Les Deux Alpes online lift pass booking

Old February 26th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
David

Default Les Deux Alpes online lift pass booking

I'm planning a trip to Les Deux Alpes this Easter (2nd week in April)
and notice that the lift pass is cheaper if I buy it online from
www.les2alpes.com than buying it as part of the holiday package. It
also has the advantage that you can just upload a digital photo rather
than having to get hold of a printed passport photo.

Has anyone on here used this service? In particular, any advice about
the pros and cons of choosing home delivery (do they deliver to the
UK?) or collection from the list pass office (does this involve much
reading of notices in French to find the correct kiosk, for example?).

Thanks,
David.
Old February 26th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"David" wrote in message
| I'm planning a trip to Les Deux Alpes this Easter (2nd week in April)
| and notice that the lift pass is cheaper if I buy it online from
| www.les2alpes.com than buying it as part of the holiday package. It
| also has the advantage that you can just upload a digital photo rather
| than having to get hold of a printed passport photo.
|
| Has anyone on here used this service? In particular, any advice about
| the pros and cons of choosing home delivery (do they deliver to the
| UK?) or collection from the list pass office (does this involve much
| reading of notices in French to find the correct kiosk, for example?).

An aside - should you actually be considering a lesson or two, certain
local instructors have accounts with the lift company, offer good
discounts, and will sort out everything for you before you arrive...
such as Charlotte Swift of www.easiski.com ... (a great instructor, btw)

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

Old February 27th 07, 08:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Feb 26, 8:20 pm, David wrote:
I'm planning a trip to Les Deux Alpes this Easter (2nd week in April)
and notice that the lift pass is cheaper if I buy it online fromwww.les2alpes.comthan buying it as part of the holiday package. It
also has the advantage that you can just upload a digital photo rather
than having to get hold of a printed passport photo.

Has anyone on here used this service? In particular, any advice about
the pros and cons of choosing home delivery (do they deliver to the
UK?) or collection from the list pass office (does this involve much
reading of notices in French to find the correct kiosk, for example?).

Thanks,
David.

To be honest it's not going to be a mega busy week so if the local
price is cheaper I would just get it there as you won't risk any
delivery problem. It's not a hands free pass and therefore if it's
lost you don't get another one back!
We organise Les Deux Alpes lift passes for our clients see
http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/default.cfm/loaddoc.216 and as far as I
can see the only advantage of the online booking is that you don't
need to bring a photo. There is a photo booth in the lift pass office
though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk

Old March 1st 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

"David" wrote in message
I'm planning a trip to Les Deux Alpes this Easter (2nd week in April)
and notice that the lift pass is cheaper if I buy it online from
www.les2alpes.com than buying it as part of the holiday package. It
also has the advantage that you can just upload a digital photo rather
than having to get hold of a printed passport photo.

If you are referring to a UK package holiday, please note that some tour
operators will offer to get you a ticket whilst you are on the transfer bus to
the resort. Hopefully the pass will be delivered to you before you start skiing.
Sometimes they ask for a supplement if you use a credit card. Typically they
pocket a discount from the lift operator.

Sometimes you need to get to the resort to be able to choose from the full range
of lift tickets.

If you buy a ticket just before you need it, you reduce the risk of buying an
expensive ticket which you subsequently find that you are unable to use.

Usually I buy tickets at the resort or on the transfer bus. Never in advance
from a UK tour operator.

The online price appears to be the normal in resort price - There is no obvious
discount - UIAM

--

Michael Chare

Old March 1st 07, 07:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

I have found that pre-buying tickets anywhere is a waste of money. Unless
you are absolutely sure of the conditions (both snow and weather) in resort,
how can you nail down when and where you will ski??

If the weather is unsettled in the slightest, I have found it better to pick
the most favourable resort of the day and get a day pass. Last week was an
exception in Les Arcs, in that the weather was fantastic, and stable for 6
days so it was more economical to get a family paradiski pass. We still only
needed to lose 1 day or so out of the 6 for the economics to swing in favour
of regional day passes.

John

Old March 1st 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
David

Thanks to all for your comments so far. I'm leaning towards the idea
of just buying the lift pass on the day (or ordering for pickup in the
resort).

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:08:18 +0100, "pg"
wrote:
An aside - should you actually be considering a lesson or two, certain
local instructors have accounts with the lift company, offer good
discounts, and will sort out everything for you before you arrive...
such as Charlotte Swift of www.easiski.com ... (a great instructor, btw)

A very good suggestion, thanks, and a recommendation that I have seen
seconded elsewhere in the last couple of days. On this occasion I've
booked lessons and ski hire through the tour operator because I wasn't
too sure what I'd be looking for otherwise, but I'm sure with a bit of
research I could have found both at a better price (for better
service) elsewhere.

David.