Whistler Olympics, bankruptcy

Old January 26th 10, 01:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_3_]

Default Whistler Olympics, bankruptcy

I was thinking about going to Whistler, even during the Olympics, as
they claim it won't be that crowded because regular visitors tend to
stay away when an Olympics is on. But now I'm hearing about how
Intrawest is bankrupt, and there could be problems running the resort
during this period. I wouldn't want for instance to go there and find
all the non-Olympics lifts have been shut down due to this fiscal
crisis! Does anybody have any information on this?

Dave
Old January 26th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 26, 7:15*am, Dave Stallard wrote:
I was thinking about going to Whistler, even during the Olympics, as
they claim it won't be that crowded because regular visitors tend to
stay away when an Olympics is on. * But now I'm hearing about how
Intrawest is bankrupt, and there could be problems running the resort
during this period. * I wouldn't want for instance to go there and find
all the non-Olympics lifts have been shut down due to this fiscal
crisis! * *Does anybody have any information on this?

Dave

I can tell you that SLC was great during the Olympics. A small
fraction of the crowd that they tried to convince us there'd be. I'm
not planning on skiing. I have specific events in mind. I'm sure
you'll appreciate why I don't say exactly which ones. Let us know if
your location added to our "warning" list.
Old January 26th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Jan 26, 6:52*am, pigo wrote:
On Jan 26, 7:15*am, Dave Stallard wrote:

I was thinking about going to Whistler, even during the Olympics, as
they claim it won't be that crowded because regular visitors tend to
stay away when an Olympics is on. * But now I'm hearing about how
Intrawest is bankrupt, and there could be problems running the resort
during this period. * I wouldn't want for instance to go there and find
all the non-Olympics lifts have been shut down due to this fiscal
crisis! * *Does anybody have any information on this?

Dave

I can tell you that SLC was great during the Olympics. A small
fraction of the crowd that they tried to convince us there'd be. I'm
not planning on skiing. I have specific events in mind. I'm sure
you'll appreciate why I don't say exactly which ones. Let us know if
your location added to our "warning" list.

Translation: Dickless Bob Thompson is still selling the same
ridiculous, cowardly lie. Mr. Depends Boi is terrified that I'll hunt
him down and bitch slap him. Of course, I'm right up the hill (and
coming down this evening, so HIDE) and the freak sure as hell didn't
let his local LE know about it. Because that could get his deranged
ass prosecuted for making false police reports.
Amazing. The freak sure as hell didn't have the nads to show up at DV
on Friday, and sure as hell didn't tell LE that I had baited this
pathetic coward.....but he's still playing the Olympic game.
Bob, Bob. I'm not going to the Olympics. BTDT. Never said I was
going to the Olympics.
Do you have any idea how pathetic you look playing this insane game?
Especially after not having the nads to show up at not one, but TWO
meets I set in Utah?
Amazing. You freaks are so ****ing dickless.
Old January 26th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_2_]

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:15:31 -0500, Dave Stallard
wrote:

I was thinking about going to Whistler, even during the Olympics, as
they claim it won't be that crowded because regular visitors tend to
stay away when an Olympics is on. But now I'm hearing about how
Intrawest is bankrupt, and there could be problems running the resort
during this period. I wouldn't want for instance to go there and find
all the non-Olympics lifts have been shut down due to this fiscal
crisis! Does anybody have any information on this?

Dave

I think they will have that re-structuring period and will stay open
seeking new financing, enjoy your trip

Intrawest Bankruptcy Dick G[_2_] Alpine Skiing 5 January 22nd 10 04:52 PM
NordiX at the olympics? Chris Cole Nordic Skiing 7 February 27th 06 01:04 PM
Olympics Robert Stevahn Snowboarding 2 February 18th 06 06:02 PM
Olympics: snow when you don't want it Mary Malmros Alpine Skiing (moderated) 1 February 17th 06 11:36 AM
2006 Olympics Bob J Nordic Skiing 3 March 17th 05 07:41 PM