Snow Summit & Bear Mountain 2-26-12

Old February 27th 12, 09:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Snow Summit & Bear Mountain 2-26-12

Skied fromn 8 to 3:30. Conditions were excellent -sunny, cold,
complete coverage small crowds. The Wall was as good as I have ever
seen it - groomed side to side, no bumps, no crowd. Side Chute and
Olympic were almost as good, but Dicky;s and Off Chute were left
ungroomed and bumpy.

I started the day withh11 rides up Chair 2, trying to find different
ways down each time.

I took the shuttle over to Bear Mt and back in the afternoon, The bus
was packed both ways.

On the first run, I spun out on an icy patch hiding just over the brow
of the first steep pitch on Mirascle Mile. I fell and both sklis
released. The surface was too hard for the brakes toi grab, so both
skis headed for the woods, It took 15 minutes and the help of 2 kids
who had seen me fall from the chairlift to find the second one just
over the lipof the little connector to Summit Run stuck halfway into
the snow in a bush.

Later in the afternoon at Bear Mt, I saw a girl at the bottom of
Geronimo looking halfway up the slope at her skis and poles. To pay
the universe back, I gathered up her gear and skied them down to her.

Back at at SS later in the day, the best skliing on the mountain was
in the strip of Miracle Mile that had been roped off most of the day
because of a snowboard race.

On the way home I got the truck filled up at Costco - $75.

Old February 27th 12, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 27, 2:37*am, Richard Henry wrote:

Later in the afternoon at Bear Mt, I saw a girl at the bottom of
Geronimo looking halfway up the slope at her skis and poles. *To pay
the universe back, I gathered up her gear and skied them down to her.

You believe in karma? Kewl. So what are you going to do to pay the
universe back for your stalking, harassment, defamation, and threats
against me?
Here's a clue. You can start with the contact info for the SPD
officer you lied to. Happy to help him pay the universe back.
Old February 28th 12, 03:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/27/2012 02:37 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

Back at at SS later in the day, the best skliing on the mountain was
in the strip of Miracle Mile that had been roped off most of the day
because of a snowboard race.

On the way home I got the truck filled up at Costco - $75.

The one on Sierra? There have been longer lines there in the last few
months. Fortunately people don't realize that the long hoses are happy
to reach the driver's side, so they tend to line up on the right side of
the pumps and leave the left side open. Arco cheaps out on hoses, which
don't reach unless you have a small car.

We're going to SS tomorrow. Chain controls on now, but maybe they'll be
off by the time we get there and anyway, I'VE GOT CHAINS and I know how
to use them!

Just for curious, is there any significant benefit to putting chains on
all four wheels on a front-wheel-drive car?

--
Cheers, Bev
If you're ever about to be mugged by a couple
Old February 28th 12, 03:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 27, 8:24*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/27/2012 02:37 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

Back at at SS later in the day, the best skliing on the mountain was
in the strip of Miracle Mile that had been roped off most of the day
because of a snowboard race.

On the way home I got the truck filled up at Costco - $75.

The one on Sierra? *There have been longer lines there in the last few
months. *Fortunately people don't realize that the long hoses are happy
to reach the driver's side, so they tend to line up on the right side of
the pumps and leave the left side open. *Arco cheaps out on hoses, which
don't reach unless you have a small car.

I made it down to San Marcos. By coincidence, the five cars in front
of me when I got off the freeway were all headed to Costco for gas.

As for the hoses, they are a pain to use on the minivan or over the
pickup shell. My wife's car, however, has the gas tank opening on the
right.

We're going to SS tomorrow. *Chain controls on now, but maybe they'll be
off by the time we get there and anyway, I'VE GOT CHAINS and I know how
to use them!

Just for curious, is there any significant benefit to putting chains on
all four wheels on a front-wheel-drive car?

So that you know where your spare set of chains is?
Old February 28th 12, 06:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/27/2012 08:57 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Feb 27, 8:24 pm, The Real wrote:
On 02/27/2012 02:37 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

Back at at SS later in the day, the best skliing on the mountain was
in the strip of Miracle Mile that had been roped off most of the day
because of a snowboard race.

On the way home I got the truck filled up at Costco - $75.

I remember the first time I put $40 in the tank, or $100 in the
monsterhome tanks. I remember deciding not to go further into Canada
because gas was $4.xx/gallon. I remember when gas was .25/gallon.

We're going to SS tomorrow. Chain controls on now, but maybe they'll be
off by the time we get there and anyway, I'VE GOT CHAINS and I know how
to use them!

Just for curious, is there any significant benefit to putting chains on
all four wheels on a front-wheel-drive car?

So that you know where your spare set of chains is?

Other than that :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0
Old February 28th 12, 03:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

In my experience, the chains are usually just to get by the patrol, so not
really. Maybe, if it is really glare ice.

Old February 29th 12, 01:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:24:11 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Just for curious, is there any significant benefit to putting chains on
all four wheels on a front-wheel-drive car?

I would say better braking.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.