The excuses thread

Old March 12th 09, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default The excuses thread

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:01:14 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

Champ wrote in news:303ir49iule05e8hipaionsquat7hli94c@
4ax.com:

How do you fancy a long weekend, at the beginning of April? I'm going
out to Ace's place, and my regular board buddy has dropped out. I'll
be taking it very easy, and haven't been for two years myself, so
you'd not have to worry about remembering how to ride.

Hey, thanks, I'd love to! We'll bring the dogs too. I think I can swing
three weeks, since it's such a good season.

Heh. You can stay in the cellar then, OK?

(What's with the subject line, btw? I almost missed this!)

Who looks at such things? (Apart from youm, clearly). You should know
by now that UKRM doesn't follow subjects like that.

Old March 12th 09, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alex Ferrier

Ace wrote:

Champ wrote:

FFS. An Easyjet flight. A couple of days of lift tickets. Some beer
money.

Quite so. And if he's that hard up he can just do the cooking to avoid
eating out.

Whether we join him for dinner is another matter altogether.

Ho hum, mebbe next year.

You say that every year...

He needs a better excuse, for sure. A weekend's boarding for, what,
around 150 notes? Where's the problem?

A few hundred notes here or there isn't the issue.
Don't think I'm not deeply tempted, but no.

Thanks for the thought, anyway.

--
Alex
BMW R1150GS

Old March 13th 09, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
platypus

Champ wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:37:27 -0000, "Alex Ferrier" wrote:

How do you fancy a long weekend, at the beginning of April? I'm
going out to Ace's place, and my regular board buddy has dropped
out. I'll be taking it very easy, and haven't been for two years
myself, so you'd not have to worry about remembering how to ride.

Heh, love to.

checks thread title
Unfortunately this effin' credit crunch has ****ed my income stream
up, good and proper. Looks like I'll be looking for work of some
sort or another, to stop eating into my capital. Don't think a
boarding trip atm 'works' for me in that sense.

FFS. An Easyjet flight. A couple of days of lift tickets. Some beer
money.

Ho hum, mebbe next year.

You say that every year...

He's the Austin Shackles of snowboarding.

Old March 13th 09, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jérémy

Ace wrote in
:

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:01:14 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

Champ wrote in
news:303ir49iule05e8hipaionsquat7hli94c@ 4ax.com:

How do you fancy a long weekend, at the beginning of April? I'm
going out to Ace's place, and my regular board buddy has dropped
out. I'll be taking it very easy, and haven't been for two years
myself, so you'd not have to worry about remembering how to ride.

Hey, thanks, I'd love to! We'll bring the dogs too. I think I can
swing three weeks, since it's such a good season.

Heh. You can stay in the cellar then, OK?

Better and better. I'll bring a corkscrew.

(What's with the subject line, btw? I almost missed this!)

Who looks at such things? (Apart from youm, clearly). You should know
by now that UKRM doesn't follow subjects like that.

It was part of the joke, but never mind.

--
Jeremy
R1200RT
Old March 13th 09, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Switters

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:16:51 GMT, "platypus"
allegedly wrote:

Ho hum, mebbe next year.

You say that every year...

He's the Austin Shackles of snowboarding.

Ace mode
Who?
/Ace mode
Old March 13th 09, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
CT

Switters wrote:

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:16:51 GMT, "platypus"

He's the Austin Shackles of snowboarding.

Ace mode
Who?
/Ace mode

Something to do with a spoof 60s spy film? With Ace as Goldmember )

--
Chris
Old March 13th 09, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

allegedly wrote:

Ho hum, mebbe next year.

You say that every year...

He's the Austin Shackles of snowboarding.

Ace mode
Who?
/Ace mode

A guy on the classic group, who never goes anywhere.
--
Champ
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger
Old March 13th 09, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
platypus

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....32464e90?hl=en
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....19b728c6?hl=en
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....f4a16ea4?hl=en