Food for thought (new thread)

Old June 13th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

Default Food for thought (new thread)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:16:57 -0700 (PDT), taichiskiing
wrote this crap:

Yes, it was called "Chinese Downhill" in the movie "Hot Dogs"; from
the top to the bottom, the skiers choose their own line, and first one
crosses the finish line wins. Yes, choosing one's own line tests not
just the one's skiing skills but mountain knowledge as well. So
Chinese Downhill covers more aspects of all-mountain skiing than those
"on course" ski racing.

Do you know the difference between, "Chinese Downhill," and "Inferno
Racing,"

A mighty Hungarian warrior knows the difference.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old June 13th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Jun 13, 7:28*am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Enlightenment only has meaning to those who pursue it.

The first step on the path to enlightenment is to step off the path to
enlightenment.

The second step is to smite your enemies, enjoy a flagon of mead, and
walk *real* tall.

REAL tall.

I mean, REAL tall.

Old June 14th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jun 13, 7:45 am, lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:47 pm, "JQ" wrote:
You know they
have some extreme competion that the line you chose to get to the bottom of
the mountain is up to you. The only rule is get to the bottom without
killing yourself.

Yes, it was called "Chinese Downhill" in the movie "Hot Dogs"; from
the top to the bottom, the skiers choose their own line, and first one
crosses the finish line wins. Yes, choosing one's own line tests not
just the one's skiing skills but mountain knowledge as well. So
Chinese Downhill covers more aspects of all-mountain skiing than those
"on course" ski racing.

Two items:

One - Alpine Meadows ran an open course downhill this spring summit to
base mass start (called the Mad Cow Downhill - we wouldn't be so coarse
as to misappropriate the fine name of China) - first prize was a Full
Season Pass. Winner schussed the Face, monster moguls and all.

"Mad Cow"? sounds descriptive, nevertheless, I like the name "Chinese
Downhill," fine name makes good race, nothing wrong with it. Come to
think about it, I also like the idea of "head to head Chinese
Downhill" I proposed on the last post. I think I'm going to trademark
it--TCS Downhill, short for TaiChi Skiing Downhill, --or TCS
challenge, if someone would like to challenge me skiing, that's how
we're going to do.

Second - Itchy, you completely missed what JQ was talking about.

Maybe, but I don't think so, since he is not an extreme skier, nor
into the extreme skiing, what he did is called "praise [others'
skiing] high to insinuate [my skiing] low," a common practice for 'net
bashers when they wouldn't want to admit that their opponent was
right.

I suspect JQ was talking about extreme competitions where a selected
nearly impossible slope of cliffs and ravines and wild snow is used for
the "course" and the competitors are judged by selected line difficulty,
panache, and balls, as well as speed. Alpine Meadows (once again) has
been hosting an annual extreme telemarker competition on the keyhole and
the buttress slopes.

Extreme skiing may reflect a skier's courage and spirit but not
necessarily the techniques and skills. TCS Downhill would challenge a
skier's all around abilities of all-mountain skiing, courage and
spirit included.

Maybe we try some next year,
IS
Old June 14th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

taichiskiing wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:47 pm, "JQ" wrote:
[...]

LAL was correct I was referring to extreme downhill ski racing. I looked up
Chinese Downhill racing and it seems to be also an extreme downhill racing,
the promoters just use the term "Chinese Downhill" to signify the race is a
mad rush to the bottom. IS you are saying you have competed in Chinese
Downhill racing and won? They are held once per year at different
locations, which race did you win?

Yes, you are correct I am not an extreme skier. Here again you make
insinuations of my intent about extreme skiers and your low skiing level. I
said no such thing nor did I illude to. Here is your practice to take what
you want something to mean twist it to fit you in a positive way and knock
the original intent. I did not say your skiing was low level, you did!!!
What you have done is what those in denial do all the time, knock down the
questioner and praise oneself. You have not proved your skiing is high
level to this point yet much less to be the ultimate form of high level
skiing. I only asked, have you proved it by competing against others that
put their art on the line. If your system is so ultimate it will be easy
for you to come out victorious and everyone will recognize your ultimate
skiing system. Likewise, if it is a flop you will be luck to finish the
race and not be the butt of every joke.

I suspect JQ was talking about extreme competitions where a selected
nearly impossible slope of cliffs and ravines and wild snow is used for
the "course" and the competitors are judged by selected line difficulty,
panache, and balls, as well as speed. Alpine Meadows (once again) has
been hosting an annual extreme telemarker competition on the keyhole and
the buttress slopes.

Extreme skiing may reflect a skier's courage and spirit but not
necessarily the techniques and skills. TCS Downhill would challenge a
skier's all around abilities of all-mountain skiing, courage and
spirit included.

Extreme skiing most definately reflects a skier's tehniques and skills just
to be a extreme skier you must have courage/spirit. Since there is no such
thing as "TCS Downhill" other than in your own imagination it has no merit
thus can prove nothing. Make it real by having an organized event next
winter opened to the general skiing/boarding population and not just your
students. If you and your students dominate the podium then you will have
proved your point otherwise, it will be wishful thinking.

Maybe we try some next year,
IS

Old June 14th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

taichiskiing wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:47 pm, "JQ" wrote:
[...]

He has challenged anyone in some sort of contest. He will employ his
TCS (total crap skiing?) technique. I will just ski.

I accept Chai Tea's challenge. I'm still wondering how one "wins"
though. Is it a race ? So first one to cross a line ? Is it a
subjective contest of who can get more "enlightened" ?
Old June 14th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jun 14, 8:22 am, "JQ" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

Second - Itchy, you completely missed what JQ was talking about.

Maybe, but I don't think so, since he is not an extreme skier, nor
into the extreme skiing, what he did is called "praise [others'
skiing] high to insinuate [my skiing] low," a common practice for 'net
bashers when they wouldn't want to admit that their opponent was
right.

LAL was correct I was referring to extreme downhill ski racing.

Yup, and you also said a lot of other things in that post too.

I looked up
Chinese Downhill racing and it seems to be also an extreme downhill racing,
the promoters just use the term "Chinese Downhill" to signify the race is a
mad rush to the bottom.

I use the term as "open," meaning everything goes.

IS you are saying you have competed in Chinese
Downhill racing and won? They are held once per year at different
locations, which race did you win?

No, I don't race. "Racing is a life style, not necessarily a life
achievement." In Taichi/Chinese mentality life achievement is not what
you have won, but what you have achieved, in life.

Yes, you are correct I am not an extreme skier. Here again you make
insinuations of my intent about extreme skiers and your low skiing level. I
said no such thing nor did I illude to. Here is your practice to take what
you want something to mean twist it to fit you in a positive way and knock
the original intent.

Your insinuation on my insinuation? Since you are not an extreme
skier, I wasn't insinuating. And you were insinuating I cannot do
extreme skiing so my skiing was low level.

I did not say your skiing was low level, you did!!!
What you have done is what those in denial do all the time, knock down the
questioner and praise oneself.

What makes you think that the questioner's questions always right/
valid? I did say I scrutinize the scrutinizer. And you feel that
you're being knocked down?

You have not proved your skiing is high
level to this point yet much less to be the ultimate form of high level
skiing.

You have not disproved my statements, nor proved your statements, your
denial shows.

I only asked, have you proved it by competing against others that
put their art on the line. If your system is so ultimate it will be easy
for you to come out victorious and everyone will recognize your ultimate
skiing system. Likewise, if it is a flop you will be luck to finish the
race and not be the butt of every joke.

"Here is your practice to take what you want something to mean twist
it to fit you in a positive way and knock the original intent"? Yes,
you did intend to insinuate that TCS is a flop, when you use competing
as your only mean of reference.

I suspect JQ was talking about extreme competitions where a selected
nearly impossible slope of cliffs and ravines and wild snow is used for
the "course" and the competitors are judged by selected line difficulty,
panache, and balls, as well as speed. Alpine Meadows (once again) has
been hosting an annual extreme telemarker competition on the keyhole and
the buttress slopes.

Extreme skiing may reflect a skier's courage and spirit but not
necessarily the techniques and skills. TCS Downhill would challenge a
skier's all around abilities of all-mountain skiing, courage and
spirit included.

Extreme skiing most definately reflects a skier's tehniques and skills

No, the soft snow condition that extreme skiing is in masked a lot of
faults of the skiing. The "on course" racing demands much more
technical skills than extreme skiing.

just to be a extreme skier you must have courage/spirit.

Yup, so are all other high level skiers, try an "on course"--stick to
your line--run at 45 mph, see how you feel.

Since there is no such
thing as "TCS Downhill" other than in your own imagination it has no merit
thus can prove nothing.

TCS Downhill was what I trademarked yesterday, and it would prove
whether or not you match up to your own expectation.

Make it real by having an organized event next
winter opened to the general skiing/boarding population and not just your
students. If you and your students dominate the podium then you will have
proved your point otherwise, it will be wishful thinking.

Your gapper quality shows.

IS
Old June 14th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

On Jun 14, 8:22 am, "JQ" wrote:
[...]

You here sound like every other martial artist that claims their martial
arts is the ultimate fighting art. They won't compete to show how good it
really is compared to other martial arts siting all kinds of BS. Whether
the achievements is through competition or through some other form of
accomplishment it still is achievement. Isn't TaiChi Skiing a life style as
is racing? And if not what makes Racing a life style and Tai Chi Skiing
not?

Yes, you are correct I am not an extreme skier. Here again you make
insinuations of my intent about extreme skiers and your low skiing level.
said no such thing nor did I illude to. Here is your practice to take
what
you want something to mean twist it to fit you in a positive way and
knock
the original intent.

Your insinuation on my insinuation? Since you are not an extreme
skier, I wasn't insinuating.

We are not speaking of me not being an extreme skier and you know that. We
are talking about what it takes to be an extreme skier. You inferred
yourself about not having what it takes to be an extreme skier. I was
giving you credit as to being able to extreme ski.
I said nothing about you being a low level skier....

extreme skiing so my skiing was low level.

I did not say your skiing was low level, you did!!!
What you have done is what those in denial do all the time, knock down
the
questioner and praise oneself.

What makes you think that the questioner's questions always right/
valid?

I know this questioner is correct on the questions asked being the
questioner of fact!!!
I can not speak for other questioner's being right or wrong but you seem to
think you can.

I did say I scrutinize the scrutinizer. And you feel that
you're being knocked down?

No, you need to do a lot more than that to knock me down. You can attempt
to embarass or discredit me but the way you are doing it only shows
embarassment to those that follow your teachings. I highly doubt you tell
your students to read what you write here about your philosophical
stand/view points and how you go about proving your point or justifing them.

You have not proved your skiing is high
level to this point yet much less to be the ultimate form of high level
skiing.

You have not disproved my statements, nor proved your statements, your
denial shows.

I am not the one saying to the world that my skiing style is the ultimate
skiing style and the of the highest level as you are doing. So it is you
that needs to prove your point. I only asked how have you proved your point
other than just saying it is so.

No denials here only denial is coming from you. I have come to realize that
you know all, make no mistakes, live the life of enlightenment and maybe a
living buddha in your own mind.

I only asked, have you proved it by competing against others that
put their art on the line. If your system is so ultimate it will be easy
for you to come out victorious and everyone will recognize your ultimate
skiing system. Likewise, if it is a flop you will be luck to finish the
race and not be the butt of every joke.

"Here is your practice to take what you want something to mean twist
it to fit you in a positive way and knock the original intent"? Yes,
you did intend to insinuate that TCS is a flop, when you use competing
as your only mean of reference.

I did not insinuate that TCS is a flop. With the statements you made of how
great TCS is, it would be a flop if you could not make a respectful
appearance/finish. If not through
competition how else can you prove that TCS is the ultimate skiing system?
You make the claims now tell us how you can prove the point other than
making a solely subjective point based solely off your own oipinion.

I will be the first to agree with you and back you up all the way if you can
prove your claims. When you make a claim be ready to back them up with more
than, "I said so therefore, it must be true". It is not up to the world or
anyone to prove you wrong it is for you to "prove" your claims.

[...]

This just shows your lack of knowledge, racing and extreme skiing demands
different technical skiing skills, some skills are cross overs some need to
be more refined.
Since your system is the ultimate you are able to both and do it with ease
correct?

just to be a extreme skier you must have courage/spirit.

Yup, so are all other high level skiers, try an "on course"--stick to
your line--run at 45 mph, see how you feel.

so to be a high level skier, one must be able to ski
1. "on course" (what is on course?)
2. -- stick to your line (how is the line determined?)
3. -- run at 45 mph (does the skier need to maintain 45 mph or even get up
to that speed?)
4. see how you feel (WTH does this mean?)

Since there is no such
thing as "TCS Downhill" other than in your own imagination it has no
merit
thus can prove nothing.

TCS Downhill was what I trademarked yesterday, and it would prove
whether or not you match up to your own expectation.

The second half of this sentence makes no sense.

Make it real by having an organized event next
winter opened to the general skiing/boarding population and not just your
students. If you and your students dominate the podium then you will
have
proved your point otherwise, it will be wishful thinking.

Your gapper quality shows.

I'm glad my gapper quality shows it only means I am in good company with
you...

IS

JQ
Dancing on the edge - gapper qualities and all

Old June 14th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:29:16 -0700 (PDT), Yabahoobs
wrote this crap:

He has challenged anyone in some sort of contest. He will employ his
TCS (total crap skiing?) technique. I will just ski.

I accept Chai Tea's challenge. I'm still wondering how one "wins"
though. Is it a race ? So first one to cross a line ? Is it a
subjective contest of who can get more "enlightened" ?

I too, a mighty Hungarian warrior shall also not back down from this
challenge. I shall wield two mighty hockey sticks instead of ski
poles. I shall hack and slash my way down the mountain.

I shall have my minions record this event, and burn many DVDs, to be
sold on Amazon.com. My glory and honor shall be seen until the end of
time.

Meet me at the information tower, and whoever shows will be
enlightened by a hockey stick.

Old June 15th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Jun 14, 4:11 pm, "JQ" wrote:

If not through
competition how else can you prove that TCS is the ultimate skiing system?

I am curious how one is deemed victorious / superior / better / higher
skilled in Chai Tea's proposed contest.

Since he says his 'trademarked' (LoL !) TCS is measured with line,
speed, style, technique, and various other parameters...AND that fact
that he says that he does not "race"...

Isn't that just a pussy's way of negating ANY result that he suspects
paints him in a poor light ?

....How EXACTLY does one win / be victorious / superior / better /
higher skilled / whatever in such a contest ?

Old June 15th 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:26:40 -0700 (PDT), Yabahoobs
wrote this crap:

Isn't that just a pussy's way of negating ANY result that he suspects
paints him in a poor light ?

...How EXACTLY does one win / be victorious / superior / better /
higher skilled / whatever in such a contest ?

I say that the last man standing, who can hold a sword high, shall be
the victor. A flagon of mead shall be reased, and his name will be
remembered forever.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me

Food for thought taichiskiing Alpine Skiing 24 June 11th 08 07:09 PM
Thought this was interesting Tubs Alpine Skiing 1 November 18th 06 02:50 AM
Food for thought... Norm Alpine Skiing 1 November 27th 05 04:26 AM
A New Year's Thought Jim Strohm Alpine Skiing 0 December 31st 04 05:04 PM
Food for thought from Denmark. Inger Skramstad Jørstad Alpine Skiing 3 March 27th 04 12:28 PM