Off to Tuxedo Ridge

Old February 18th 12, 03:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Default Off to Tuxedo Ridge

Going to run nastar with my son
Old February 18th 12, 05:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 18, 8:52*am, down_hill wrote:
Going to run nastar with my son

I win. Ran Nastar on Thursday in Sun Valley. Schmuck
Old February 19th 12, 12:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

down_hill wrote:
Going to run nastar with my son

Great day
He reduced his handicap and got a bronze 37 sec
I dropped 2 seconds off my time and still silver 25 sec but getting
closer to gold.It felt real good was throwing my skis putting them where
I wanted them just nice runs. Heading to Okemo tomorrow for a weeks
worth of gates.
My knees are killing me which I did not notice till I got home and had
to go up stairs.

Strangely it was 41 degrees and white particles consisting of water were
falling.
Old February 20th 12, 01:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 2/18/2012 11:52 AM, down_hill wrote:
Going to run nastar with my son

WTF is Tuxedo Ridge?

Old February 20th 12, 05:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 2/19/2012 9:47 PM, Walt wrote:
On 2/18/2012 11:52 AM, down_hill wrote:
Going to run nastar with my son

WTF is Tuxedo Ridge?

I believe it's a "ski area" coughcough in....
Connecticut cough.
Old February 20th 12, 11:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

VtSkier wrote:
On 2/19/2012 9:47 PM, Walt wrote:
On 2/18/2012 11:52 AM, down_hill wrote:
Going to run nastar with my son

WTF is Tuxedo Ridge?

I believe it's a "ski area" coughcough in....
Connecticut cough.

No it is right by Bear Mt in Tuxedo NY- right before Mt St Peter. It is
a tiny hill but very friendly and close. about 1 hour in no traffic. &
no shuttle from the parking lot but very close parking for 100 cars
They are very racer friendly you do not have lift lines and to teach a 6
years old and a 4 year old it is perfect.
They let me train with the juniors & HS kids.
Sundown is in Ct along with Mt Southington.

But it is great for practice and training & now I am at Okemo froze real
nice last night so the NASTAR course will be fun and fast

Old February 20th 12, 01:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 2/20/2012 7:43 AM, down_hill wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
On 2/19/2012 9:47 PM, Walt wrote:
On 2/18/2012 11:52 AM, down_hill wrote:
Going to run nastar with my son

WTF is Tuxedo Ridge?

I believe it's a "ski area" coughcough in....
Connecticut cough.

No it is right by Bear Mt in Tuxedo NY- right before Mt St Peter. It is
a tiny hill but very friendly and close. about 1 hour in no traffic. &
no shuttle from the parking lot but very close parking for 100 cars
They are very racer friendly you do not have lift lines and to teach a 6
years old and a 4 year old it is perfect.
They let me train with the juniors & HS kids.
Sundown is in Ct along with Mt Southington.

Ok, the former Sterling Forest. They've changed their name since the
last time I was researching small obscure hills in NY State.

With 400 vertical feet, it would tower over Buck Hill where Lindsay Vonn
learned to race. Which is to say, you don't need a very big hill to
practice running gates. Have fun.

//Walt
Old February 20th 12, 03:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

VtSkier wrote:
On 2/19/2012 9:47 PM, Walt wrote:
On 2/18/2012 11:52 AM, down_hill wrote:
Going to run nastar with my son

WTF is Tuxedo Ridge?

I believe it's a "ski area" coughcough in....
Connecticut cough.

No it is right by Bear Mt in Tuxedo NY- right before Mt St Peter. It is
a tiny hill but very friendly and close. about 1 hour in no traffic. &
no shuttle from the parking lot but very close parking for 100 cars
They are very racer friendly you do not have lift lines and to teach a 6
years old and a 4 year old it is perfect.
They let me train with the juniors & HS kids.
Sundown is in Ct along with Mt Southington.

But it is great for practice and training & now I am at Okemo froze real
nice last night so the NASTAR course will be fun and fast

I've been calling Killington conditions "Race Ready" for weeks now.

Old February 20th 12, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Walt wrote:

Ok, the former Sterling Forest. They've changed their name since the
last time I was researching small obscure hills in NY State.

With 400 vertical feet, it would tower over Buck Hill where Lindsay Vonn
learned to race. Which is to say, you don't need a very big hill to
practice running gates. Have fun.

I did my son has a blast the my wife and the other family that joined us
had a good time also. The tage line for tuxedo/sterling forest is
Biggest Little mountain east of the Rockies...
Just got off the nastar hill here at Okemo. Nice hard conditions moved
myself up in the ranking here. Such a nice day I hear the hot tub
calling.....

Old February 20th 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

VtSkier wrote:

I've been calling Killington conditions "Race Ready" for weeks now.

My first race outing is less than 6 weeks away.

I am looking forward to Thursday it will be my day off from gates.