Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

Old October 23rd 09, 08:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Colin Irvine[_4_]

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:25:44 +0100, Eiron squeezed out the following:

The Older Gentleman wrote:
DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.
Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

You mean those who can afford to but don't ski have money, YTC.

Thank you, Mr Murray.

--
Colin Irvine
Old October 23rd 09, 08:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Ace[_3_]

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:36:11 +0100, boots wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:36:15 +0100 in uk.rec.motorcycles, The Older
Gentleman says:

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

There are other more interesting and expensive pastimes to eat up the
cash.

A significant proportion of skiers also indulge in other activities
like sailing and riding. Read into that what you will.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old October 23rd 09, 08:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Steve Parry

s.com...

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

There are other more interesting and expensive pastimes to eat up the
cash.

Scuba is more than capable of being a cash sink for example

--
Steve Parry
87 BMW R80RS, 03 BMW R1100S Boxercup, 07 BMW K1200GT SE

Old October 23rd 09, 08:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
TOG@Toil

On 23 Oct, 08:25, Eiron wrote:
The Older Gentleman wrote:
DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.
Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

You mean those who can afford to but don't ski have money, YTC.

Precisely what I implied. That'll be a whoosh, then :-)
Old October 23rd 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
MoonMan

DR wrote:
The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

Wrong, Those who ski *used* to have money

--

Chris *:-)

Old October 23rd 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Eiron

TOG@Toil wrote:
On 23 Oct, 08:25, Eiron wrote:
The Older Gentleman wrote:
DR wrote:
The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.
Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.
No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

You mean those who can afford to but don't ski have money, YTC.

Precisely what I implied. That'll be a whoosh, then :-)

You are Marie Antoinette AICMFF pieces of cake.

--
Eiron.
Old October 23rd 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Domenec

On 22 oct, 23:09, (The Older Gentleman)
wrote:

And she's crooning over the kit. The boots are electrically heated, FFS.

Togette needs to see picture of mine doing a nice Two Skis Airborne at
Les 2 Alpes back in 1992, using a bath suit as all clothing [1]

[1] As victory of F.C. Barcelona in the Champions League lead to too
much drunkenness and promises that later I was requested to fulfill.
Old October 23rd 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
platypus

Steve Parry wrote:
s.com...

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

There are other more interesting and expensive pastimes to eat up the
cash.

Scuba is more than capable of being a cash sink for example

I got involved in a lunchtime discussion about skiing, about 20 years ago
when I was spending my disposable on pottering about in little aeroplanes.

"Do you ski, Richard?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Not expensive enough."

Old October 23rd 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Champ

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:40:34 GMT, "platypus"
wrote:

I got involved in a lunchtime discussion about skiing, about 20 years ago
when I was spending my disposable on pottering about in little aeroplanes.

"Do you ski, Richard?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Not expensive enough."

applause
--
Champ
We declare that the splendor of the world has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed.
Old October 23rd 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
'Hog

platypus wrote:
Steve Parry wrote:
s.com...

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

There are other more interesting and expensive pastimes to eat up
the cash.

Scuba is more than capable of being a cash sink for example

I got involved in a lunchtime discussion about skiing, about 20 years
ago when I was spending my disposable on pottering about in little
aeroplanes.
"Do you ski, Richard?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Not expensive enough."

I don't think it is expensive at all. My Columbia Titanium kit has
lasted 8 years so far. Boots are about 6 years old and Volkl titanium
skis are giving years of service.

So it comes down to accommodation. In (for instance) Trois Valee you can
go from a few tens of squids a night in a La Tania bunkhouse to several
hundred in a Courchevel 1850 palace. I've tried both, the former was a
better Beano as it happened.

And if you are really pikey, pack some skins and forget the lift pass.

--
'Hog
'06 ST4-S

Friggin' ouch! Marty Alpine Skiing 4 January 31st 07 02:12 AM
Bohemia comments, or "ouch" bdubya Alpine Skiing (moderated) 42 February 26th 06 05:30 AM
Hip Flexors. OUCH Onno61 Nordic Skiing 12 December 2nd 05 02:05 PM
Mail RWL Nordic Skiing 4 February 23rd 05 09:45 PM
Ouch, need a wider board -JPMM JPMM Snowboarding 6 March 22nd 04 04:25 PM