DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Old August 12th 03, 04:00 PM
lal_truckee

Default DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Jonathan Gogan wrote:
Farty;
I have welded my bindings shut with the boots in.
I now buckle up my boots andthe skiis are "already-on" (tm)
time saving and they never come off when I fall (as if!)

Dick Buek claimed he just screwed his boots to the skis - no bindings at
all. And he won several World Cup level downhills ...

Of course his all-metal knee, with angle lock, probably helped some.

Old August 12th 03, 07:37 PM
Ivan Rafn

"Walt" skrev i en meddelelse
Ivan Rafn wrote:
"Christopher Luke"

Anyone know where I can find a DIN chart for my Atomic 6.14 bindings?

You can have a copy of mine. DIN is supposed to be a universal standard,

so
the make of the bindings shouldn't matter.

Personally, I'd advise against taking the advice of anyone clueless
enough to post a binary to a non-binary usenet group. In any case, the
chart is pretty much worthless without the instructions.

My other piece of advice is to get ahold of a DIN chart (lal's link
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/din.html is pretty good) and calculate
your DIN. Remember it! Everybody should know their DIN, especially if
they ever rent skis.

But there's more to adjusting a binding than just setting the DIN to the
number on the indicator. The important part is *testing* the binding at
the calculated DIN setting to make sure it releases the way it's
supposed to. Since it's very unlikely that you have the test equipment
in your garage, the easiest thing to do is to take your skis to a shop
where they have the test equipment to do it right. Expensive? Not
compared to a tib-fib fracture or a torn ACL.

--
//-Walt
// Seerch-a zee veb:

Sorry, I can see I did wrong answering a guy asking for help, without
consulting you first.
I didn't know you where the the only one with right answers, - my fault!

If you took the time to look at the chart before saging it, you would have
noticed that it is in fact the same chart that appears on terry's page.

I am no NG admin, and had no idea bin's didn't attach.
I was just trying to help a fellov skier, and can easily do without your
stomach acid blurps.

Well, I can see Christopher was helped, and thats reward enogh for me.

IMHO this board has been redundant all summer. If you like it that way, keep
herassing those that tries to be serious and helpfull.

Maybe you would be better off with a NG just for yourself and your friends,
where you all can make silly comments day long? Why don't you open
priv.skiing.alpine, then?

Old August 12th 03, 08:45 PM
lal_truckee

Ivan Rafn wrote:
CLIPPED

Relax - it'll snow eventually, and we'll all feel better ...

(BTW, your original post still hasn't shown up on the server I use
(News.CIS.DFN.DE,) possibly because the server won't accept posts with a
bin file attached foor non-binary groups? Some servers just drop the
attachment, others drop the whole post.)

Old August 12th 03, 09:19 PM
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

Ivan Rafn wrote:
CLIPPED

Relax - it'll snow eventually, and we'll all feel better ...

Newbies take things so seriously, don't they? Not like us.

(BTW, your original post still hasn't shown up on the server I use
(News.CIS.DFN.DE,) possibly because the server won't accept posts with a
bin file attached foor non-binary groups? Some servers just drop the
attachment, others drop the whole post.)

n.c.d.d (has a new name, but I don't remember it) wipes the whole post. A
good thing, in general. Anybody who posts binary attachments into a
non-bin usenet group can't possibly have anything to say that's worth
reading.

--
Cheers,
Bev

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look
of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs
think humans are nuts." -- John Steinbeck
Old August 12th 03, 11:16 PM
Ivan Rafn

"The Real Bev" skrev i en meddelelse
lal_truckee wrote:

Ivan Rafn wrote:
CLIPPED

Relax - it'll snow eventually, and we'll all feel better ...

Newbies take things so seriously, don't they? Not like us.

(BTW, your original post still hasn't shown up on the server I use
(News.CIS.DFN.DE,) possibly because the server won't accept posts with a
bin file attached foor non-binary groups? Some servers just drop the
attachment, others drop the whole post.)

n.c.d.d (has a new name, but I don't remember it) wipes the whole post. A
good thing, in general. Anybody who posts binary attachments into a
non-bin usenet group can't possibly have anything to say that's worth
reading.

--
Cheers,
Bev

It has moved to News.Individual.NET .
Anyone who dosn't checks his sources I regard as non-trustworthy!

As for being a newbee, I hardly qualify, as I am an IT Consultant for living
(and is well living), and has been so for more than 25 years.

I am sorry I, apparently, offended "YOUR" ng, by attaching a bin, in an
effort to try to help a fellov skier.

It might be different from Europe to US, but generally advices are well
received, the more frendly the advice, the more welcome it is.
Use a more friendly tone, and receivers may understand you are leading them,
not trying to offend them.

May I advice you not to adopt the french attitude - we ourself are enogh,
we know better, don't advice us, we will tell you (and offend you the best
we can as we go) -, as it may push off new members of what could be a great
ng.

An international skiing ng could be a great way of exchanging experiences
between continents, don't you agree?

LT, thanks for drawing my attention to the fact that I was posting in a non
bin group. The faq of your ng host states that it removes articles
containing bin's.

You can have a copy of mine. DIN is supposed to be a universal standard,

so
the make of the bindings shouldn't matter.

BTW how did you manage to get the snip from my original posting ?

Who are you helping TRB?

Old August 13th 03, 02:11 AM
scottabe

How ironic!
Bev Ashley has the gall to lecture someone about internet etiquette-but in
her sick world, it is perfectly permissable to falsely accuse an innocent
man of implanting memories of childhood abuse in a good friend. Or to
falselya ccuse innocent men of molesting children, or to lie to the police
and the cops, or to threaten people's lives.
When that happens on rsa, Bev Ashley says nothing-but then again, Bev Ashley
is guilty of those crimes.
What an incredible bitch!

in article , The Real Bev at

lal_truckee wrote:

Ivan Rafn wrote:
CLIPPED

Relax - it'll snow eventually, and we'll all feel better ...

Newbies take things so seriously, don't they? Not like us.

(BTW, your original post still hasn't shown up on the server I use
(News.CIS.DFN.DE,) possibly because the server won't accept posts with a
bin file attached foor non-binary groups? Some servers just drop the
attachment, others drop the whole post.)

n.c.d.d (has a new name, but I don't remember it) wipes the whole post. A
good thing, in general. Anybody who posts binary attachments into a
non-bin usenet group can't possibly have anything to say that's worth
reading.

It has moved to News.Individual.NET .
Anyone who dosn't checks his sources I regard as non-trustworthy!

Hey, I checked it, I just didn't remember it. When it stops accepting
'news.cis.dfn.de' then I will be immensely grateful that you posted the
new address.

As for being a newbee, I hardly qualify, as I am an IT Consultant for living
(and is well living), and has been so for more than 25 years.

Newbie HERE. Experience elsewhere doesn't count. What does your title
mean? "Well living" in English means "living in a well," which is
probably not the correct translation.

I am sorry I, apparently, offended "YOUR" ng, by attaching a bin, in an
effort to try to help a fellov skier.

It's not MY rule, but the general usenet custom: do not post binaries in
non-binary newsgroups. They present an immense drain on resources and
many ISPs have given up carrying any newsfeed at all due to the space
required for such things.

It might be different from Europe to US, but generally advices are well
received, the more frendly the advice, the more welcome it is.
Use a more friendly tone, and receivers may understand you are leading them,
not trying to offend them.

Yes, advice is generally appreciated. Terry has had his din chart up on
his website for years, and a link was provided, as it would have been had
you not posted your binary, which caused your entire post to be deleted by
many ISPs, thereby depriving much of the world of your knowledge.

May I advice you not to adopt the french attitude - we ourself are enogh,
we know better, don't advice us, we will tell you (and offend you the best
we can as we go) -, as it may push off new members of what could be a great
ng.

Well, a very few of us actually DO know better. Don't worry, we'll tell
you who we are :-)

An international skiing ng could be a great way of exchanging experiences
between continents, don't you agree?

Of course. If you had bothered to read the newsgroup a bit longer (google
is your friend) you would have realized this.

LT, thanks for drawing my attention to the fact that I was posting in a non
bin group. The faq of your ng host states that it removes articles
containing bin's.

That's done by individual ISPs, not the newsgroup itself. Some people got
to see it.

You can have a copy of mine. DIN is supposed to be a universal standard,

so
the make of the bindings shouldn't matter.

BTW how did you manage to get the snip from my original posting ?

It was quoted by someone who DID see it.

Who are you helping TRB?

Who is TRB? Oh, I understand. Me. I don't know who I'm helping. If
nobody, well, so be it.

Old August 13th 03, 01:24 PM
Walt

Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

Hey Hollywood! What in Neptune's name happened to your Sailor Group?
Reads like a damn Pink Panther movie script in there!

You mean alt.sailing.asa? I used to hang out there, but I came over to
RSA for sanity, civility, and decorum. Everyone here is much better
behaved, if you can believe that.

--
//-Walt
// Seerch-a zee veb:
// http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=xx-bork

obski: Were there any skiing scenes in any of the Pink Panther movies?
Old August 13th 03, 06:44 PM
Richard Henry

"Walt" wrote in message
Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

Hey Hollywood! What in Neptune's name happened to your Sailor Group?
Reads like a damn Pink Panther movie script in there!

You mean alt.sailing.asa?

Is asa an abbreviation for alt.sailing.asa?

Old August 13th 03, 07:10 PM
Walt

Richard Henry wrote:
"Walt" wrote
Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

Hey Hollywood! What in Neptune's name happened to your Sailor Group?
Reads like a damn Pink Panther movie script in there!

You mean alt.sailing.asa?

Is asa an abbreviation for alt.sailing.asa?

Right. It's a recursive TLA.

For a definition of TLA see
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/TLA.html

For a definition of recursion see:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/R/recursion.html

--
//-Walt
//
Old August 13th 03, 09:41 PM
klaus

Default TLAs was: DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
"Walt" wrote

Is asa an abbreviation for alt.sailing.asa?

Right. It's a recursive TLA.

For a definition of TLA see
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/TLA.html

For a definition of recursion see:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/R/recursion.html

ASA would be a tail recursive TLA but I believe the first recursive
TLA was head recursive, and that TLA was GNU. Can anyone tell me what
it stands for *without* looking it up on the web? Pulling out your
GunEmacs manual is allowed as long as it's the old yellow one with the
weird drawing on the front that says something about the planet noi.

-klaus