, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_2_]

On 3/22/2012 11:13 PM, runcyclexcski wrote:
On Mar 22, 9:10 pm, wrote:
Good thing I went to New Hampshire for a week and spent a lot of time at
Great Glen and Bear Notch! (Bretton Woods was kind of beat though!)

what they still have solid H2O?

Don't know about now.... went there in the past season (end of Feb.)

Old March 23rd 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Morris Keesan

On Mar 22, 9:10 pm, wrote:
Good thing I went to New Hampshire for a week and spent a lot of time
at
Great Glen and Bear Notch! (Bretton Woods was kind of beat though!)

what they still have solid H2O?

Don't know about now.... went there in the past season (end of Feb.)

Jackson, just east of Bear Notch and south of Great Glen, had skiable
snow, with mostly good-to-excellent conditions, from the end of December
until they closed in mid-March.
Here's what a couple of their trails looked like on
March 7: http://goo.gl/O3D8a and March 14: http://goo.gl/6rTxY
They had rain later last week, and temperatures in the 80s this week,
so anything frozen is unlikely to have survived until now.

I missed the March skiing, because I broke my leg at the end of February,
while going downhill and around a curve a little too fast, in-track on
fresh
snow. If you're going to break a leg, I recommend this as a place to do
it:
the ski patrol was very quick in rescuing me and getting me out to the
closest road intersection where an ambulance could meet us, and Memorial
Hospital in North Conway, being surrounded by ski areas, has lots of
experience dealing with broken bones.
--
Morris Keesan --
Old March 23rd 12, 10:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_2_]

On Mar 22, 9:10 pm, wrote:
[...]

Nice picture.... don't often hear about folks breaking bones while xcing
(I did manage to twist up my knees real bad though... would have healed
faster and been better to break bones). One of the guys I skied with
(kind of a master skier/teacher) just told me this last trip that he now
skis those turns with only one ski in the inside track and the other
out; easier to deal with what shows up.
I am pretty bad in tracks anyway (on curves), so that does work better
for me.
Are you healed up yet?