Attitrash

Old March 15th 04, 06:37 PM
Richard Henry

Default Attitrash

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:

The way these things work (everywhere) Bode will collect a fee. For the
fee he will let his name be used in adverts, he will come around when in
town and ski a training run with the local race team, ski with the boss
and any well connected clients, give some advice to the coaches, and
head back to Europe. If he's really cool (which I think he is, from all
reports), he'll watch the local race team train and offer each kid some
specific advice; and the kids will feel super and the parents will feel
super. In fact, the money he collects will be well earned, because if
done right Bretton Woods will pop way up in visibility to skiers which
will translate to the bottom line.

Why the hell is Bode mucking around with a snooty NH ski mountain more
widely known as the site of historic financial conferences shaping the
global economy, when he should be at his home hill: Cannon?

Cannon is run by the State of New Hampshire. He would get entry-level
civil-servant wages there.

Old March 15th 04, 08:27 PM
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:

Why the hell is Bode mucking around with a snooty NH ski mountain more
widely known as the site of historic financial conferences shaping the
global economy, when he should be at his home hill: Cannon?

Money.

I'm shocked SHOCKED! that a professional athlete would engage in
endorsements for money. What's the world coming to?

--
//-Walt
//
Old March 15th 04, 10:13 PM
Mary Malmros

lal_truckee wrote:

[...]

I suspect you and lal are both wrong. When was the last time you
heard of a state-run ski area even trying to find celebrity
endorsements, or running much of anything in the way of high
visibility programs? I very much doubt they even approached him; if
they had, who's to say he wouldn't have gone for it? It's not like
he needs the money.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Old March 15th 04, 11:53 PM
lal_truckee

Mary Malmros wrote:
It's not like
he needs the money.

Bode's felt he's been underpaid for several years now (he's correct.)
Remeber the "This Space For Rent" on his helmet forehead a couple of
years ago? So don't rule out money.
Old March 16th 04, 02:36 AM
LePheaux

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Mary Malmros wrote:
It's not like
he needs the money.

Bode's felt he's been underpaid for several years now (he's correct.)
Remeber the "This Space For Rent" on his helmet forehead a couple of
years ago? So don't rule out money.

Never rule out the money !

Old March 16th 04, 06:32 PM
Chuck

Dave Stallard wrote in
:

lal_truckee wrote:

[...]

Dave

I think they're owned by the same folks. Last year we skied the woods for
5 days and were told the lift tickets could be used at BW or Cannon.
--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email