Snows on the way!

Old February 13th 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Default Snows on the way!

On 6 Feb, 15:16, "JR" wrote:
Hey, just try not to track the whole hill out before I get there end of next
week!
John

"Matt T" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 5 Feb, 08:45, "JR" wrote:
Just in case people haven't been checking, there are some fairly big
snows
on the way for the alps for next weekend! Looks like there could be some
reasonable snow for the 1/2 term weekend after all!

John

PS. Checkout 6 day reports onwww.snow-forecast.com

Ooh... and it's just started bang on schedule. Got an inch on the
roads already and visibility is somewhat lacking....

Quick, where are my powder skis?

Matt- Hide quoted text -

Looks like you might get your wish! Put down about 60cm over the last
24 hours with more to come over the rest of the week. A lot of the
lifts are closed right now due to the 100Km/h winds.

Matt

Old February 13th 07, 12:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

I 'spose it would be just too much to ask for the sun to come out again as
well????? say.....from sunday morning?

;-)
John

"Matt T" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 6 Feb, 15:16, "JR" wrote:
Hey, just try not to track the whole hill out before I get there end of
next
week!
John

"Matt T" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old February 13th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 13 Feb, 13:48, "JR" wrote:
I 'spose it would be just too much to ask for the sun to come out again as
well????? say.....from sunday morning?

;-)
John

Quite probably asking too much, yes. :-)

It's out right this second....oh, no, gone again.

Old February 13th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Switters

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:48:33 GMT, "JR"
allegedly wrote:

I 'spose it would be just too much to ask for the sun to come out
again as well????? say.....from sunday morning?

Good grief, 2 months of virtually no snow and you want it to stop
already!?
Old February 13th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Switters" wrote in message
| On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:48:33 GMT, "JR"
| allegedly wrote:
|
| I 'spose it would be just too much to ask for the sun to come out
| again as well????? say.....from sunday morning?
|
| Good grief, 2 months of virtually no snow and you want it to stop
| already!?

Believe me, despite Les Arcs claiming 60 cms Sunday pm and Monday (30
cms at 1600m), we could still do with plenty more. Nice up there this
afternoon, but best up above 1900m - increasingly heavy going off piste
below.

Some rain forecast tomorrow morning too, below 2200m, but turning to
snow later on. Not a lot expected.

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

Old February 27th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

My prayer-mat seemed to work.....snow before arrival then clear blue/no wind
for 6 days in a row, then a wet blizzard on departure morning!!

Excellent! Best ski trip in 20 years. Will definitely be back soon (without
kids!)

John

"Matt T" wrote in message
oups.com...