Hardwood Floor Guy Needed

Old December 28th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Hardwood Floor Guy Needed

On Dec 28, 1:02*pm, VtSkier wrote:

Uhm, Horvie,
I think Pigo said "HARDWOOD" floor, not Pergo.

There is one in between. Usually laminated like plywood with a top
skin of real wood and prefinished. Not what I would call "hardwood"
floor. But more that "Pergo". Pergo is laminate but a plastic product.
It does have reasonable applications, but they are not usually "high
end".

I saw that my link requires sign in. Did everyone get that? Or did you
get to the pics?
Old December 28th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/gr...rid=124071805/

pw pictures
Old December 28th 10, 07:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 28, 1:17*pm, pigo wrote:
On Dec 28, 1:02*pm, VtSkier wrote:

Uhm, Horvie,
I think Pigo said "HARDWOOD" floor, not Pergo.

There is one in between. Usually laminated like plywood with a top
skin of real wood and prefinished. Not what I would call "hardwood"
floor. But more that "Pergo". Pergo is laminate but a plastic product.
It does have reasonable applications, but they are not usually "high
end".

I saw that my link requires sign in. Did everyone get that? Or did you
get to the pics?

Crap. That site's not working for me. Who has a site I can sign up for
and share the pics?
Old December 28th 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/28/2010 03:17 PM, pigo wrote:
On Dec 28, 1:02 pm, wrote:

Uhm, Horvie,
I think Pigo said "HARDWOOD" floor, not Pergo.

There is one in between. Usually laminated like plywood with a top
skin of real wood and prefinished. Not what I would call "hardwood"
floor. But more that "Pergo". Pergo is laminate but a plastic product.
It does have reasonable applications, but they are not usually "high
end".

I saw that my link requires sign in. Did everyone get that? Or did you
get to the pics?

My living room, dining area and kitchen have
oak strip flooring. The real thing. My office
and my wife's office have Pergo.

I was able to see your kitchen without a
sign-in. Looks nice.

I've seen the plywood laminate too.

I like the Pergo for the uses/spaces that
I have it in. Low use, low traffic, no
moisture. The only other floor material I
have is carpet in the master bedroom.
Even our bathroom has hardwood, oh and
the entry and guest bath has tile.

Old December 28th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 28, 12:02*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 12/28/2010 12:33 PM, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 07:59:13 -0800 (PST),
wrote this crap:

I partnered up with a guy and the rehab of an old house in Seattle.
Anyone know a hardwood floor guy up there?

You can buy do-it-yourself hardwood at Lowe's and Home Depot. *I did
my sewing room myself and it turned out so good that I did the great
room. *I'm doing the kitchen next, then the hallways. *The new stuff
notched so you just have to slap it together. I used Armstrong and it
is guaranteed for 30 years.

A 60 year old grandmother at my VFW did her living room herself.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Uhm, Horvie,
I think Pigo said "HARDWOOD" floor, not Pergo

Hey, asshole? Since you are reading your fellow freaks, got any
comment on them bragging about posting my home address and encouraging
wackjobs to do violence?
Ooooops, forgot. YOU posted my home address and encouraged wack jobs
to do violence.
Old December 28th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 28, 1:02 pm, *wrote:

[...]

Holy ****. I knew these freaks were pppppuuuusssssiiiiieeeessss, but
not so pussy that they would start discussing kitchen floor
treatments. Major league pussy.
Old December 28th 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 28, 1:02 pm, *wrote:

My living room, dining area and kitchen have
oak strip flooring. The real thing. My office
and my wife's office have Pergo.

I have that in the Salt Lake house. 1 1/2 inch strips, about 1/2 inch
thick (over 100 y.o.). Probably started out much thicker. I've set the
nails a couple of times now.

I was able to see your kitchen without a
sign-in. Looks nice.

That's about 13/16's #3 hickory 4" wide. I saved all the scrap for the
smoker!

I've seen the plywood laminate too.

Just another option. Looks a little more like real hardwood than
pergo. And can be done by a semi proficient DIY.

I like the Pergo for the uses/spaces that
I have it in. Low use, low traffic, no
moisture. The only other floor material I
have is carpet in the master bedroom.
Even our bathroom has hardwood, oh and
the entry and guest bath has tile.

I've got vinyl and carpet in the bath's. I'd like to go with cork when
I get around to it.

There's no question that there are suitable applications for pergo. I
wouldn't put it in the entry of a $1M home. I'd put it in a $200K one,
depending on the circumstance. It's only a floor after all.

Old December 28th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On Dec 28, 1:02 pm, wrote:

[...]

I mostly do my own work. While your right it's only
a floor, I do hate replacing them when if you pick
the right stuff and do a good job, you won't need to
as in your Salt Lake house.

Old December 28th 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 28, 4:15*pm, VtSkier wrote:

I mostly do my own work. While your right it's only
a floor, I do hate replacing them when if you pick
the right stuff and do a good job, you won't need to
as in your Salt Lake house.

The stuff in my SL house is 100 years old. Still there. I just don't
know how many more times it can be refinished. Without kids I think it
will last as long as I need it to.

This hickory is _super_ hardwood. The staples into the tounge are
pretty far down there from the refinish zone. Unless someone really
abuses it and runs around in here with metal spikes on, it should last
forever.

I like to do things the best that they can be done. But sometimes
there are cost/reward factors to consider. That didn't happen in the
kitchen however. We pretty much went all out on that. The hardware was
$2300 !!!!!!

Old December 28th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:02:52 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

Uhm, Horvie,
I think Pigo said "HARDWOOD" floor, not Pergo.

I used Armstrong. NOT Pergo.