ObSki: another run with flatboarding

Old May 23rd 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default ObSki: another run with flatboarding

On May 23, 7:02 am, Evojeesus wrote:
On May 23, 3:41 pm, Walt wrote:

taichiskiing wrote:
Well, two posts posted this morning and this one didn't show, so

What do you mean "this one didn't show"? I see it.
And how did you know that it didn't show before you posted it?

Well, the second post was posted last night, still hasn't shown in
Google.

Google Groups has been working very slowly in the past few days..

Ok, here's the missing reply again, see how it works this time.

On May 21, 12:38 pm, Evojeesus wrote:
On May 21, 8:00 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

On May 21, 4:45 am, Evojeesus wrote:
On May 20, 9:57 pm, taichiskiing

If you believe that, you're dumber than yourself realized.

I've seen 4-year olds ski 14mph I think, and that's just about
what your other clips seem to average.

This kind of argument doesn't take you anywhere, only exposes you at a
lower intelligent level. Even 4-year olds learn from their mistakes.

"If you believe that, you're dumber than yourself realized."

Actually, most of time I was in terrain parks, do you do superpipe?

No, I'm too busy being one with the mountain to bother with
artificial slopes.

Really? unfortunately, the terrain parks are a part of mountain
nowadays, don't think you can be "one with the mountain" without it.

http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...superpipeh.wmv,
last two years I was into "straightlining" and line-skiing.

So why don't you post any cool lines instead of that
lame stuff we've seen so far?

It sounds like your lame denial. My "cool line" is going
straightlining with or without tight turns at 45mph, what's your "cool
line"?

Broaden your knowledge and open your mind may help.

Don't you understand standard English? It's your ability
to communicate that is lacking, nothing else.

When communication fails, first thing to do is checking your receiving
devise, do you have your ears on? Then your software, does it have
enough intelligent to decipher the incoming message? Then it's the
environment that you're operated in, is your ego generated too much
static that prevents you from receiving a clear signal? Yes, there are
a lot of things going on beyond your "nothing else," how do you
receive?

"Broaden your knowledge and open your mind may help."

"experts," eh? what makes you think that you are an expert skier?

I'm expert enough, sure there are tons of better skiers
but I think I'm solidly in the top 5%.

It's really shame that you don't have some "cool" clips to show us.

Can we have some video clips to see how you do? Please.

No. Besides, what difference would it make?

Figured, just another gaper. Yes, it makes tons of difference; it is
your creditability and your character integrity, so are your knowledge
and your critiques, on the line.

"No, I don't think that you have what it takes to
comprehend what you see." That's why.

I do. I have enough skiing experience to have a pretty
good grasp of how your type of skiing *feels*.

No, you only think you know, [but how do you know the "feeling"?]
What's the "feeling" of the flatboarding again?

That's why us humans have those
mirror-neurons you know. Some of the stuff you show is decent for
intermediate skiers and I don't have much against that, but please
show the more advanced stuff before acting like the resident guru.

As I said before, there's no more "advanced stuff" in skiing. Anything
you do extra generates more aerodynamic drags and frictions, which
undermine you're your performance. The real "advanced stuff" in skiing
is to eliminate or to reduce those drags and frictions, how do you do
it?

You may partition them, I don't.

I think I said that in off-piste I just ski. Anyway, please
convince me that your techniques work well in difficult snow
situations, steeps, couloirs, powder etc.

Probably not before you have some more [high level] skiing experience
first.

So your eyes failed you again. This guy is famous among the
Heavenly locals, he routinely skis at 40mph, and the trail
is Olympic Downhill at Heavenly, where the first WC (or the
forerunner of the WC) downhill was held. I estimated his
speed on this particular run was 35 mph.

How did you make your estimate? You can try to estimate the
distance he's doing in 1 second when passing the camera.

He has a little hand-held mountaineering gadget that measures the wind
speed, which he held on his hand when he skied (not on this run), it
can tell the average speed, or the maximum speed. Last time I skied
formation with him, he clocked the maximum speed at 45 mph.

Another interesting question is how you came up with 14 mph, and 20
mph figures?

Note the speed and carving backward toward the end of the
clip. (I lost him in the telephoto zoom, so I hurrying with
wide angle to catch up with him.)

The skiing in that clip is by far the fastest in your
collection. Anyway, it does not seem very fast, have you got
anything twice faster?

No, I haven't got a camera fast enough to catch my straightlining run
from the side, here's a 50 mph run (estimated),
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningh.wmv

If you don't understand than you probably don't know;
if you don't know than you probably not doing it.

You are remarkably arrogant for a person who has been training
martial arts for the long term. Just for the sake of
repetition: we don't understand your terminology and
unclear speech is often a sign of unclear thinking.

What you don't understand doesn't invalid a proven theory. The
arrogance is yours.

"Line-skiing" is to ski a line; that is, ski like driving a car on a
mountain road--the road turns, but the car turns little.

WTF? You seriously lost me there now. Well, I guess you never need to
really turn as you don't a) carve on the edges, b) go fast, c) ski the
steeps etc. If handwaving would make me want to straightline flat
themeparks for 120+ days a season I might just give it a try...or not!

I think is you who seriously lost yourself. Do you make "corner-turn"
within the line that you travel on? Maybe the RR-track skiing is out
of your league.

"Turn-skiing" is to ski a turn, then a turn, and then a turn, where
the turning is not necessarily for going places but
controlling the speed, even though the turns are linked.

I understand that you don't need to control your speed
in places where you're skiing.

Actually, that'll be a might fine technique if you can ski all-
mountain without controlling/braking the speed.

How do you ski in the trees (tree skiing), where you
cannot see the whole line?

I have to admit that I don't have much experience at all
in tree skiing.

Without "much experience at all in tree skiing," but you think that
you're an expert all-mountain skier, but I'm not? Your hypocritical
double standard shows.

Practically all off-piste skiing I do is above the tree-line.

What's big deal about off-piste skiing above timber-line? Without
trees as obstacles, skiing on an open slope is probably the easiest
upper level skiing of them all, it's not?

On the other hand my turns are linked into lines, if that's what you mean.

That's turn-skiing.

So your turns are not linked or you don't need to turn?

Line-skiing turns without turning,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningh.wmv

I may have invented the whole skiing terminology of my
skiing all by my self; however,

Fix your terminology then.

Try some dictionary may help.

My terminology is not perfect, but adequate; it has no jargons, and I
use standard English grammar structures that can be found in a grammar
book and with the words that can be found in an ordinary English
dictionary.

But you think that only "one" particular way to present an English
meaning?

most of my skiing terminology is based on the
scientific practice, i.e. it begins with definitions, along
with sound physics theory--Newton's Law of Motion. There's
no myth in science, however, the 'net bashers seem to have
difficulty to catch on.

Well, I'm a trained scientist with a degree or two in physics.
You're simply unintelligible.

What a wasted "a degree or two in physics," you remind me the
scientist who said that bumblebees shouldn't fly. Look beyond your
"ivory tower," you may find there's a bigger "all-mountain" out there.

IS

Old May 24th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 23, 9:36 am, Evojeesus wrote:

On May 23, 3:41 pm, Walt wrote:
If you believe that, you're dumber than yourself realized.
I've seen 4-year olds ski 14mph I think, and that's just about
what your other clips seem to average.

This kind of argument doesn't take you anywhere, only exposes you at a
lower intelligent level. Even 4-year olds learn from their mistakes.

?

As you repeated your failed arrogant argument--a 4-old skis faster
than me--then it really reflects your low intelligent level. Most of
reasonable mature adults won't believe such a claim, but you don't
seem to know that. So, "if you believe that, you're dumber than
yourself realized." Maybe it's just a mistake, you were just bashing
without realizing how stupid the argument is, but the second time
around after it failed? So, "Even 4-year olds learn from their
mistakes," but apparently, you don't.

Really? unfortunately, the terrain parks are a part of mountain
nowadays, don't think you can be "one with the mountain" without it.

My current favourite mountain does not have marked trails (except for
two blue groomed ones for beginners), skipatrol or restrictions on
where one may go. I much prefer untamed mountains to Disneyland.

Sounds a cool little hideout, however, if you only have a limited
access to the mountain and its facilities, it'll be hard pressed for
you to have a more feature-rich all-mountain skiing experience.

Where's the clip you're doing 45mph in? Anyway, one can only
'straightline' very tame terrain due to obvious reasons.

Not really, that's "only" your part of assumption. I seldom
straightlining on the blacks, (nevertheless, I've done that,) it just
too fast a speed for most of ski resort environments. And
straightlining is not the only "cool line" out there; there are more
ways to enjoy the "cool line,"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwBG67NVaJQ
wolfgang2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWOJESFfuWk
wolfgang1

I'm not pretending to be a skiing-instructor-guru with new and
radical groundbreaking ideas.

Yeah, you just pretend you know more about skiing than a skiing-
instructor-guru.

Your videos show quite fun intermediate level
skiing but there's nothing much revolutionary or advanced in them, so
please tone down the hype a little bit. If your technique is usable in
blue groomed slopes it hardly proves the idea all over the mountain.

Pretending that you only see an intermediate level skiing only
reflects your intermediate level of observation, not going to help you
to prove your argument, but only reflects your pathetic denial.

Your credibility has gone years ago due to the material you
posted but you don't seem to realize or care.

No, I haven't changed, and my words still stand after all these years,
and that's where the credibility stays. Meanwhile, your credibility
has been poked full of holes, "but you don't seem to realize or care."

I know pretty well because I have experience in skiing. Humans
are actually very good at this, just watching a performance
lights up the same areas in the brain as doing it yourself.

No, what's your "experience" in skiing is still in question, and the
question was a challenge to your skiing knowledge.

Describe it (the "feeling" of the flatboarding), please.

There is more difficult stuff than not turning and standing
(aka. 'straightlining') a flat blue slope.

So you have never made a "Downhill" (as in Downhill racing,) run
before? ...Whatever tickles your fancy.

Anything you do extra generates more aerodynamic drags and
frictions, which undermine you're your performance. The real
"advanced stuff" in skiing is to eliminate or to reduce
those drags and frictions, how do you do it?

Is that why you spread your arms and don't tuck when you
straightline those beginner-slopes?

So you get stuck on the beginner-slopes?

Anyway, I try to keep a calm upper body and not to do
unnecessary movements, it's possbile with good control of the skis.

Skiing without poles reduces aerodynamic drag, and skiing on flat
board/ski reduces frictions, and how to control the ski without re-
introducing all those elements back? "Moving without moving"--and
that's Taichi, the "advanced stuff." If you cannot see that, you
haven't got a clue what "advanced stuff" is. The techniques that you
are wrangling about only a lower end of skiing; in the end, the high
end skiing is all mental.

Your videos put your experience and skill in question, that's
the whole point. VtSkier says you're fast and ski well so why
don't you video any of that stuff?

Those video clips were shot at the same location where VtSkier and I
skied, Bashful, Sierra-at-Tahoe, and I "generally" skied faster than
he. Your denial shows.

Yeah, on a different run probably on a different slope in
different wind-conditions. Your argument is pretty weak.

45mph is 45 mph, it doesn't matter where you ski it. Your argument
reflects your denial. If you think that you can ski 45mph on a
beginner slope (as you claimed that I did), I'd like to see that you
do it.

Another interesting question is how you came up with 14 mph,
and 20mph figures?

The 14mph came from observing some of the clips you sent. I've
noticed later that you go faster in some other clips, maybe even 25+ mph.

So you have no way to really measure your observation, you are only BS
yourself.

No, I haven't got a camera fast enough to catch my straightlining run
from the side, here's a 50 mph run (estimated),http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningh.wmv

Hah!! 50mph = 80kmh!! You are not even close, but borderline
delusional. You think you're as fast or faster than World Cup
giant slalom participants? Please get real, next time surprise
yourself by straightlining with a GPS.

I do Chinese Downhill, and it's generally faster than a GS run.

What you don't understand doesn't invalid a proven theory.
The arrogance is yours.

What proven theory? What have you proved and how?

"So, it shows that Flatboarding, as a system of techniques, can do
alpine skiing, tele, snowboarding, and rollerblading, and equally
well. That IS "ONE" Way to ski them all. But you don't see that
technical ability; all you can see (not that you see them correctly)
is flat grounds, small bumps, and waving hands. No, I don't think that
you have what it takes to comprehend what you see."

Even the teachers here don't understand your terminology

So, "what you don't understand doesn't invalid a proven theory."

and everyone thinks that your videos show absolutely nothing
even remotely challenging.

Not everyone, only 'net gapers' denial.

I think is you who seriously lost yourself. Do you make
"corner-turn"within the line that you travel on? Maybe the
RR-track skiing is out of your league.

What you say?? Non capisco!!

"Maybe the RR-track skiing is out of your league."

Actually, that'll be a might fine technique if you can ski
all-mountain without controlling/braking the speed.

That's quite impossible if the snow isn't deep.

Your "impossible" is only your speculation, and it is the "possible"
side of the technique makes it a "mighty fine technique."

Here in Europe most of the good skiing and snow is above the
treeline,there's little I can do about it. I've skied in the
US once, I fondly remember making my practically first turn in
the state of Wyoming in the Corbett's Couloir in Jackson Hole.
The beer afterwards was well-deserved.

Europe eh, I was wondering where you ski. How do you compare that trip
with your Europe skiing?

Yah, good snow is a pleasure to ski on, but it is the crapy snow that
demands and reflects good skiing skills.

Can also be the most dangerous one due to avalanche danger. Anyway, I
love the off-piste part and being on the mountain, doing the route-
finding and being responsible for one's own choices. Nothing beats
starting from a glacier and ending down on a bottom of a green valley.
Would I change that to a skatebording park? No.

Yup, I have done quite a bit back-country in Alaska in my younger
days,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_p_tele3.jpg
No, I would not change that to terrain parks, but nevertheless, I
would not say that ski off-piste is more technical demanding than ski
the terrain parks.

Line-skiing turns without turning,http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningh.wmv

That's lame-skiing without skiing. Or perhaps flatlining
without corner-turning?

You may not know it, "a blind cat runs into a dead mouse"--lucky, you
stomp onto it.

"Skiing without skiing"--no-mind skiing (zen-skiing)--is the goal/
practice of Taichi Skiing.

And 50mph....ROTFLMAO!

Silly.

No, you're inventing your own terminology. That's not an achievement,
but a colossal ****-up. You can easily fix it, by reading a couple of
books on skiing techniques so why don't you?

No, since I can do what I described, the "colossal ****-up" is yours.

No it is not. Nobody understands what you're trying to
communicate in writing, that should be a big clue.

Well, "Taichi Skiing: the Dance of the Cosmos" was a "published"
article,
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=318
that should give you an even bigger clue.

Wisen up.

Ditto.

But you think that only "one" particular way to present an
English meaning?

You've failed to communicate, getting all philosophical after
the fact is not going to help.

Or just you failed to receive; denial won't change the fact.

You are the one throwing blanket claims about "flatboarding"
from your ivory tower.

Not really, Taichi Skiing is an open system, and flatboarding is an
open technique, there's no "tower"/limitation to enclose them. What's
sorry about your "a degree or two..." is after you got the degrees you
are not getting any smarter, but get stuck on your partitioned
knowledge.

IS

Old May 24th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On May 24, 6:09 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:
On May 23, 9:36 am, Evojeesus wrote:

On May 23, 4:40 pm, taichiskiing
wrote.

As you repeated your failed arrogant argument--a 4-old skis faster
than me--

I've seen 4-year olds do 14mph, while going straight, and without
poles.

Really? unfortunately, the terrain parks are a part of mountain
nowadays, don't think you can be "one with the mountain" without it.

My current favourite mountain does not have marked trails (except for
two blue groomed ones for beginners), skipatrol or restrictions on
where one may go. I much prefer untamed mountains to Disneyland.

Sounds a cool little hideout, however, if you only have a limited
access to the mountain and its facilities, it'll be hard pressed for
you to have a more feature-rich all-mountain skiing experience.

Trails, crowds and restrictions limit the all-mountain skiing
experience a lot more than lack of a terrain park, for example.

Where's the clip you're doing 45mph in? Anyway, one can only
'straightline' very tame terrain due to obvious reasons.

Not really, that's "only" your part of assumption. I seldom
straightlining on the blacks, (nevertheless, I've done that,) it just
too fast a speed for most of ski resort environments.

Sure it is too fast. Why don't film any of your fast stuff, BTW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwBG67NVaJQ
wolfgang2

That's nice. He seems to be doing 10 m/s which is about 22mph +- 20%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWOJESFfuWk
wolfgang1

That's faster, maybe even 30-35 before he starts spinning. Not very
fast either.

I'm not pretending to be a skiing-instructor-guru with new and
radical groundbreaking ideas.

Yeah, you just pretend you know more about skiing than a skiing-
instructor-guru.

I would not be surprised if I managed better on difficult terrain than
you. Difficult to tell as you have no advanced clips of yourself and I
on the other hand avoid shallow blue trails like those in your clips
like the plague.

Your videos show quite fun intermediate level
skiing but there's nothing much revolutionary or advanced in them, so
please tone down the hype a little bit. If your technique is usable in
blue groomed slopes it hardly proves the idea all over the mountain.

Pretending that you only see an intermediate level skiing only
reflects your intermediate level of observation, not going to help you
to prove your argument, but only reflects your pathetic denial.

You're the one in denial. Noboby seems to understand you correctly or
agree that flatboarding is a breakthrough technique. Why were you
banned from the Epicski forums by the way? Didn't the accomplished
skiers there buy your BS?

Your credibility has gone years ago due to the material you
posted but you don't seem to realize or care.

No, I haven't changed, and my words still stand after all these years,
and that's where the credibility stays. Meanwhile, your credibility
has been poked full of holes, "but you don't seem to realize or care."

Repeat: You're the one in denial. Noboby seems to understand you
correctly or agree that flatboarding is a breakthrough technique. Why
were you banned from the Epicski forums by the way? Didn't the
accomplished skiers there buy your BS?

Anything you do extra generates more aerodynamic drags and
frictions, which undermine you're your performance. The real
"advanced stuff" in skiing is to eliminate or to reduce
those drags and frictions, how do you do it?

Is that why you spread your arms and don't tuck when you
straightline those beginner-slopes?

So you get stuck on the beginner-slopes?

You forgot to answer why you try to maximize air drag by flailing/
spreading your arms and not tucking.

Anyway, I try to keep a calm upper body and not to do
unnecessary movements, it's possbile with good control of the skis.

Skiing without poles reduces aerodynamic drag, and skiing on flat
board/ski reduces frictions, and how to control the ski without re-
introducing all those elements back?

People who stand well on the skis don't have to correct their posture
with hand movements very much in my experience.

"Moving without moving"--and
that's Taichi, the "advanced stuff." If you cannot see that, you
haven't got a clue what "advanced stuff" is.

Your videos are lame according to just about anyone, and that's not my
fault.

The techniques that you
are wrangling about only a lower end of skiing; in the end, the high
end skiing is all mental.

Do you do any high-level skiing? How many percent of your time do you
spend on non-groomed slopes or off-piste (I prefer the latter as I
don't really like moguls).

Your videos put your experience and skill in question, that's
the whole point. VtSkier says you're fast and ski well so why
don't you video any of that stuff?

Those video clips were shot at the same location where VtSkier and I
skied, Bashful, Sierra-at-Tahoe, and I "generally" skied faster than
he. Your denial shows.

You didn't answer my question. Why don't you post any videos about
that? That would shut the people who mock you very quickly, unless
your techniques suck.

Yeah, on a different run probably on a different slope in
different wind-conditions. Your argument is pretty weak.

45mph is 45 mph, it doesn't matter where you ski it.

I was trying to make the point that you measured another run, not the
one on the video.

Another interesting question is how you came up with 14 mph,
and 20mph figures?

The 14mph came from observing some of the clips you sent. I've
noticed later that you go faster in some other clips, maybe even 25+ mph.

So you have no way to really measure your observation, you are only BS
yourself.

I can time a second and estimate how much terrain you cover in that
time.

No, I haven't got a camera fast enough to catch my straightlining run
from the side, here's a 50 mph run (estimated),http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningh.wmv

Hah!! 50mph = 80kmh!! You are not even close, but borderline
delusional. You think you're as fast or faster than World Cup
giant slalom participants? Please get real, next time surprise
yourself by straightlining with a GPS.

I do Chinese Downhill, and it's generally faster than a GS run.

What's Chinese Downhill and where are the videos. Anyway, you are not
doing even close to 50mph in the straightlining clip. 30mph or a bit
more is more like it. Nor bad but nothing to brag about either.

What you don't understand doesn't invalid a proven theory.
The arrogance is yours.

What proven theory? What have you proved and how?

"So, it shows that Flatboarding, as a system of techniques, can do
alpine skiing, tele, snowboarding, and rollerblading, and equally
well. That IS "ONE" Way to ski them all. But you don't see that
technical ability; all you can see (not that you see them correctly)
is flat grounds, small bumps, and waving hands. No, I don't think that
you have what it takes to comprehend what you see."

Show me the proof. Steep? Ice? Crud? Deep powder? Narrow hard
couloirs? Black groomed runs or even red ones? High speed carving
turns?

Even the teachers here don't understand your terminology

So, "what you don't understand doesn't invalid a proven theory."

Prove us that your technique works in the abovementioned situations,
please.

and everyone thinks that your videos show absolutely nothing
even remotely challenging.

Not everyone, only 'net gapers' denial.

The clips are incredibly lame and you show seriously bad form in some
of them, like in the clip about moguls. Doesn't this prove that your
teachings suck?

I think is you who seriously lost yourself. Do you make
"corner-turn"within the line that you travel on? Maybe the
RR-track skiing is out of your league.

What you say?? Non capisco!!

"Maybe the RR-track skiing is out of your league."

Is RR railroad? Can you carve without slipping like ski-racers? I
doubt it.

What's corner-turning?

Actually, that'll be a might fine technique if you can ski
all-mountain without controlling/braking the speed.

That's quite impossible if the snow isn't deep.

Your "impossible" is only your speculation, and it is the "possible"
side of the technique makes it a "mighty fine technique."

I like to ski places that are 30+ degrees steep and off-piste. Good
luck skiing that without controlling your speed. If you can do that
you really have balls of steel and a very respectable technical
ability.

Here in Europe most of the good skiing and snow is above the
treeline,there's little I can do about it. I've skied in the
US once, I fondly remember making my practically first turn in
the state of Wyoming in the Corbett's Couloir in Jackson Hole.
The beer afterwards was well-deserved.

Europe eh, I was wondering where you ski. How do you compare that trip
with your Europe skiing?

US: Better snow, much smaller mountains and more restrictions. That
was 15+ years ago though, maybe there are less restrictions now.

Yah, good snow is a pleasure to ski on, but it is the crapy snow that
demands and reflects good skiing skills.

Exactly. On off-piste the snow is usually demanding. How many days of
off-piste skiing do you do of those 120 days per season?

"Skiing without skiing"--no-mind skiing (zen-skiing)--is the goal/
practice of Taichi Skiing.

Wow.

No, you're inventing your own terminology. That's not an achievement,
but a colossal ****-up. You can easily fix it, by reading a couple of
books on skiing techniques so why don't you?

No, since I can do what I described, the "colossal ****-up" is yours.

But you cannot describe what you do, and that is the problem! You
might be the world's most wonderful teacher face-to-face but in
written conversation your attempt to communicate completely fails.
Read 2-3 books about skiing, really, it's not that big an effort.

Old May 24th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article .com,
taichiskiing wrote:

Hi Tai Chi Skier,

You are really teetering on netkook behavior here. What you have done,
from my perspective, is to have posted some videos of you on groomed
blues and one run through the super pipe, all without poles and but with
much hand waving. You claim you ride the skis flat and don't use the
edges for turning, and you refuse to use the accepted "language" of
skiing, choosing instead to invent your own terminology.

You claim to be an expert skier and practitioner of this "new school" of
skiing, but can neither describe it nor defend it when challenged. Part
of being an expert is being able to describe and defend you techniques
and theory in discussion. This is true of martial arts as well. With
this in mind, let's look at your most recent response

As you repeated your failed arrogant argument--a 4-old skis faster
than me--then it really reflects your low intelligent level. Most of
reasonable mature adults won't believe such a claim, but you don't
seem to know that. So, "if you believe that, you're dumber than
yourself realized." Maybe it's just a mistake, you were just bashing
without realizing how stupid the argument is, but the second time
around after it failed? So, "Even 4-year olds learn from their
mistakes," but apparently, you don't.

Here you are being both arrogant and defensive. Evojeesus didn't say
you weren't capable of skiing faster than a 4 year old, simply that in
the footage you posted, you didn't appear to be skiing faster than a 4
year old.

You are insulting regarding his ability to judge your speed, yet, you
don't provide any counter evidence that you were going as fast as you
say you were.

If you are going to make claims, at least make some effort to back them
up. It's entirely possible that you felt like you were going much
faster than you actually were. I've stood on a surfboard going 10 mph
and felt like I was flying and stood in a jet liner traveling 500 mph
and felt like I was standing still.

You can't simply post some grainy footage of you on a blue run waving
your arms around and then demand that people who see it "prove" your
actual speed.

My current favourite mountain does not have marked trails (except for
two blue groomed ones for beginners), skipatrol or restrictions on
where one may go. I much prefer untamed mountains to Disneyland.

Sounds a cool little hideout, however, if you only have a limited
access to the mountain and its facilities, it'll be hard pressed for
you to have a more feature-rich all-mountain skiing experience.

He tells you his mountain has very little groomed runs, no ski patrol
and no ropes. It sounds pretty danged hardcore to me. He is telling
you that he is doing real "all mountain" skiing and you respond by
lamenting that he doesn't have access to the whole mountain and doesn't
enjoy "a more feature-rich all-mountain skiing experience." This
response, literally, makes you look stupid. Especially in light of your
apparent fondness for blue runs.

And again, there is nothing wrong with messing around on blue runs, and
I frequently find places to eat lunch at the bottom of them, but posting
videos of you going down them and then talking about enjoying the "all
mountain experience" is just silly.

Not really, that's "only" your part of assumption. I seldom
straightlining on the blacks, (nevertheless, I've done that,) it just
too fast a speed for most of ski resort environments.

The very first time I put on a pair of snow skis, I "flat boarded" in a
straight line down "Panda Ridge" at Buttermilk and I did enough hand
waving for 2 tai chi skiers. I'm pretty sure I was going in excess of
200 mph too. Had it been video taped, it probably would have been hard
to judge the speed, but I am positive it was 200 mph. The instructor
much have been going even faster, because he caught up to me.

I'm not pretending to be a skiing-instructor-guru with new and
radical groundbreaking ideas.

Yeah, you just pretend you know more about skiing than a skiing-
instructor-guru.

If you are going to call yourself a "skiing-instructor-guru" then you
need to present yourself as one. Being petty, defensive, making wild
claims and not being able to back them up makes you look like a
charlatan or netkook.

It may be that you are in fact a skiing-instructor-guru with a
breakthrough new school of skiing. If that is the case, and you want to
be an effective advocate for it, you need to be able to both demonstrate
it and describe it. Riding blues without poles is something that a lot
of people here can do capably.

Pretending that you only see an intermediate level skiing only
reflects your intermediate level of observation, not going to help you
to prove your argument, but only reflects your pathetic denial.

See. That's what I'm talking about. When I look at your videos, I see
(and I don't claim any particular expertise) a guy skiing at an
intermediate level. Now, it may not be possible to ski at an advanced
or expert level on that sort of terrain. If you are doing something
special or noteworthy, you should describe it.

No, I haven't changed, and my words still stand after all these years,
and that's where the credibility stays. Meanwhile, your credibility
has been poked full of holes, "but you don't seem to realize or care."

Here you are obviously getting frustrated. Sadly, when you do that, you
start sounding a little like Scott. For example, you haven't
established your credibility, nor have you poked Evojeesus's "poked full
of holes." Trumpeting that you have just makes you look silly.

No, what's your "experience" in skiing is still in question, and the
question was a challenge to your skiing knowledge.

Describe it (the "feeling" of the flatboarding), please.

How about you define "flat boarding" first. Since I only ever flat
boarded once, during the aforementioned skiing lesson, I can assure you
the feeling was terrifying although I found the technique rather easy.

Is that why you spread your arms and don't tuck when you
straightline those beginner-slopes?

So you get stuck on the beginner-slopes?

I think he is alluding to the fact that you claim not using poles
lessens your wind resistance (to about the same degree as not having a
bobbin on your toque would) but then stand up straight and hold your
arms out to the side in a position that is positively operatic. (aside:
opera singers aren't usually known for their low wind resistance.)

Skiing without poles reduces aerodynamic drag, and skiing on flat
board/ski reduces frictions, and how to control the ski without re-
introducing all those elements back? "Moving without moving"--and
that's Taichi, the "advanced stuff." If you cannot see that, you
haven't got a clue what "advanced stuff" is.

When you get frustrated, you revert back to this whole "it's too
advanced to explain" nonsense. Honestly, I think that's one of the
failings of Tai Chi. Tai Chi has many, many wonderful benefits, but
because as a rule, you do it alone and don't "challenge" one another as
you might with karate, it leaves you untested and open to make many
claims that can't actually be supported except by how you experience it.
Thus, "moving without moving" might be a valid claim for "Tai Chi in the
park guy," but met with skepticism if you're "posting videos of groomed
blue runs guy."

I think we might be getting somewhere. Let's say you are "Tai Chi in
the park guy" and I am "playing frisbee in the park with labrador
retriever guy." We have both mastered the basics of park enjoyment.
But if you were to come up to me and try to tell me that you're using
the park at a far more advanced level than I, then you would appear to
be a nut.

The techniques that you
are wrangling about only a lower end of skiing; in the end, the high
end skiing is all mental.

When I was a kid, my dad had a riding lawn mower. When I first learned
how to drive it, it took a fair amount of concentration and effort.
After I mastered it's basic operation, I used to imagine that it was a
race car or a lunar exploration vehicle. That is, once I learned the
basics, my primary enjoyment of using it came from my imagination. Now,
imagine if I told you that to truly master lawn mowing, you must imagine
that you're driving in the Indy 500?

I have no doubt that you enjoy skiing and that you Tai Chi has added to
your ability to enjoy it. But if you are going to be such a vocal
advocate of it, you should be able to demonstrate what it adds to the
skiers skill set. You haven't done that yet.

Your videos put your experience and skill in question, that's
the whole point. VtSkier says you're fast and ski well so why
don't you video any of that stuff?

Those video clips were shot at the same location where VtSkier and I
skied, Bashful, Sierra-at-Tahoe, and I "generally" skied faster than
he. Your denial shows.

If I ever met VtSkier, I'd immediately buy him a pitcher of his beverage
of choice, but whether or not you happen to ski faster than him,
particularly on your "home mountain" doesn't really mean much.

45mph is 45 mph, it doesn't matter where you ski it. Your argument
reflects your denial. If you think that you can ski 45mph on a
beginner slope (as you claimed that I did), I'd like to see that you
do it.

Oh yes it does matter where you ski it. But that does raise an
interesting question. How fast can you go on a green? I'm betting if
it's long enough, you can go pretty fast.

The 14mph came from observing some of the clips you sent. I've
noticed later that you go faster in some other clips, maybe even 25+ mph.

So you have no way to really measure your observation, you are only BS
yourself.

That's what I would have guessed too. If you have some evidence to
suggest that you were going faster, then you should present it. If you
told me that you had a friend with a radar gun on you or had used one of
those timed race runs they have at the mountain, I'd give it more
credence, but "it felt like 45 mph" doesn't get you very far.

Hah!! 50mph = 80kmh!! You are not even close, but borderline
delusional. You think you're as fast or faster than World Cup
giant slalom participants? Please get real, next time surprise
yourself by straightlining with a GPS.

I do Chinese Downhill, and it's generally faster than a GS run.

That is a non-sequitur and does nothing to support your claim of going
50 mph in that clip. People who've looked at it and measured your
distance traveled in 1 second don't believe you were going that fast.

"So, it shows that Flatboarding, as a system of techniques, can do
alpine skiing, tele, snowboarding, and rollerblading, and equally
well. That IS "ONE" Way to ski them all. But you don't see that
technical ability; all you can see (not that you see them correctly)
is flat grounds, small bumps, and waving hands. No, I don't think that
you have what it takes to comprehend what you see."

Okay, more spiritual BS. All I see is "lat grounds, small bumps, and
waving hands" too. Again, I have no doubt that Tai Chi helps you with
all those activities. Really. But if you are going to tout your "'ONE'
Way" of skiing, roller blading etc, then you need to be able to describe
what you're doing. Chastising others for falling to see your obvious
awesomeness isn't going to accomplish much.

So, "what you don't understand doesn't invalid a proven theory."

Okay "proven theory." You're using words I like, but not in the order I
like to see them

What is the theory? How you answer this will go a long way to
establishing your credibilty. Or not.

and everyone thinks that your videos show absolutely nothing
even remotely challenging.

Not everyone, only 'net gapers' denial.

Okay, who has seen this and posted they have seen anything other than
you on bland terrain appearing to go slower than your claimed speed.

That's lame-skiing without skiing. Or perhaps flatlining
without corner-turning?

You may not know it, "a blind cat runs into a dead mouse"--lucky, you
stomp onto it.

I think he was making fun of your Humpty Dumptian shifting vocabulary
and stringing together of nonsensical words.

(Humpty Dumpty: "words mean what I want them to mean, nothing else,
nothing more.")

No, you're inventing your own terminology. That's not an achievement,
but a colossal ****-up. You can easily fix it, by reading a couple of
books on skiing techniques so why don't you?

No, since I can do what I described, the "colossal ****-up" is yours.

Have you ever looked at the websites of the guys who are "this close" to
getting their perpetual motion machines to work? They are the
undisputed kings of non-standard terminology. They talk about newtonian
physics not applying to their design, negative energy and things
"exploding inwards." They can't describe the physics behind their
non-working devices because they either don't know or reject the
vocabulary of science.

Well, "Taichi Skiing: the Dance of the Cosmos" was a "published"
article,
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=318
that should give you an even bigger clue.

Actually "ezine with a horoscope" gave me an even bigger clue.

Not really, Taichi Skiing is an open system, and flatboarding is an
open technique, there's no "tower"/limitation to enclose them. What's
sorry about your "a degree or two..." is after you got the degrees you
are not getting any smarter, but get stuck on your partitioned
knowledge.

Again. Stop with the insults and educate us. Or don't educate us. But
if you you're not, then stop making claims without evidence and then get
defensive and insulting when people are skeptical.

Bruce Lee couldsay "be like water" and "no way is way" because he could
demonstrate that his "new" way worked. You haven't done that.

Dave
Old May 24th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
Skiing without poles reduces aerodynamic drag,

With your arms stuck straight out - I DON'T THINK SO!

What an idiot!

Bob

Old May 24th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Dave Cartman wrote:

(snip)

If I ever met VtSkier, I'd immediately buy him a pitcher of his beverage
of choice, but whether or not you happen to ski faster than him,
particularly on your "home mountain" doesn't really mean much.

(snip)

Dave

Where shall we meet?
Old May 25th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

wrote:

On May 23, 9:36 am, Evojeesus wrote:
On May 23, 4:40 pm, taichiskiing
wrote.

As you repeated your failed arrogant argument--a 4-old skis
faster than me--

I've seen 4-year olds do 14mph, while going straight, and
without poles.

Very shrewd observation.

Sounds a cool little hideout, however, if you only have a limited
access to the mountain and its facilities, it'll be hard pressed for
you to have a more feature-rich all-mountain skiing experience.

Trails, crowds and restrictions limit the all-mountain skiing
experience a lot more than lack of a terrain park, for example.

Well, the trails, crowds and restrictions remain parts of all-
mountain, so the "all"-mountain skiing cannot do without them. Just as
because you can drive a country road fast, doesn't mean you can handle
L.A.'s freeway traffic.

Not really, that's "only" your part of assumption. I seldom
straightlining on the blacks, (nevertheless, I've done that,) it just
too fast a speed for most of ski resort environments.

Sure it is too fast. Why don't film any of your fast stuff, BTW?

I don't have a cameraman to go with me, most of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwBG67NVaJQ
wolfgang2

That's nice. He seems to be doing 10 m/s which is about 22mph +- 20%

Can you spin at 22mph? Can you spin at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWOJESFfuWk
wolfgang1

That's faster, maybe even 30-35 before he starts spinning. Not
very fast either.

You missed his backward carving.

Yeah, you just pretend you know more about skiing than a
skiing-instructor-guru.

I would not be surprised if I managed better on difficult
terrain than you. Difficult to tell as you have no advanced
clips of yourself and I on the other hand avoid shallow blue
trails like those in your clips like the plague.

Yup, it looks like, maybe, you cannot handle the blues when there's
crowds on the trails?

Pretending that you only see an intermediate level skiing
only reflects your intermediate level of observation, not
going to help you to prove your argument, but only reflects
your pathetic denial.

You're the one in denial. Noboby seems to understand you
correctly or agree that flatboarding is a breakthrough technique.

Actually, flatboarding is a technique ahead of its time.

Why were you banned from the Epicski forums by the way?

"Epicski," you mean those "'barking' bears"? That's how small
knowledge works, ban it, when they cannot confront the arguments/
reasons.

Didn't the accomplished skiers there buy your BS?

"They are just like old-time elementary school teachers, after talked
so loftily in a little domain for so long, they thought they knew all
the answers, and given directions/answers even they didn't fully
understand the questions..." My challenges/questions to them are still
on the table unanswered.

Here's the thread, good read,
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...ghlight=taichi

No, I haven't changed, and my words still stand after all these years,
and that's where the credibility stays. Meanwhile, your credibility
has been poked full of holes, "but you don't seem to realize or care."

Repeat: You're the one in denial. Noboby seems to understand
you correctly or agree that flatboarding is a breakthrough
technique. Why were you banned from the Epicski forums by the
way? Didn't the accomplished skiers there buy your BS?

Too many mediocre around.

Actually, I'm glad that they ban it. (1), it fulfills my prediction
that they rather ban me than facing my challenge on their static/stale
skiing knowledge. (2), with their so well established (PSIA) skiing
knowledge base, they cannot win the arguments of Taichi Skiing/
Flatboarding, and have to ban me to keep their sanity, it really gives
the legitimacy and validity of Taichi Skiing/Flatboarding's arguments.

So you get stuck on the beginner-slopes?

You forgot to answer why you try to maximize air drag by
flailing/spreading your arms and not tucking.

Fly like a bird? No, we human can't fly, but we can soar. The arms,
served as balance and/or counter-weight, have the motion on their own;
nevertheless, "I" don't move them, they move with the body. And to
maintain a dynamical maneuverability, I don't tuck, even in
straightlining.

Skiing without poles reduces aerodynamic drag, and skiing on
flat board/ski reduces frictions, and how to control the ski
without re-introducing all those elements back?

People who stand well on the skis don't have to correct their
posture with hand movements very much in my experience.

It depends on what kind of line they are skiing on; nevertheless, they
always move the poles, and that's "hand movements."

"Moving without moving"--and
that's Taichi, the "advanced stuff." If you cannot see
that, you haven't got a clue what "advanced stuff" is.

Your videos are lame according to just about anyone, and
that's not my fault.

Not everyone, only the 'net bashers, and only they don't know how lame
their arguments are.

The techniques that you
are wrangling about only a lower end of skiing; in the end,
the high end skiing is all mental.

Do you do any high-level skiing?

Yes, line-skiing is always high-level. Taichi Skiing is a moving
meditation.

How many percent of your time
do you spend on non-groomed slopes or off-piste (I prefer the
latter as I don't really like moguls).

There were times I skied nothing but the blacks and moguls, all day
long, so, moguls/turning is no longer attracting me. Nowadays I pretty
much split half-n-half between trails and terrain parks or trees. And
I do bumps only when the snow is good.

Those video clips were shot at the same location where
VtSkier and I skied, Bashful, Sierra-at-Tahoe, and I
"generally" skied faster than he. Your denial shows.

You didn't answer my question. Why don't you post any videos
about that?

About what?

That would shut the people who mock you very
quickly, unless your techniques suck.

Yes, I did, only one person from the 'net has skied with me, that's
VtSkier, and he has changed his mind about my skiing, and courageously
admitted on the 'net. Don't think that you 'net bashers have such
courage to even acknowledge your own mockery.

45mph is 45 mph, it doesn't matter where you ski it.

I was trying to make the point that you measured another run,
not the one on the video.

Are you saying that you partition the skiing as "one run at a time"?

So you have no way to really measure your observation, you
are only BS yourself.

I can time a second and estimate how much terrain you cover in
that time.

Very good, you can even "estimate" the terrain/distance covered in
video clip, how? though I doubt it. Why just the speed directly, by
observing the background movements?

I do Chinese Downhill, and it's generally faster than a GS run.

What's Chinese Downhill and where are the videos. Anyway, you are not
doing even close to 50mph in the straightlining clip. 30mph or a bit
more is more like it. Nor bad but nothing to brag about either.

That's only your mentality, I don't brag, just show you an estimate,
like your 14mph.

"So, it shows that Flatboarding, as a system of techniques, can do
alpine skiing, tele, snowboarding, and rollerblading, and equally
well. That IS "ONE" Way to ski them all. But you don't see that
technical ability; all you can see (not that you see them correctly)
is flat grounds, small bumps, and waving hands. No, I don't think that
you have what it takes to comprehend what you see."

Show me the proof. Steep? Ice? Crud? Deep powder? Narrow hard
couloirs? Black groomed runs or even red ones? High speed
carving turns?

Well, I don't mind to show you all that if you fund the expedition.

So, "what you don't understand doesn't invalid a proven theory."

Prove us that your technique works in the abovementioned
situations, please.

Well, I don't mind to show you all that if you fund the expedition.

Not everyone, only 'net gapers' denial.

The clips are incredibly lame and you show seriously bad form
in some of them, like in the clip about moguls. Doesn't this
prove that your teachings suck?

Of course, from your lame observation, what else?

"Maybe the RR-track skiing is out of your league."

Is RR railroad? Can you carve without slipping like ski-
racers? I doubt it.

you may doubt.

What's corner-turning?

Steering the wheels so they turn a corner.

Your "impossible" is only your speculation, and it is the "possible"
side of the technique makes it a "mighty fine technique."

I like to ski places that are 30+ degrees steep and off-piste.
Good luck skiing that without controlling your speed. If you
can do that you really have balls of steel and a very
respectable technical ability.

I think most of US western mountains black mogul fields are around 40
degrees, as well as Heavenly Face and Gunbarrel, and I was one of the
"Face rats."

Europe eh, I was wondering where you ski. How do you compare
that trip with your Europe skiing?

US: Better snow, much smaller mountains and more restrictions. That
was 15+ years ago though, maybe there are less restrictions now.

Yah, good snow is a pleasure to ski on, but it is the crapy
snow that demands and reflects good skiing skills.

Exactly. On off-piste the snow is usually demanding. How many
days of off-piste skiing do you do of those 120 days per season?

"Skiing without skiing"--no-mind skiing (zen-skiing)--is the
goal/practice of Taichi Skiing.

Wow.

Indeed.

No, since I can do what I described, the "colossal ****-up" is yours.

But you cannot describe what you do, and that is the problem!
You might be the world's most wonderful teacher face-to-face
but in written conversation your attempt to communicate
completely fails. Read 2-3 books about skiing, really, it's
not that big an effort.

Taichi Skiing is in the realm of no-mind, and the practice is to get
rid of worldly words/mind so the body can return to its original
nature--swift and non-abiding--so, reading more books will not help
the cause/skiing. Learn to ski with the feet/feeling makes a better
sense.

IS

Old May 25th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article . com,
taichiskiing wrote:

Here's the thread, good read,
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...ghlight=taichi

Thank you. I now realize everything I have said to you has been said
before.

Dave
Old May 25th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
VtSkier wrote:

Dave Cartman wrote:

(snip)

If I ever met VtSkier, I'd immediately buy him a pitcher of his beverage
of choice, but whether or not you happen to ski faster than him,
particularly on your "home mountain" doesn't really mean much.

(snip)

Dave

Where shall we meet?

I probably won't be back in Utah again until January... and I'm a
"owboarder-snA"

I'm be in Nashville in a couple of weeks but mostly I stay in my beloved
Hawaii (Oahu) Are you going to be out here?

Dave