Snows on the way!

Old February 5th 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Default Snows on the way!

Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big snows
on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be some
reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!

John

PS. Checkout 6 day reports on www.snow-forecast.com

Old February 5th 07, 10:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big snows
on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be some
reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!

John

PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com

Excellent. Bourg St Maurice better get its town-hall equipped with
spare linen a tout de suite then.

Old February 5th 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Matt T" wrote in message
oups.com...
| On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
| Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big
snows
| on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be
some
| reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!
|
| John
|
| PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com
|
| Excellent. Bourg St Maurice better get its town-hall equipped with
| spare linen a tout de suite then.

We had a number of people on mattresses at our place last year...
Fantastic skiing the next morning :-)

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

Old February 5th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

This is the best weather forecast we have come across and it does look
like half-term is going to better than could have been! Time to grab a
last deal.

http://www.chamonix.com/meteocham/MetPreE.php

If anyone is looking to go on 10/02 we have had a few cancellations
which we have reduced by up to 70%.

XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk

Old February 6th 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big snows
on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be some
reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!

John

PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com

Ooh... and it's just started bang on schedule. Got an inch on the
roads already and visibility is somewhat lacking....

Quick, where are my powder skis?

Matt

Old February 6th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Matt T" wrote in message
oups.com...
| On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
| Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big
snows
| on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be
some
| reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!
|
| John
|
| PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com
|
| Ooh... and it's just started bang on schedule. Got an inch on the
| roads already and visibility is somewhat lacking....
|
| Quick, where are my powder skis?

Bit optimistic Matt? There's only around 10 cms forecast for this 24
hour period! Still, hopefully some more Wednesday and over the
weekend...

On the other hand, I hear Bourg St Maurice employees have been warned to
be ready to work overtime, and to keep their mobiles switched on, with
'very changeable weather' forecast over the next fortnight... (ie be
prepared to start hauling mattresses after office hours, just in case)

Bring it on... 8-D

Pete

Old February 6th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Hey, just try not to track the whole hill out before I get there end of next
week!
John

"Matt T" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old February 6th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 6 Feb, 15:04, "pg" wrote:
"Matt T" wrote in message

oups.com...
| On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
| Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big
snows
| on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be
some
| reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!
|
| John
|
| PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com
|
| Ooh... and it's just started bang on schedule. Got an inch on the
| roads already and visibility is somewhat lacking....
|
| Quick, where are my powder skis?

Bit optimistic Matt? There's only around 10 cms forecast for this 24
hour period! Still, hopefully some more Wednesday and over the
weekend...

On the other hand, I hear Bourg St Maurice employees have been warned to
be ready to work overtime, and to keep their mobiles switched on, with
'very changeable weather' forecast over the next fortnight... (ie be
prepared to start hauling mattresses after office hours, just in case)

Bring it on... 8-D

Pete

Eternal optimist, me.

Yeah - whispered rumours of the "Mother of all storms" and wise old
crones "getting a feeling."

As you say - Bring it on!

Matt

Old February 6th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss

"JR" wrote in message
Hey, just try not to track the whole hill out before I get there end of
next week!
John

"Matt T" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big
snows
on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be some
reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!

John

PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com

Ooh... and it's just started bang on schedule. Got an inch on the
roads already and visibility is somewhat lacking....

Quick, where are my powder skis?

Matt

Here in France the forecasts have been pretty encouraging for a rapid
sorting out of the season, with snowfalls above 1000m at least until the end
of the week. I was in Sainte-Foy Tarentaise a couple of weeks back when
things were far from perfect, and still enjoyed some great skiing - anyone
heading there from now on is in for a treat. It'll be interesting to see how
other areas fare...

RM

Old February 7th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Roger Moss" wrote in message

| "JR" wrote in message
| Hey, just try not to track the whole hill out before I get there end
of
| next week!
| John
|
| "Matt T" wrote in message
| oups.com...
| On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
| Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly
big
| snows
| on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could
be some
| reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!
|
| John
|
| PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com
|
| Ooh... and it's just started bang on schedule. Got an inch on the
| roads already and visibility is somewhat lacking....
|
| Quick, where are my powder skis?
|
| Matt
|

| Here in France the forecasts have been pretty encouraging for a rapid
| sorting out of the season, with snowfalls above 1000m at least until
the end
| of the week. I was in Sainte-Foy Tarentaise a couple of weeks back
when
| things were far from perfect, and still enjoyed some great skiing -
anyone
| heading there from now on is in for a treat. It'll be interesting to
see how
| other areas fare...

Talking to the locals last night (ski school owners, lift company
people) the general rather pessimistic view was that the forecast snow
(in the Tarentaise) is very unlikely to be substantial - at least, over
the next week.

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com