Classic sprints in Trondheim: Simply amazing!

Old March 12th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default Classic sprints in Trondheim: Simply amazing!

I have just watched all the final races from Trondheim, in order to see
if Petter Northug could (for the first time in his life) qualify for the
finals and thereby gains some points in his race to overtake Cologna and
grab the overall world cup trophy.

The swiss racer also hasn't been a classic sprinter, but today he
managed to get the 3rd best qualification time, beaten by Petter by just
0.07 seconds.

I.e. from never getting to the top 30 to 2nd best!

In the quarter finals they both managed to qualify, meeting up in the
semis, where Petter was in the top two and Dario was 0.2 seconds back
but qualified on time.

In the finals Mr Sprint this year, Ola Vigen Hattestad once again showed
his mettle, winning on the final stretch, but Petter was next and the
Dario came 5th.

The difference means that Petter gained 35 points, so about 50 points
separate them before the final events, including a 50k classic mass
start, with 2x25 points for intermediate sprints.

THis will be an exciting finish to the season!

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old March 12th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff and Stephanie Kalember

awesome !! can't wait to see this torrent ... or universalsports.com ??

JKal.

-8C and 100cm of snow out my door.

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

Old March 12th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff and Stephanie Kalember

answering my own question and watching now !!!

http://www.universalsports.com/media...FILE_ID=387770

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

Old March 13th 09, 12:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Henriksen

"Jeff and Stephanie Kalember" skrev i melding
answering my own question and watching now !!!

http://www.universalsports.com/media...FILE_ID=387770

Program unavailable outside the USA.
--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Old March 16th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
anders

On Mar 12, 6:42*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote

I have just watched all the final races from Trondheim, in order to see
if Petter Northug could (for the first time in his life) qualify for the
finals and thereby gains some points in his race to overtake Cologna and
grab the overall world cup trophy.

He did indeed - but I thought this thread would've been about Yuichi
Onda and Masako Ishida (and maybe about their Finno-Austrian service
team):-)

Andeed
Old March 16th 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

anders wrote:
On Mar 12, 6:42 pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote

I have just watched all the final races from Trondheim, in order to see
if Petter Northug could (for the first time in his life) qualify for the
finals and thereby gains some points in his race to overtake Cologna and
grab the overall world cup trophy.

He did indeed - but I thought this thread would've been about Yuichi

No, you didn't. :-)

Onda and Masako Ishida (and maybe about their Finno-Austrian service
team):-)

That was indeed _very_ impressive, I have never before seen skiers from
a small (xc-wise) nation have skis that totally outperformed everyone else.

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no