Contributor "Ace" injured

Old August 26th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
MadCow

Default Contributor "Ace" injured

In message , Devs
writes
In message , cupra
writes
wrote:
Details:-

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....e_frm/thread/a
7449e0fd4a68d85/84686ca9ae441334?hl=en#84686ca9ae441334

In case anyone wishes to know, regular contributor "Ace"
has been seriously injured in a motorbike crash. No point in
my comments best see uk.rec.motorcycles.

**** - been and added my best wishes/speedy recovery to the thread....

If you read this, Ace, hope you recover asap.

Ditto.

For once we're all in agreement - best wishes for a quick and thorough
recovery. The group would miss Ace terribly.

--
Sue ]
Old August 26th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
davidof

Alex Heney wrote:
I doubt if he will. It is likely to be at least 6 months before the
doctors let him do anything that could put a strain on his back.

In that case I hope Bruce makes a full recovery as quickly as possible
even if it does take time.

With regards to Adrian's comment, someone recently said that he thought
off-piste skiing (which Bruce loved) has about the same accident rate as
motorcycling. They are probably not comparable but interesting how many
are drawn to the same sports.

David

(btw I do know the difference between hear and here in case anyone
wondered).
Old August 26th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Alex Heney

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:12:42 +0200, davidof
wrote:

Alex Heney wrote:
I doubt if he will. It is likely to be at least 6 months before the
doctors let him do anything that could put a strain on his back.

In that case I hope Bruce makes a full recovery as quickly as possible
even if it does take time.

Agreed.

He may chafe if he can't ski in the 2006/7 season, but it is more
important that he recovers fully.

I certainly hope he does.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Death is life's way of telling you you've been fired.
Old August 26th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
muddy

In article ,
davidof wrote:

Alex Heney wrote:
I doubt if he will. It is likely to be at least 6 months before the
doctors let him do anything that could put a strain on his back.

In that case I hope Bruce makes a full recovery as quickly as possible
even if it does take time.

With regards to Adrian's comment, someone recently said that he thought
off-piste skiing (which Bruce loved) has about the same accident rate as
motorcycling. They are probably not comparable but interesting how many
are drawn to the same sports.

Nothing wrong with a bit of danger skier boy.

--
Mike
DL1000 Black with extra black bits. UKRMMA#22
Old August 27th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Peter Garwood

"davidof" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Alex Heney wrote:
I doubt if he will. It is likely to be at least 6 months before the
doctors let him do anything that could put a strain on his back.

In that case I hope Bruce makes a full recovery as quickly as possible
even if it does take time.

Hope Bruce makes as rapid a return to fitness as possible. Less easy to
achieve when you're not in the first flush of youth....

With regards to Adrian's comment, someone recently said that he thought
off-piste skiing (which Bruce loved) has about the same accident rate as
motorcycling. They are probably not comparable but interesting how many
are drawn to the same sports.

Parachuting, karting, rallying, skiing... fantastic fun. Motorcycling? Nah,
not for me. Three goods friends of mine have been severely damaged or killed
so far. None had kids, fortunately.

Pete

Old August 27th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
BGN

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:39:42 +0200, "Peter Garwood"
wrote:

None had kids, fortunately.

This is a positive thing even if one doesn't ride a motorcycle.
--
-- Nick ICQ: 9235201 EMAIL & MSN:
-- LOTR#4 SKOGA#8 DS#7 BOTAFOT#159 BOTM#2 FBOTY#06 PM#11
Old August 27th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Peter Garwood

Old September 12th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Ace

Alex Heney wrote:
I doubt if he will. It is likely to be at least 6 months before the
doctors let him do anything that could put a strain on his back.

3 months

In that case I hope Bruce makes a full recovery as quickly as possible
even if it does take time.

Hope Bruce makes as rapid a return to fitness as possible. Less easy to
achieve when you're not in the first flush of youth....

OI! I resemble that remark! I seem to be recovering faster than
expected so far, and see no reason why this shouldn't continue.

With regards to Adrian's comment, someone recently said that he thought
off-piste skiing (which Bruce loved) has about the same accident rate as
motorcycling.

I'm sure that's not true. Biking is _much_ more dangerous, I'm sure,
even if you take newbies out of the equation. Although I guess I've
had more 'accidents' skiing than biking, but the level of seriousness
is usually _much_ lower.

They are probably not comparable but interesting how many
are drawn to the same sports.

Parachuting, karting, rallying, skiing... fantastic fun. Motorcycling? Nah,
not for me. Three goods friends of mine have been severely damaged or killed

I've not lost any mates for many years, but yes, it happens. I'm one
of the lucky ones, I guess.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old September 12th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Cab

Ace wrote:

snippy

Aaarrrrrggggh.

fx: simpers

Nice to see you back.

--
Cab :^) - argue's like a girl
GSX 1400
Old September 12th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Lozzo

Ace says...

Alex Heney wrote:
I doubt if he will. It is likely to be at least 6 months before the
doctors let him do anything that could put a strain on his back.

3 months

Hey, good to see you back online. All the best for your recovery.

--
Lozzo
Triumph Daytona 955i SE (Black with added black bits)