What skis and where to buy in Salt Lake City

Old March 9th 05, 07:06 AM

Default What skis and where to buy in Salt Lake City

I am coming from Europe to SLC on Mar 13 for a ski vacation. I probably
will want to buy new skis. Any advice on where to buy in SLC is highly
appreciated.
Also, I am looking for an advice on what skis and bindings are highly
ranked this year. In particular I'm looking for skis for
off-pistes/crud/powder, with good shock absorption.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Old March 9th 05, 12:36 PM
pigo

Garts Sports Castle seems to have good deals. Alta has an onsite demo
shack where you can try stuff out. It costs though. The Euro is
strong enough that you should get a pretty good deal though.

pigo

ups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 10:06 PM
Chriggity

Get a nice pair of mid fats for Utah

Old March 9th 05, 10:25 PM
pigo

"Chriggity" wrote in message
oups.com...
Get a nice pair of mid fats for Utah

You don't need them for utah. Powder is the easiest thing to ski
here. Any ski that skis anywhere will ski the powder here.

Old March 10th 05, 12:40 AM
lal_truckee

Chriggity wrote:
Get a nice pair of mid fats for Utah

Why? Why? Why?

The guy's coming from Europe - he probably knows how to ski. Why
mid-fats for Utah's light, easy-skiing powder?
Old March 10th 05, 12:48 AM
lal_truckee

Sven Golly wrote:
lal_truckee wrote in news:GANXd.15539$OU1.12989
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Why? Why? Why?

The guy's coming from Europe - he probably knows how to ski. Why
mid-fats for Utah's light, easy-skiing powder?

Because it will be even easier. Besides, Utah ran out of light powder late
last week. All that's left is the industrial strength stuff.

Naw - I don't believe it. I'm going to go do a personal inspection later
in the week. (There seems to be some kind of weather forcast for then.)
Old March 10th 05, 12:53 AM
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
Chriggity wrote:

Get a nice pair of mid fats for Utah

Why? Why? Why?

The guy's coming from Europe - he probably knows how to ski. Why
mid-fats for Utah's light, easy-skiing powder?

Uhm, LAL,
Where have you been lately. Did you drive out to Ootah or
Wyoming like you said you might? Or are you there now?
Missed your wisdom (or something which passes for same)
in a number of threads lately.

VtSkier
Old March 10th 05, 01:11 AM
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

Chriggity wrote:

Get a nice pair of mid fats for Utah

Why? Why? Why?

The guy's coming from Europe - he probably knows how to ski. Why
mid-fats for Utah's light, easy-skiing powder?

Uhm, LAL,
Where have you been lately. Did you drive out to Ootah or
Wyoming like you said you might? Or are you there now?
Missed your wisdom (or something which passes for same)
in a number of threads lately.

Jackson - more in new thread...
Old March 10th 05, 07:34 AM
rosco

Chriggity wrote:

Get a nice pair of mid fats for Utah

I just demoed the K2 Apache. Great all around ski. I was skiing crud
like it was freshies. I would have gotten it for 250 if it didn't ski
so similar to my Dynastars. Try the demo shops as they are getting rid
of this year's stuff for cheap right now.

RAC

Old March 10th 05, 07:40 AM
rosco

lal_truckee wrote:

Sven Golly wrote:

lal_truckee wrote in news:GANXd.15539$OU1.12989
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Why? Why? Why?

The guy's coming from Europe - he probably knows how to ski. Why
mid-fats for Utah's light, easy-skiing powder?

Because it will be even easier. Besides, Utah ran out of light powder
late last week. All that's left is the industrial strength stuff.

Naw - I don't believe it. I'm going to go do a personal inspection later
in the week. (There seems to be some kind of weather forcast for then.)

Lal - just hit the Ghee and JH hard the last two days. Thought I was
back in Tahoe with the bluebird skies and the corn. Beautiful stuff
this is.

Hobacks are getting slim, but still skiable. Upper mountain is good,
but mostly on piste. Still some good snow in the trees and north facing.

The Ghee still has good base, but get your crud skis out and wait for
the afternoon softies.

Gimmee a holler and I will buy you a cocktail at the Trap.

RAC