America's disappearing ski bum

Old December 5th 10, 05:46 AM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default America's disappearing ski bum

On 11/30/10 23:19, Evojeesus wrote:

On Dec 1, 3:19 am, The Real wrote:
On 11/30/10 13:08, Evojeesus wrote:

And what if you get diabetes, macular degeneration or cancer and don't
have insurance? How does that work in corpotocratic medicine?

You show up at the hospital and they take care of you for free. They
have to do that.

So if you show up with cancer they have to assign you an oncologist
and all that and start the necessary multi-month treatments? Is that
going to to be good quality cancer-care if you don't have insurance?

I don't really know. I *know* that people get rotten quality cancer
care even with 100% coverage (yeah, that's possible) just because you
choose the wrong hospital which uses the wrong doctors. Some problems
can't be cured by throwing money at them. Maybe expanding medical
schools and making admissions merit-only would help, but the results of
that won't show up for quite a while anyway.

Upon reflection -- yeah, you show up at the emergency room with
mysterious symptoms which turn out to be advanced cancer and I'd be
willing to bet money that they wouldn't kick you back out on the street.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I don't care who your father is! Drop that cross
Old December 5th 10, 03:10 PM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Bull****. Why don't you test that hypothesis and get back to us?
Old December 5th 10, 07:02 PM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On Dec 1, 3:19 am, The Real wrote:
[...]

If you were one of the lucky ones. Ever read the stories of people dumped on
skid road in hospital gowns? It happens.

Old December 6th 10, 04:03 AM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine

*On Dec 1, 3:19 am, The Real * wrote:
[...]

Yes, but around here we call it Skid Row. *Such people are generally
mentally challenged in some way and are unable to cope in ANY way. That
doesn't make it any nicer, of course, but who is supposed to pay for the
care of such people?

Decent people take care of the unfortunate. Bev Ashley would let them
die in squalor.
Ah, teabaggers. No wonder this psychopathic pathological liar posts
here. Her kind of people: utterly without any decency or ethics or
morals
Old December 6th 10, 04:09 AM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:

On Dec 1, 3:19 am, The Real wrote:
[...]

Such people are people without insurance. period. They don't get free care the
same as insured people. They get stabilized and released, sometimes without any
support for sick weakened patients. The lie that anyone gets free care is just
that - a lie.

Old December 6th 10, 04:38 AM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 5, 8:09*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

*On Dec 1, 3:19 am, The Real * wrote:
[...]

Turns out you have a shred of decency in you, asshole. So when are
you going to challenge your buddies here on the sick lies they tell
about me?
First, YOU have to stop lying about me. Man up,
ppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyy. Start posting with your real, full name.
Hiding your identity is a form of lying.
Old December 6th 10, 04:32 PM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 5, 9:09*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

Such people are people without insurance. period. *They don't get free care the
same as insured people. They get stabilized and released, sometimes without any
support for sick weakened patients. The lie that anyone gets free care is just
that - a lie.

You get what you pay for. Why should those that choose an addicted,
worthless, life like trunky's get their **** for free? Actions/
consequenses.

And beyond that, why don't you and your ilk lower your own standard of
living and pay. No one is stopping you. You can afford an insurance
premium or two can't you?

I heard a report yesterday that Gates and Buffet say "tax me more".
Why don't they just take $100K and send the rest in? The government
will take it. Or how about they open a store and just hand $10,000 to
everyone that comes in for their health insurance? I'm sure no one
would spend it on booze or cigarettes.

Why do you need me? Take the money that Dems spend on elections.
Anyone know how much that is? How many insurance policies would that
buy?
Old December 6th 10, 04:36 PM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 6, 8:32*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 5, 9:09*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

[...]

Not as much as what the Republicans spend.
Old December 6th 10, 05:28 PM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 6, 9:36*am, Richard Henry wrote:

Not as much as what the Republicans spend.

Seemed to me that Edwards spent record amounts. He's a real beaut.

I'm not so sure about that. But whatever it is, it's a lot of money on
both sides, agreed? But its the Dems that want to take peoples money
and give it to others. Why don't they volunteer 90%? That would
probably leave most of them with sizeable amounts to live on.

I would take care of people that needed it. But in a manner that
taking care of yourself was preferable. Warehouse accomodations, same
meal everyday, every meal, no cash. Rather than food stamps people
should get a coupon for a box of kraft mac and cheese per person over
15 per day. Under 15 gets 1 box for two days.
Old December 6th 10, 05:55 PM posted to alt.skiing,rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

I'm not so sure about that. But whatever it is, it's a lot of money on
both sides, agreed? But its the Dems that want to take peoples money
and *give it to others.

As opposed to the Republicians who want to take other peoples money
and give it to themselves? Like the 'temporary' taxes to fund Coors
field and Invesco field here in Colorado.