Is this a good package deal on Sims equipment?

Old December 18th 03, 08:27 AM
Arnold

Default Is this a good package deal on Sims equipment?

Just got back from Sportmart, they had a midnight madness sale where alot of
stuff in the store was on sale. I got a package deal on a Sims board,
bindings, and boots all for $199 + tax. This is going to be my first trip
out so I don't know how good this stuff is. Here's what I got:

Sims Raider Snowboard (150):
http://www.sportmart.ca/store/2produ...RA2JNTEBJU7HP7

Sims X2 Bindings:
http://www.sportmart.ca/store/2produ...RA2JNTEBJU7HP7

Sims Raider Boots:
http://www.sportmart.ca/store/2produ...RA2JNTEBJU7HP7

How is Sims equipment regarded? Should I return and invest in something
better? Thanks for any help!

Old December 18th 03, 05:01 PM
Jason Watkins

If that snowboard is 150cm, it might be a little short, depending on
your size.

Other than that, I think your first time around you should just go for
cheap gear unless you're a high roller. Until you've gotten through
your first few days on the hill, you probibly won't know what sort of
gear you want. After you've gotten out enough that you're comfortable
cruising the hill, then I think the next best step is to demo some
gear to figure out what you like. Then you can take your time waiting
for good deals, and sell off your old gear on ebay. I actually managed
to sell boots for more than I paid for them once .
Old December 19th 03, 12:07 AM
Jules Agee

Some places offer great deals on rental packages. My tiny local hill
offers a season-long rental pass for about $100. It's really hard to
judge what equipment works for you before you know how to ride. Check
your local hill to see if they offer rental packages before you buy
anything, then come springtime you can take advantage of the great
end-of-the-season sales.

-Jules

--
Jules Agee