Salomon Definition Sizing Help

Old December 1st 03, 11:31 PM
Jason Lo

Default Salomon Definition Sizing Help

I'm planning on purchasing a older Salomon Definition model 2002/2003 but new
for around $250 (Is that a good price?) off of the net and am not sure what
size I should go with. I weight around 130 lbs and is about 5"5'... They
(geardirect.com) carries size 156, 152, and 146 and at the moment I'm leaning
towards 152. Is 152 good for my height and weight?

Thanks,

Old December 2nd 03, 01:49 AM
Juan Parra

without much analysis.
yes 152 is good for you.
juani

Old December 3rd 03, 07:17 AM
Arvin Chang

Jason Lo wrote in message .. .
I'm planning on purchasing a older Salomon Definition model 2002/2003 but new
for around $250 (Is that a good price?) off of the net and am not sure what
size I should go with. I weight around 130 lbs and is about 5"5'... They
(geardirect.com) carries size 156, 152, and 146 and at the moment I'm leaning
towards 152. Is 152 good for my height and weight?

Thanks,

Hey Jason. $250 is a good price as that's 50% off the normal list
price. weigh 145 lbs and am 5'8" and owned the 2001/2002 Salomon
Definition 156. While I liked it's edge hold, it was a little too
stiff for me, even though I like stiff board. I'm not sure I would
recommend the board unless you are a very strong and confidant
freerider because the board is very stiff and can be a little unwieldy
at slower speeds (at least that was my impression after a season of
riding). What other boards have you ridden? If you do get the board,
152 should be the right size for you.

==Arvin
Old December 18th 03, 09:26 PM
Mike

Hey Jason

Yeah, I bought the 156 Salomon Definition from geardirect, and it it
very nice (not to mention extremely cheap!) I say buy it, but first a
word of warning -- while they say it is the 02/03 model, it is really
the 01/02 model. Still a very good board though.