looking for accomadation in French Alps

Old September 14th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
@elgy(nati-spam).org.uk

Default looking for accomadation in French Alps

We are planning to take a party of 10 to either Alpe D'Huez or possibly
the Gande Massive in January next season and I am searching for a good
quality 5 bed apartment or chalet. Can any one suggest suitable agencies
etc. where to look. I have looked at the tourist office sites etc and
wondered if there was anything I was missing.

John
Old September 14th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss

" " wrote in
message ...
We are planning to take a party of 10 to either Alpe D'Huez or possibly
the Gande Massive in January next season and I am searching for a good
quality 5 bed apartment or chalet. Can any one suggest suitable agencies
etc. where to look. I have looked at the tourist office sites etc and
wondered if there was anything I was missing.

John

Grand Massif is excellent in many ways: keep an eye on the Flaine Montsoleil
development for new accommodation coming on-stream from Intrawest
Corporation (which IMHO worked out very well in Arc 1950).

RM

Old September 16th 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Grand Massif is excellent in many ways: keep an eye on the Flaine Montsoleil
development for new accommodation coming on-stream from Intrawest
Corporation (which IMHO worked out very well in Arc 1950).

RM

Any ideas about the price range?

Thanks,

Ira

=======================================
Random Ski Link:
Sept 16 2006 - Heli-Ski in Kyrgyzstan
http://www.skikyrgyzstan.com/
=======================================

Old September 16th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss

wrote in message
oups.com...

Grand Massif is excellent in many ways: keep an eye on the Flaine
Montsoleil
development for new accommodation coming on-stream from Intrawest
Corporation (which IMHO worked out very well in Arc 1950).

RM

Any ideas about the price range?

Thanks,

Ira

Looks like we're (as in 'I was') a little premature, since the development
won't be well enough advanced for another year or so :
http://www.holidaypropertysales.co.u...1&mmenu=Flaine
tells you more.

You could consider staying in Samoëns - which is connected by high-speed
gondola to the action. I've done this twice, and have been mightily
impressed with the skiing, the well-kept, non-tacky village and the short
transfer times from e.g. Geneva.

Nice-looking apartments he
http://www.ernalow.co.uk/accommodati...ductid_e_75586

Good hunting,

RM

Old September 25th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Sarah Eggleston

nati-spam wrote:

We are planning to take a party of 10 to either Alpe D'Huez or possibly
the Gande Massive in January next season and I am searching for a good
quality 5 bed apartment or chalet. Can any one suggest suitable agencies
etc. where to look. I have looked at the tourist office sites etc and
wondered if there was anything I was missing.

John

Erna Low cover larger s/c apartments and chalets - I haven't booked with
them (before this year) so can't comment on the quality, but they seem
much better than the regular tour operators over occupancy rates.

http://www.ernalow.co.uk/

-Sarah
Old September 25th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:06:57 +0100, Sarah Eggleston
wrote:

nati-spam wrote:

We are planning to take a party of 10 to either Alpe D'Huez or possibly
the Gande Massive in January next season and I am searching for a good
quality 5 bed apartment or chalet. Can any one suggest suitable agencies
etc. where to look. I have looked at the tourist office sites etc and
wondered if there was anything I was missing.

John

Erna Low cover larger s/c apartments and chalets - I haven't booked with
them (before this year) so can't comment on the quality, but they seem
much better than the regular tour operators over occupancy rates.

http://www.ernalow.co.uk/

I don't know who the Flaine Erna Low rep is this year, but over the
last seven or eight years there's been a good level of continuity,
such that it's always been someone who's already done several seasons
in the resort. They seem to have the whole operation running smoothly
all the time, and their clients always seem very happy.

So on that basis I'd recommend them, but have no actual experience of
their accomodation.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old October 14th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

Try Les Chalets de l'Altiport in Alpe d'Huez (ski-in ski-out)
see http://www.skicollection.co.uk/default.cfm/accom.374
for the Grand Massif see large self-catering chalets on
www.peakretreats.co.uk

Old October 14th 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

You may also find the same Samoens apartments on
http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/default.cfm/loadindex.49 - maybe even
cheaper.
Have been there and they are certainly very good value for money but
the living area in the apartments and chalets is not massive and there
is very not much comfortable seating.

Roger Moss (BINTHISBIT) wrote:
oups.com...